Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
New management at Lansing is in place to end the massive QC issues. Both individuals were hired before the end of May.

No word on a new marketing plan and as of now, shift 3 is being terminated.

Almost 20,000 Camaro's are on lots. At one time, 20,000 cars was only an 80 day supply. However, after reconfiguring the 30,000 sales into 5 months, it's a 120 day supply now on the "new demand". New demand? How about poor sales???

ATS on the chopping block.
Sponsored

HiFi

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
Sounds like another butt hurt Mustang owner wrote the article. Got tired of seeing all the awards that Chevy won and decided to fire back with a opinionated article to justify his mediocre performing car. Surprised he didn't mention the Mustang was in response to the Corvair...oh wait.

Mustang owners are far to concerned with which car sells more than which is a better performing car. Higher price = lower volume. But higher price also = better car. Go figure.

Ok, let the circle jerk continue.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sounds like another butt hurt Mustang owner wrote the article. Got tired of seeing all the awards that Chevy won and decided to fire back with a opinionated article to justify his mediocre performing car. Surprised he didn't mention the Mustang was in response to the Corvair...oh wait.

Mustang owners are far to concerned with which car sells more than which is a better performing car. Higher price = lower volume. But higher price also = better car. Go figure.

BAAAAAHAAHAHAHAAA:lol: Says the guy in the G8. Hows Pontiac sales doing numb-nuts? How many awards did a G8 win? You might want to head over to Camaro6 and get involved in their 800 post sale thread bitch fest. If your into sales threads.:DMaybe you can cry a river all the way to GMs head office along with those guys. They got awards from magazines. But cant give those cars away. I wonder if Ford wants an Award from some shitty magazine or 100K sales a year?:shrug:

Last edited:

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Higher price = lower volume. But higher price also = better car. Go figure.
At this point, price can't be the only factor resulting in such low sales especially YoY? There's something else swaying people away from this car I'm no consumer expert and havent done any research but whether it's looks or whatever I'm really curious to what it is.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Whatever you say to make yourself feel good.

YoY and MtM sales should be increasing for a new model vs. the last MY of an old gen UNLESS it's a flop. People just don't want to pay that much for a car that performs only incrementally better and is significantly more expensive. The S550 has had a very substantial volume increase every single month over the last two years of the S197. They're not slashing margins to do it, either. Ford came out with an overall more appealing package at a better price point. '18MY will only further cement that with the significant upgrades to come.

The styling/looks aren't helping it any, either.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
whys the camaro priced that high to begin with, its major components are existing GM parts.

BTW Challenger outside the Camaro this month

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Got tired of seeing all the awards that Chevy won and decided to fire back with a opinionated article to justify his mediocre performing car.
And despite all the accolades it's recieved from various car magazines the Mustang is still killing the Camaro in sales. :lol:

"The People's Champ"

Got a nice ring to it. :headbang:

Mustang owners are far to concerned with which car sells more than which is a better performing car.
Sale figures capture everything about a car, not just the objective measurements that MotorTrend put into a chart at the end of their comparison. We're not touting the sale figures for their own sake, they tell us something about each car. The public overwhelmingly prefers the new Mustang over the new Camaro because of the intangibles that don't fit in said charts.

Higher price = lower volume. But higher price also = better car. Go figure.
Yes, but that only goes so far. A 4k price difference doesn't explain why Mustang sales are pretty much double the Camaro sales. You aren't driving a high end Porsche or Ferrari for crying out loud. :doh: Honestly it seems that, when compared to the Mustang, people don't think the extra cost is worth it.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
New management at Lansing is in place to end the massive QC issues. Both individuals were hired before the end of May.

No word on a new marketing plan and as of now, shift 3 is being terminated.

Almost 20,000 Camaro's are on lots. At one time, 20,000 cars was only an 80 day supply. However, after reconfiguring the 30,000 sales into 5 months, it's a 120 day supply now on the "new demand". New demand? How about poor sales???

ATS on the chopping block.
6g camaro have a ton of little problems, and we throught mustang was bad, feel sorry for those traded their mustang for 6g camaro to find it even worst.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
6g camaro have a ton of little problems, and we throught mustang was bad, feel sorry for those traded their mustang for 6g camaro to find it even worst.
The nitwits that trade cars every two years just to have the fastest cars in the segment get what they deserve. New platforms usually have issues. My advice is look the car over real well before taking delivery! Mustang or Camaro.

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
BAAAAAHAAHAHAHAAA:lol: Says the guy in the G8. Hows Pontiac sales doing numb-nuts? How many awards did a G8 win? You might want to head over to Camaro6 and get involved in their 800 post sale thread bitch fest. If your into sales threads.:DMaybe you can cry a river all the way to GMs head office along with those guys. They got awards from magazines. But cant give those cars away. I wonder if Ford wants an Award from some shitty magazine or 100K sales a year?:shrug:
And yet that guy "hotlap" over on Camaro6 can talk about is the performance gap between the 6th generation Camaro and Mustang. I assume he bases his purchases solely on the performance metrics, because that's all he points out. He acts like anyone who buys a Mustang is an idiot when a Camaro that performs better is available.

Sorry, hotlap, while you may think the Camaro is a better buy, the majority of buyer do not seem to agree with you.

6g camaro have a ton of little problems, and we thought mustang was bad, feel sorry for those traded their mustang for 6g camaro to find it even worst.
The Camaro has always been a model plagued with quality issues. Every generation, no matter what platform it was built on, developed rattles and squeaks, had plastics that became brittle and paint that peeled/faded well in advance of it's rival models.

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
And despite all the accolades it's recieved from various car magazines the Mustang is still killing the Camaro in sales. :lol:

"The People's Champ"

Got a nice ring to it. :headbang:

Sale figures capture everything about a car, not just the objective measurements that MotorTrend put into a chart at the end of their comparison. We're not touting the sale figures for their own sake, they tell us something about each car. The public overwhelmingly prefers the new Mustang over the new Camaro because of the intangibles that don't fit in said charts.

Yes, but that only goes so far. A 4k price difference doesn't explain why Mustang sales are pretty much double the Camaro sales. You aren't driving a high end Porsche or Ferrari for crying out loud. :doh: Honestly it seems that, when compared to the Mustang, people don't think the extra cost is worth it.

I agree. But even if you are driving a hi end car...Mustang is outselling Porsche...in Germany!

Price and performance are issues. So are value, asthetic, how well a particular design carries on the tradition of a model while updating it, (the 911 is another classic example of this), etc.

I am glad to see anyone suggesting that a Chevy is mechanically superior to anything - means they have been moving in the right direction. I will never forgive them for how I was treated when I bought an 83 cavalier so I will never own another GM product - but I am glad to see that they have learned from past mistakes.

I own a 911. Great car. I will shortly (this week I hope) own my 3D Mustang. I own them for the only reasons that matter to me, they make me happy and my wife did not say no. :hail:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

LOL! Did you read the article? He obviously likes the Camaro, especially the 4th generation. Hardly a Mustang fan boy. Some people just can't handle anything that questions aspects of the newer generations of Camaro.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
3d mustang must be the special model

I have loved the last two for different reasons. Restored a '67 coupe - respect for those who love and keep them up, but it was too much for me. loved the 2006 vert - but too modified for me as I have aged - too much sound, too harsh a ride on all the potholes. But a great car that went to great owners.
Really looking forward to the new one!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
And yet that guy "hotlap" over on Camaro6 can talk about is the performance gap between the 6th generation Camaro and Mustang. I assume he bases his purchases solely on the performance metrics, because that's all he points out. He acts like anyone who buys a Mustang is an idiot when a Camaro that performs better is available.

Sorry, hotlap, while you may think the Camaro is a better buy, the majority of buyer do not seem to agree with you.
I remember that guy from my Camaro5 days. All he wanted to do was talk Ring times back then. He's one of those dudes, his car will never see any kind of track. So he quotes magazine times. Stock VS stock is the only thing that matters to the magazine racers. I'm not stock. Come get some!:DI'm willing to bet in his sig he has window tint and stripes for mods.
Sponsored