Sponsored

January 2016 Mustang Sales

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not sure why people make excuses for the camaro. I knew from the second it was released it wouldn't sell for shit. Who wants a camaro for 50 grand? The stickers on these dealer models are all over 48k

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
same ones have been sitting at dealers here since nov...so even more proof they aren't selling

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
I've only seen two 2016 Camaro's to this date since they've been on lots. But, to be honest...if it weren't for fleet sales, these vehicles wouldn't be able to survive. In San Diego, 2/3's of Camaro's I see are fleet; About half the mustangs are fleet; And Challenger's are about half as-well.

I went to go visit a dealer to see one in person with a college who has a 2012 Camaro. His impression was the same as mine, Its small. He liked it, but was too small for him and eventually decided not to get one. Maybe it didn't help the 2LT V6 was stickered $400 shy of 40 grand.

In the end, I feel Camaro will reign this year and lead in sales once fleet sales pick up for the Camaro.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
^The camaro looks so fat, wide, and boxy looking...it's really no surprise

The camaro does not deserve to be in the same picture as the 350-that is a thing of beauty!

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
S550 first started showing up at the beginning of October…

Sales 2014

September 3158
October 4575 (+1417)
November 8728 (+4153)
December 9511 (+783)

6G Camaro first stated showing up at the beginning of November…

Sales 2015

October 5289
November 5303 (+14)
December 5366 (+63)
January 5551 (+185)

I could be wrong here, but it sure appears to me at least, that it’s sales, in a word… sucks.

Even in the absence of the T4 shouldn’t one expect to see much better numbers then this?! I would certainly think so. Wondering if GM executives are swallowing mightly at these numbers…

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
^The camaro looks so fat, wide, and boxy looking...it's really no surprise

The camaro does not deserve to be in the same picture as the 350-that is a thing of beauty!
Obviously I am biased, but I agree 100%. It's got a new Corvette's hood shape, the previous Camaro's body lines, and a Corolla front end. :crazy:

The previous generation Camaro looks better than the new one, especially the first year it came out.

By the way that 350 is stunning!

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
Obviously I am biased, but I agree 100%. It's got a new Corvette's hood shape, the previous Camaro's body lines, and a Corolla front end. :crazy:

The previous generation Camaro looks better than the new one, especially the first year it came out.

By the way that 350 is stunning!
Wait til you see the GT550, the "Hellcat killer".

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The spin machine is in full speed production over at Camaro6..some are saying that GM should be pleased...

Pleased with only a jump of less than 200 cars month over month with a brand new Camaro on the lots? Pleased with not having a massive sales success like the 5th Gen? Pleased with a lower performing car (the Mustang) outselling the "MotorTrend Car of the Year" Camaro by over 2,000 cars with production in full swing?

Everyone seems to say "Oh my local dealer hasn't received any yet"..hmm..then why do some dealers have 20+ sitting on their lots? Even in sleepy, non-car centric Southern Oregon the two local Chevy dealers have them sitting on lots. A search on cars.com shows 200 or so 2016's available within 200 miles of me..so availability isn't an issue.

They scream how you can't compare the sales figures since not all the Camaro variants are available yet..but it didn't stop them from comparing the 5th Gen Camaro to the S550 when there was no high performance S550 out yet. Should we not compare 5th Gen vs S550 sales because the Camaro had the ZL1? Maybe we should remove ALL ZL1 and Z/28 sales for any months where the S550 was competing directly against the 5th Gen Camaro to make it fair..so January-November 2015 (when the GT350 finally made it into customer hands)

See? It doesn't make sense. You either compare the sales figures, or you don't. You can't cherry pick and disqualify results based on extremely rigid and easily manipulated conditions to better fit a preconceived bias. When the Mustang was posting huge sales numbers in the first 6 months the Camaro fans were saying it "doesn't really count because there are fire sales on the S197 Mustangs and those are inflating numbers"...well Chevy has a massive inventory of leftover 2014 and 2015 5th Gen Camaro's that are just sitting on lots, despite 0% financing for 72 months and big numbers slapped on hoods.

As of right now the bloom is off the Camaro rose, and only time will tell if the "savior" T4 will rescue it.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
The spin machine is in full speed production over at Camaro6..some are saying that GM should be pleased...

Pleased with only a jump of less than 200 cars month over month with a brand new Camaro on the lots? Pleased with not having a massive sales success like the 5th Gen? Pleased with a lower performing car (the Mustang) outselling the "MotorTrend Car of the Year" Camaro by over 2,000 cars with production in full swing?

Everyone seems to say "Oh my local dealer hasn't received any yet"..hmm..then why do some dealers have 20+ sitting on their lots? Even in sleepy, non-car centric Southern Oregon the two local Chevy dealers have them sitting on lots. A search on cars.com shows 200 or so 2016's available within 200 miles of me..so availability isn't an issue.

They scream how you can't compare the sales figures since not all the Camaro variants are available yet..but it didn't stop them from comparing the 5th Gen Camaro to the S550 when there was no high performance S550 out yet. Should we not compare 5th Gen vs S550 sales because the Camaro had the ZL1? Maybe we should remove ALL ZL1 and Z/28 sales for any months where the S550 was competing directly against the 5th Gen Camaro to make it fair..so January-November 2015 (when the GT350 finally made it into customer hands)

See? It doesn't make sense. You either compare the sales figures, or you don't. You can't cherry pick and disqualify results based on extremely rigid and easily manipulated conditions to better fit a preconceived bias. When the Mustang was posting huge sales numbers in the first 6 months the Camaro fans were saying it "doesn't really count because there are fire sales on the S197 Mustangs and those are inflating numbers"...well Chevy has a massive inventory of leftover 2014 and 2015 5th Gen Camaro's that are just sitting on lots, despite 0% financing for 72 months and big numbers slapped on hoods.

As of right now the bloom is off the Camaro rose, and only time will tell if the "savior" T4 will rescue it.
thats what they do best is cry.the CRAPMARO looks like crap,and alot of people dont like the way it looks.hey,they should just lift the toilet bowel hood,and just crap in it.:lol::lol::lol::cheers: