BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Hello Aaron,

Great news - I just spoke to our manufacturing team - we are going to honor the warranty & get you a new unit out ASAP. Please send me your address to [email protected].

As far as your conversation with our sales team - I can assure you, you were not being blown off or doubted that there was an issue. The sales professional needed a few minutes to understand what was taking place, he needed to speak with our manufacturing team & he was going to get back to you as soon as he was able to understand what was taking place.

We appreciate your patience & support.

Best Regards,

TJ

Steeda don't play around. They take care of their customers.

I had issue with a set of used Steeda shocks and mounts and they took care of me.
GREAT customer service.

Sawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's awesome thank you. You guys should have my information but I'll shoot you a PM with our address.

Thanks again

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Well, chalk another failure or near-failure up to "something".

Using BMR mounts, never bottomed out, bumpstops in place, lowered 0.5", divorced coilover suspension.

Hoping to get it fixed on Saturday (MIG welded) and considering going back to stock mounts.

Very frustrated.
20200815_084102.jpg
20200815_084052.jpg

OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just wanted to update everyone as I somewhat forgot about this thread(apologizes) I went with the J&M Rear Upper Shock Mounts and could not be happier with how they've preformed on the car so far. Have not had a chance to get a track day in yet but it has gotten plenty of street use and some decently bad roads and nothing bad so far. I can say its a very high quality piece and I am thoroughly pleased!

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Well, chalk another failure or near-failure up to "something".

Using BMR mounts, never bottomed out, bumpstops in place, lowered 0.5", divorced coilover suspension.

Hoping to get it fixed on Saturday (MIG welded) and considering going back to stock mounts.

Very frustrated.
20200815_084102.jpg
20200815_084052.jpg
WOW... that could have been a really bad day.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
pulled mine off after 6-8 months to inspect. stock PP suspension with RLCA bearing. didnt see much but the bottom weld on the nut looks like its starting to pull through on the sheet metal. on 2 of the nuts (1 on each side) the bottom weld sticks out noticeably further than the others. the rest are still flat.

i didnt take photos of what it was when i installed but i dont recall any raised portion around the bolt hole. appears the load is being placed directly on the welded nut, and the sheetmetal flexes a bit. notice the 3 points of contact around the bolt hole that have spots of paint flaking.

maybe im being a bit anxious with this one part, or maybe its before the metal fatigued to failure, thoughts?
20200819_092051.jpg
20200819_092111.jpg
20200819_101249.jpg
20200819_101300.jpg
20200819_101317.jpg
20200819_101436.jpg

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I should have labeled. First 2 are driver side. It's the front bolt hole. Last 4 are pass side and it's the rear bolt hole

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
The longer this thread goes the more suspect the Ford chassis mount points are. I think the solution is going to be to plate the Ford with perhaps 0.90" like we would for a rollcage backing plate and bolt the shock mounts to that. Or weld more plate to the shock mount like Ridetech and add some rivet nuts to the Ford chassis.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The longer this thread goes the more suspect the Ford chassis mount points are. I think the solution is going to be to plate the Ford with perhaps 0.90" like we would for a rollcage backing plate and bolt the shock mounts to that. Or weld more plate to the shock mount like Ridetech and add some rivet nuts to the Ford chassis.
Ford putting the joint in bending was the first mistake. There's a reason why most shocks have fasteners oriented in straight tension & compression or in shear (strut mounting).

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
what im seeing in these pics is the sheetmetal around the bolthole cracking but the bolthole looks ok. can someone confirm that its the sheetmetal that is the structural support for the shock?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Ford putting the joint in bending was the first mistake. There's a reason why most shocks have fasteners oriented in straight tension & compression or in shear (strut mounting).
If there's enough clamped load those bolts shouldn't be in bending.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I smell a world-wide recall developing... though I guess since it hasn't failed catastrophically and killed anyone in 3yrs of ownership Ford thinks it's safe from lawsuits. Though I'd get behind an initiative to beat the supervising engineer half to death (just half) for allowing such a retard design to go forward.
Sponsored