SCCA CAM-C Thread

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Friend of mine, and recent pro solo winner made this table for A street Vette.

Screenshot_20200908-195559_Sheets.jpg
too bad it’s missing the goodyear S3. My buddy with a grand sport C7 shows they wear like iron and are likely less than $5/run.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Interesting that in Corvette sizes BFGs are more expensive...

Btw - with my active exhaust with Steeda H-pipe, I blew the sound in Bristol on Sunday (100.1). Setting it to quiet took it down to 98.7 and 99.1 if I remember correctly so I didn't end up disqualified...

One of the competitors in a GT350 with a stock exhaust did though.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
too bad it’s missing the goodyear S3. My buddy with a grand sport C7 shows they wear like iron and are likely less than $5/run.
They're likely my next choice. Only thing I am not sure about is cool weather and wet performance. Seems like the Bridgestone will still be ahead for that. Yoks aren't an option for me at the moment.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Somebody NEEDS to buy these shocks. They are really good and by far the best bang for the buck option.

Spread the word!
I haven’t seen them listed on Facebook Mustang track groups.... not that I’ve been looking. It took me several months to part out my CAM S197, it just takes time. Almost 100% of sales happened via Facebook.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Thanks to the unending setup help from Brian@BMVK, I scored my first win in CAMC yesterday. I won the class by 0.7 seconds, but my fastest (non-class) time was actually 1.3 seconds quicker than my class winning time.

Car is setup well thanks to Brian's expertise.

Slaloms still get me. I also may have to speed up my inputs a fair amount. Still a little "slow" due to years of track duty.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks to the unending setup help from Brian@BMVK, I scored my first win in CAMC yesterday. I won the class by 0.7 seconds, but my fastest (non-class) time was actually 1.3 seconds quicker than my class winning time.

Car is setup well thanks to Brian's expertise.

Slaloms still get me. I also may have to speed up my inputs a fair amount. Still a little "slow" due to years of track duty.

The car looked very flat and controlled in the video. Nice job yous.

It takes a while to get used to a setup even if it is great. I think you'll find the right mix of aggression and smoothness soon.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
At the very least, I don't have to sit around wondering what will be pissing me off this weekend.
20200916_154650.jpg
Truck bed full of happy right there...

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
OK, tension links, camber links and rear control arm are all at the machine shop for bushing R&R. I don't have the equipment to do it, nor do I have the interest. It sounds like fun, but I'm farming it out. As it is, I know everything is going to be a real treat to refit, but the good news is I got this far.

The bitch is I broke the LR Magneride travel sensor, so I get to buy a new one of those if I can't cobble this one back together.

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium PP, 2013 Scion FR-S
Hi everyone - I am currently considering either Koni or Steeda adjustable struts/shocks for my "very budget" CAM-C build for local occasional autocross use (2106 GT PP). Currently it is on a Steeda "lowering spring" that was on the car when I bought it, on the stock struts/shocks and bars, stock Pirelli summer tires but square 275s on 19x10 wheels, and camber bolts. The car seems to be ponderous and rolly in a way that makes it not fun when autocrossing. (Tires are of course the first thing to address to be quicker.)

I am not particularly concerned with ending up with a harsh street ride if it provides for as good an autocrossing car as I can muster on a budget, and thus I suspect I will want whichever one is better suited with whatever (stiff) spring is ultimately chosen.

Is there a consensus as to which of these would be a better starting point, or is there a third similar budget spring/strut option I am not considering? Thanks in advance.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Hi everyone - I am currently considering either Koni or Steeda adjustable struts/shocks for my "very budget" CAM-C build for local occasional autocross use (2106 GT PP). Currently it is on a Steeda "lowering spring" that was on the car when I bought it, on the stock struts/shocks and bars, stock Pirelli summer tires but square 275s on 19x10 wheels, and camber bolts. The car seems to be ponderous and rolly in a way that makes it not fun when autocrossing. (Tires are of course the first thing to address to be quicker.)

I am not particularly concerned with ending up with a harsh street ride if it provides for as good an autocrossing car as I can muster on a budget, and thus I suspect I will want whichever one is better suited with whatever (stiff) spring is ultimately chosen.

Is there a consensus as to which of these would be a better starting point, or is there a third similar budget spring/strut option I am not considering? Thanks in advance.
If you're going to do it, do it right: good coilovers. You cannot get properly stiff for CAM with lowering springs and struts. You make up the lack of speed in tighter corners with high speed transitions (slaloms and high speed gates). This requires having a car that is easy to push hard and transitions quickly, leading to stiff front springs in particular.
Sponsored