Sponsored

May 2015 Mustang Sales

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
It appears to be that mustangs and challengers have been selling better and better as the years progress since 2010, and camaro started dropping mid 11 to mid 12

PDX5oh3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That number should likely rise slightly, I know a lot of us were very busy last night and you could report until midnight. It was a great month for Ford.
The Internet sales guy I bought my car through told me the other day that they were crazy busy over this last weekend. Had their sale board completely filled up, which I assume is a lot. Not sure what % was mustangs or not, but either way Ford is getting it done.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Anyone have the breakdown on what percentage each model is doing? V6, EB, and V8?? I'm curious as it had been 50% GT and 25/25% EB/V6 up until a couple of months ago.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Its very surprising that the EB is outselling the GT in SoCal. I would've figured GT sales would be the highest in that market, but i guess not. Great thing to see though.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The Internet sales guy I bought my car through told me the other day that they were crazy busy over this last weekend. Had their sale board completely filled up, which I assume is a lot. Not sure what % was mustangs or not, but either way Ford is getting it done.
I am in maryland and had mine since nov,maybe have seen four since ive got mine.Ford knocked it out the park with this one.This is first new mustang since,1992,Always been a big mustang fan though which is why i have had five of them !!!!!!.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
And yet it is still quite rare to see one where I live. Which is a long way from California!
Rare to see them up here in Northern California as well but that is also understandable. Since September I've seen maybe 10. At the rate they are selling them however it won't be long before we start seeing them in droves.

Under the impression that GM didn't expect this...

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I live in Dearborn, MI and it's awful. Seriously. Every 2 blocks there are 3 of them.
Oh come on, of course there are a ton of them. The highest concentration of Ford vehicles on the planet is likely in the greater Dearborn area.

I generally see on average see about 1 a day, in the heart of FCA land.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Yea, great sales momentum Ford. But I would like to know what percentage the V-6s contributed...you know, that engine that wasn't meant to grace the S550 body...that engine that wasn't invited to the 6G Rollout Party...that engine that you can't have popular options with...and finally, as Rodney Dangerfield used to say, "I get no respect" engine. Just how many were sold? I think now that Chevy has a marketing plan that includes a Six, Ford might have to reexamine how they market the lowly 3.7L. It's my opinion, that Ford would have been better off not to have proclaimed years ago that the 6G wasn't meant to have the Cyclone motor. Chevy might make them eat those statements.

Sponsored

NVstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT
Great news! Has anyone been tracking total units sold ytd vs estimated total production ytd? At what continued monthly sales rate does ford start having capacity constraints and looking to addiitonal shifts or production overtime?

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Happy to be one of those numbers :) Will be interesting to see how sales stack up once the new Camaro comes out. Will be interesting to see if people buy a car that looks almost the same as the previous generation.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Ford is going to do well with the EB engine. Good job Ford!!!

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
While I'm glad it's selling well, I'll miss having one of the only ones on the road. I've still seen only a handful of S550s in my area since I got mine in December.
Sponsored