Hyundai Shitbox
WTF 28K for a V6 WOW!!!!! hell you can get a Base V6 Mustang for $19,000
Base model MSRP:
Mustang: $24,145
Camaro is $26,695

Mid Grade?
Mustang: $25,645
Camaro: $28,190

Also, you can't really compare V6 to V6 since they're technically two different levels of trim. However, the mid grade Mustang MSRP is cheaper than the base model Camaro MSRP. GG Chevy...
Sure there are Mustangs out there new and heavily discounted but I have a feeling there will be A LOT of Camaros out there that way pretty soon too. That is if GM wants to sell any... lol. Mustang is deff more attractive to the average buyer price wise.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I've heard this claimed quite a bit lately, is there anything behind this or is this unsubstantiated claims from the Camaro faithful trying to save face?
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-profits-more-double-record-113804496.html#

" he said average prices per vehicle in North America improved, which he attributed to trucks and new products such as the Chevrolet Malibu and Camaro"

Here in the Northwest we are always the last to get the new cars. Some dealers by me now have the 4,6 & v8 available including convertibles. I've never seen a new Camaro at the closest dealer by me. My wife wants a new Camaro 2SS convertible but at $55K MSRP. The 2 T4 Camaros on the lot were $28K, that is way to high for an entry level.

Would be interesting to see the profit/car

My son's stock 2000 Camaro SS was faster than my wife's 2012 Camaro SS. One of my other son's recently bought a 2000 WS6 Trans Am with the ram air hood. Came from the factory with 275 tires on all 4s, 345hp, excellent 4 wheel disc brakes and 3,400lbs.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The last two paragraphs of that R&T article pretty much sums it up for me.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
:gossip: I expect lower sales to continue for all
recession.jpg

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have a buddy at work who has a 2011 Camaro, and has been talking about getting a new SS -- today he says the new car is too loud! He's test driven it -- and his 2011 has a Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back on it... Seriously? I love my Mustang -- but honestly, all this doesn't bode well for the breed overall -- competition is good for the breed. We are in an oil glut, and OPEC has been talking about production caps -- but the most impact on your carbon footprint is actually the FOOD YOU EAT, and where it comes from! It's true -- interesting study done in Sweden, I think it was. Folks can drive a Prius and reduce their carbon footprint 5-10%, or shop at the local farmers market and reduce it by 50%. Just sayin'. More people need to buy American muscle, and shop at the farmers market, IMO. Just saying.

Furypony

2016 StangGTVertOxfWhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible Oxford white black wheels
Camaro less sales

Camaro Design does not have enough original dna.

Mustang has more pricing options for different budget.

The design is over modern over done making it look fugly.

Camaro Lost its American muscle/pony look,looks more like an Honda Korean design car.

The mustang looks classy,simple sexy and mean. Kept its American/European and added an touch of James Bond Austin Martin look to it. Muscle/Pony/sexy/aggressive/with a touch of European .

Mustangs interior is much more sporty than Camaro. Obviously airplane cockpit design has worked. The dash of Camero is again uninspiring. Yet the door trims of Camaro again to busy and confusing to the eye actually cheapens it makes you feel you in an alien spaceship than a muscle sporting bat out of hell car.
The Camaro is just try hard and busy inside and out. Boring it's over done to busy which makes it confusing thus uninspiring.

Don't get me wrong the designers have worked hard but doesn't work on the Camero maybe on another type of car. It reminds me of the ford proton to futuristic but missed the mark. The visability is not as good as mustang.

The sale numbers compared to mustang proof the public have voted with their orders and wallet.

In some options mustang has more safety features unfortunately we don't get all of these in oz. But I do like the way Camaro hides it's soft top.

Australia is going crazy over your 6g Mustang. Thank you ford making rhd for us Gm couldn't even bother. Doesn't matter looks like we got the best anyway. But would love the competition.
Gm take note.

Last edited:

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Camaro Design does not have enough original dna.

Mustang has more pricing options for different budget.

The design is over modern over done making it look fugly.

Camaro Lost its American muscle/pony look,looks more like an Honda Korean design car.

The mustang looks classy,simple sexy and mean. Kept its American/European and added an touch of James Bond Austin Martin look to it. Muscle/Pony/sexy/aggressive/with a touch of European .

The Camaro is just try hard and busy inside and out. Boring it's over done to busy which makes it uninspiring.

The visability is not as good as mustang.

The sale numbers compared to mustang proof the public have voted with their orders and wallet.

In some options mustang has more safety features unfortunately we don't get all of these in oz. But I do like the way Camaro hides it's soft top.

Australia is going crazy over your 6g Mustang. Thank you ford making rhd for us Gm couldn't even bother. Doesn't matter looks like we got the best anyway. But would love the competition.
Gm take note.
Yeah -- based only on looks, and given only a choice between a new Camaro or a Genesis, I might opt for the Genesis...

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
The mustang looks classy,simple sexy and mean. Kept its American/European and added an touch of James Bond Austin Martin look to it. Muscle/Pony/sexy/aggressive/with a touch of European.
:cheers:

This x 100.

When I first saw the S550 Mustang I was indifferent. It wasn't ugly, but it wasn't attractive either. But the more I saw it the more I fell in love with it. I agree with your description and I feel sorry for the Camaro fanbase. No doubt the Alpha platform is a great platform but holy hell the design is ugly. It's like they took an already mediocre and plain looking Zeta and made its only redeeming qualities ugly. Head to toe, front to back, inside and out, I really don't like the new Camaros.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at this and there appears to me to be several problems going on with chevy and gm as a whole. First the camaro redesign looks like a refreshed 5g car doesn't look much different. I'm sure most of the camaro faithful were hoping for a modern fresh car like the 6g Mustang, they didn't get it. Gm as a whole is not doing that good they reported total gm sales of 190613 vehicles, that's chevy,buick cadillac and gmc down 13% from last year. Ford reported sales of 226190 adding Lincoln's numbers it's 235997 vehicle sales. Maybe all their recalls, cover ups are starting to haunt them the buying public is losing confidence in their products. One magazine I read last year at the height of all the recalls and revelations of the cover ups said gm has found a way to get people back into their show rooms recalls. Not the way to do it!

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer

Furypony

2016 StangGTVertOxfWhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible Oxford white black wheels
Well you can see where perhaps the inspiration they got for the rear end of the 6 gen Camaro from this 90's Camaro. You can see the similarities at the rear end.
So my apologies they perhaps did use their dna but I was taking about their 67 to 70 dna cars.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
:cheers:

This x 100.

When I first saw the S550 Mustang I was indifferent. It wasn't ugly, but it wasn't attractive either. But the more I saw it the more I fell in love with it. I agree with your description and I feel sorry for the Camaro fanbase. No doubt the Alpha platform is a great platform but holy hell the design is ugly. It's like they took an already mediocre and plain looking Zeta and made its only redeeming qualities ugly. Head to toe, front to back, inside and out, I really don't like the new Camaros.
The Alpha is very, very good and it was somewhat advanced in 2011-'12. However, that superiority was only in the Alpha Short or the parent platform.

By the time the camaro recieved the structure, it had been stretched, shortened, the wheelbase reconfigured twice, the width extended and the suspension systems stretched... while the structure was enlarged for the CTS then cut down for the camaro, it never recieved any reinforcement, just connectors bolted in...

It's a 4 cylinder platform that was enlarged, equipped with a V8 and NEVER reinforced...

Once it got to the camaro, it was finished...

Alpha Short? Great...

Alpha Long and Alpha Wide? Not so much...
Sponsored