Sponsored

BVK - Bmac Vehicle Kinematics (formerly BmacIL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Hello all!
Many of you know me as BmacIL on the forum here. I've been thrilled to help many, many people with setup advice and recommend the best options for what will make people happy with the dynamics of their cars. It's truly an awesome feeling to hear people tell you that you were able to restore or renew love for driving their vehicle. For those of you whom these statements describes well, please post and share your experience!

While this has been fun for me as a hobby, through others' suggestion and self-realization, I have decided to start a small company with the goal of using vehicle dynamics tools and a huge database of part information to provide model-based vehicle setup recommendations. This is for springs, swaybars, and damper selection & tuning primarily, but also will take into account the vehicle CG, roll centers, dynamic camber, etc, including changes from ride height variation as well as correction. This is not just for track rats or those of us who use our cars for dual duty. This can also be for someone who just wants a really well-sorted street car that performs well, but their first priority is street manners.

You may be asking, "What is the value to me?"
Whether you know nothing or a good bit about vehicle kinematics, what I can offer is a model and setup based on a consistent physics philosophy and known best practices for maximizing grip and improving ride. This is not going to be based on what's popular, flashy or necessarily what people like to throw money at. This will be what's right for you.

What you'll receive:
1. Baseline analysis of car as it is - stock or already modified is fine
2. Recommended setup based on one's individual goals for the car, budget and usage
3. A few tuning options or recommendations based on the setup

I will provide an objective, quantitative analysis and provide the best options that fit. All brands and brand tuning options will be part of the pool of options available.

An option to my setup services is that I can also now provide individually-configured Viking coilovers and shocks to suit the setup if you should desire them. With double adjustability, and extremely high quality, they are an underrated option out there.

To start, you can send me a PM and submit your info on my site. I will follow-up with additional questions about your vehicle and your goals.

https://www.bmacvehiclekinematics.com

View attachment 462124 View attachment 462125
BVK-next.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Awesome Brian! I love to see individuals do what they are passionate about and excel at. It's good to have you back on the forum.
Some of the folks here may know about how you helped me with my car. The value of your advice could have saved me thousands (I went through two different setups before this).

You helped to alleviate a lot of common misinformation about suspension and chassis tuning that I've been able to put to good use and test in the real world. Now I love my car and it works for everything I do with it (daily driving, back roads, track, commuting to work, etc.)

Suspension and chassis tuning is not a "one size fits all" approach. I've come to understand that pretty well. And, it's a bit of an art form imo to make all of the components work in harmony. It's truly satisfying when you get it right and the results back it up.

Good luck to you in your business, and if you ever need anything from me please let me know!

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
At first I saw this 'new' poster in threads that catch my eye in the suspension sub-forum and was like he sounds familiar. Congrats on starting the new venture and I'm sure you will do great. You know your stuff!

Maybe folks who are smart enough to realize they don't know what's best (don't count me in that group, lol) will seek you out so they avoid a garage full of parts that didn't work out for them as well as they had hoped.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Good for you Brian!! Thanks for all you've contributed to the enthusiasts looking to better enjoy and enhance their ownership and driving experiences. I am implementing most of your suggestions in my car this month, and will continue to add on a systematic basis.....I think we have the chassis stiffened and wheel hop addressed for this season. Handling and body roll over next winter.

I look forward to supporting you, and your new venture.

THANK YOU!!!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Goodluck with your new venture. Though I personally don't know you i've seen so many of your posts in the suspension threads. You are one of the very knowledgeable and helpful members here on this site and i've learnt a lot of valuable info reading through your posts.

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Took the time to answer my DM's very thoroughly and helped me pick out a bunch of suspension parts before my engine blew. Excited to see how your knowledge pays off when I get my car back. +1 for the new site/service

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Good luck on the new adventure!

I just finished installing a bunch of suspension parts that Brian suggested and my GT handles so much better! The car is way more fun to drive!
Thank you Brian!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Brian has given me some sound advise on parts. I haven't gotten around to the upgrades yet, but I will be following his advice and will follow up with him through his service once I'm ready.

Thanks for input and good luck with the new endeavor.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
The suspension system in these cars is highly engineered and complicated. It isn't as easy as throwing on parts A and B from said company and expect it to perform to your expectation. The whole system was engineered as a package with every single piece of the system having a specific purpose and cohesive role in how the whole system reacts. To truly improve the factory setup, you need to understand the entire suspension systems and it's dynamics, otherwise you are just wasting your money and quite possibly... making the car perform worse.

Brian has an extensive engineering background (and engineering/creative mindset). From all my interactions with him (and reading his many helpful posts over the years) I have no doubt that he can analyze your setup, listen to your goals and provide you the absolute best aftermarket suspension package to make your ride handle better than you ever thought it could. These cars can out handle cars 2 even 3 times it's price range with the right combination of parts. Brian is the man to get you there!

From one engineer to another, I am excited to see your knowledge of mechanical/ suspension dynamics help other car enthusiasts fall in love with their cars all over again and wish you the best on your new venture sir!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
To echo everyone else...Brian loves giving advice and hearing feedback. From M6G to Facebook, he always aswered my questions and has solved problems from online interaction that people in person cannot solve.

As much money we put into our builds for the intended purpose, we still don't want to throw it away on set ups that make us resentful of the car. I personally don't have the funds and resources to continuously try different set ups so as the saying goes "Buy once, cry once". I saved thousands of dollars from talking to Brian. Also, if you are in the Mustang groups on FB, and when he sees a listing of an item he knows someone is interested in, he is quick to tag them so he makes shopping a bit easier lol.

All around great guy and is open to conversation which I think is one of the best things. I'm in love with my car

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Well this is just awesome!

Congrats Brian. One thing that I've learned about you is that you take a very systematic approach to resolving issues that you encounter, and you do not base your suggestions on bias. That is rare these days, as the internet is so full of 'know it all' types that base recommendations purely on how well a company strokes their ego or how big their sponsorship is.

You will do well.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Wow, I've read many posts by you BmacIL and took in advice you gave to others on suspension related topics. I truly wish you the best of luck and a steady flow of customers (and revenue), as you're striking out on your own.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Congrats, and good luck with your new venture!
As a new reader here less than 2 years ago, it was quickly obvious that your expertise on the subject of suspension is virtually unparalleled. Your input has always been spot on.

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
Congrats and good luck! Learned a lot just by reading your posts and build journal.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Brian has literally restored the love I initially had for my car. Based on his recommendations, my car is super planted and handles a ton better not only on the street, but on track and the autocross course.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.