Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
you can get real race rains (pirelli, michelin) for $125/ea off the 'net. Or run Continentals in like 275 size. The Conti seem to be particularly good in wet.
I feel like I remember other using Conti's for this. I was looking at the cheaper Falkens, but will look at those.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
you can get real race rains (pirelli, michelin) for $125/ea off the 'net. Or run Continentals in like 275 size. The Conti seem to be particularly good in wet.
Just keep in mind that rain tires in CAM-C still need to be street legal and 200TW minimum.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I feel like I remember other using Conti's for this. I was looking at the cheaper Falkens, but will look at those.
People typically use PS4S or Conti ECS. I feel (based on others, haven't had them) that Yokohama is one do it all unless it really pours. Unfortunately, in the size I want it - it's MIA with no ETA.

Falken (at least for me) is terrible, Bridgestone (which I have a closeout set on) was pretty good on slick asphalt. I feel (and again - my feeling), you need standing water for PS4S / ECS to be faster than autocross tire.

Currently haul PS4S as a rain set - because I have them (came with the car).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
Reactions: kz

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Nice run, I remember that event and your car! I am glad I found this thread.

I had the #98 GT350 at the March event. Your car looks a lot different now than at the March event.
Thanks. I should have full (ugly) aero Sunday. All depends if I can get my air dam fabbed up.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
People typically use PS4S or Conti ECS. I feel (based on others, haven't had them) that Yokohama is one do it all unless it really pours. Unfortunately, in the size I want it - it's MIA with no ETA.

Falken (at least for me) is terrible, Bridgestone (which I have a closeout set on) was pretty good on slick asphalt. I feel (and again - my feeling), you need standing water for PS4S / ECS to be faster than autocross tire.

Currently haul PS4S as a rain set - because I have them (came with the car).
Yeah, the Falken is fine in damp conditions, but in anything close to standing water, its about the worst tire I can remember.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks. I should have full (ugly) aero Sunday. All depends if I can get my air dam fabbed up.
Very nice, it's going to be the first and only event (apart from September hunting) I miss. Looking like great weather, and HPA is always fast.

Good luck!

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone swapped in one of the aftermarket android screens to run data acquisition or anything like that? Mines a base, and I'm thinking about an upgrade to an 8" screen, but haven't decided which Data acquisition to run yet.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I have a base audio system and just use Solostorm and a magnetic base to use my phone. Works perfectly (when I don't let things die)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone swapped in one of the aftermarket android screens to run data acquisition or anything like that? Mines a base, and I'm thinking about an upgrade to an 8" screen, but haven't decided which Data acquisition to run yet.
solostorm is a bit quirky but omce you know how the UI works its got to be the best option by far for autocross data. If you have 2 minutes between runs you can compare and scrub through runs.

kinda useless for ProSolos (no time to look at it with that format).

for beginners who just want an overlay on some video, Harry’s or Track Addict are probably fine. For intermediates who want to know where the actual tenths of seconds are going, and who aren’t held back by chronic underdriving or other rookie mistakes, Solostorm can be valuable enough to justify the $200 pricetag. (Plus the cost of the high rez GPS unit and maybe ODB2 sender you’ll need).

Sponsored

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
solostorm is a bit quirky but omce you know how the UI works its got to be the best option by far for autocross data. If you have 2 minutes between runs you can compare and scrub through runs.

kinda useless for ProSolos (no time to look at it with that format).

for beginners who just want an overlay on some video, Harry’s or Track Addict are probably fine. For intermediates who want to know where the actual tenths of seconds are going, and who aren’t held back by chronic underdriving or other rookie mistakes, Solostorm can be valuable enough to justify the $200 pricetag. (Plus the cost of the high rez GPS unit and maybe ODB2 sender you’ll need).
Yeah, SoloStorm was high on my list. I was leaning that way. Are you going to be at the test and tune ? I'll bring the shock tower tool, if so. It cut like butter. super easy.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, SoloStorm was high on my list. I was leaning that way. Are you going to be at the test and tune ? I'll bring the shock tower tool, if so. It cut like butter. super easy.
ya I’ll be there!

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I should have scheduled time at the T&T, but I guess we will just use the Local Porsche club event as T&T.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
you want something mobile. The proclip mounting system is beastly strong. I recommend it.