Sponsored

Recommendations for replacement lug nuts.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have them also on my explorer

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Gorilla or McGard, no real reason to use anything else if you need new nutz.

Never had issues with either.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I was always taught with alloy wheels, torque to 100-105ftlbs, so have been doing mine to 105ftlbs for many years
Me too, 100 on my new Gorillas as I have done with all my cars over the last 30 years. Never had a lug nut loosen in all that time.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Gorilla or McGard, no real reason to use anything else if you need new nutz.

Never had issues with either.
Yep, this basically sums up the thread. I use both depending on which set of wheels I'm on.

Just to clarify for anyone who may be confused. You either want DEEZ NUTS:
64012.jpg

Or, DEEZ NUTS:
81e84UT+TOL.jpg

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Read the mother effin manual written by Ford and its engineers!! Jeezus the ignorance is astounding. If you think you know better than the engineers that designed the studs and determined the proper torque, why don’t you go talk to them and tell them to revise the owners manuals for every single model that uses those studs, including the Mustang.
OK dickhead, I will. I'll call Ford tomorrow

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OK dickhead, I will. I'll call Ford tomorrow
Nice response, what are you, 5 years old?

The stud drives the torque value NOT the wheel. Ford switched to a 14mm stud for S550 (used to be 12mm) which is what is driving the higher torque value. There’s several threads on this and several people that work with metals for a living have confirmed all of this several times over. Not to mention all of the legitimate websites that have been cited in this thread.

Just because you have hadn’t had any problems at a lower torque (yet) doesn’t make you right. Again, Ford engineers designed the part and verified the spec. You’re relying on “well I’ve always done it this way so I must be right”. I’ll go with the guys/gals that actually designed and tested the part.

Next time come back with a better response than name calling kid.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have a serious hypothetical question for all of you who say under torquing is fine. I really hope that you will answer and answer honestly.
The question;
One of your closest family members is hit and seriously injured, maybe paralyzed or even killed, by a wheel that has come off another vehicle. It is later proven that the cause of the accident is that the wheel was knowingly under torqued by 1/3rd of its stated torque value. What do you do?

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I have a serious hypothetical question for all of you who say under torquing is fine. I really hope that you will answer and answer honestly.
The question;
One of your closest family members is hit and seriously injured, maybe paralyzed or even killed, by a wheel that has come off another vehicle. It is later proven that the cause of the accident is that the wheel was knowingly under torqued by 1/3rd of its stated torque value. What do you do?
Great comment and good point!

Side note though, I can't believe that all I asked for was some recommendations on lug nuts and my thread turned into a torque pissing contest. 😂😂😂 I'm sorry everyone!!

Loving all the recommendations - keep it up! 😎 👍

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Side note though, I can't believe that all I asked for was some recommendations on lug nuts and my thread turned into a torque pissing contes
That's why we use the search function before posting and read the previously posted wisdom. 😁😋

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's why we use the search function before posting and read the previously posted wisdom. 😁😋
This is more fun though 🤣
Sponsored