Sponsored

May 2015 Mustang Sales

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Looking at all the charts the Challenger just seems like the bastard child of the group. It's not even in the fight.
Sponsored

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Seems like the Camaro for 2015 took a nice jump in sales after the 2016 was revealed? Seems odd to jump up in sales now.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Seems like the Camaro for 2015 took a nice jump in sales after the 2016 was revealed? Seems odd to jump up in sales now.
Could also be the warm weather. Or that they are offering discounts now that the '16 was revealed? It was curious.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This would lead me to believe the people sitting on the fence when the '16 was shown, decided they liked the '15 better and purchased one.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This would lead me to believe the people sitting on the fence when the '16 was shown, decided they liked the '15 better and purchased one.
I believe this is true. I lurked in the Camaro5 forums for 2-3 days after the gen6 reveal and the comments about the gen6 Camaro were nearly unanimous that the gen5 looked better.

I remember when the 6th gen Mustangs were first revealed that some Mustang owners and fans didn't (and still don't) care for the 6th gen Mustangs. However, it was nowhere near as negative as what I read in Camaro5.

The gen6 Camaro should be a great performing car. But, in this market segment, styling sells. I will be shocked if the gen 6 Camaro sells anywhere near as well as the gen 5. Chevrolet has their work cut out for them winning people over to the styling ...

Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
As a "Mustang Guy" I like the Cam6 better than the Cam5. That could mean Cam6 will sell hot. The dashboard and leaner body appeal to me more than the 5 version. Why? I guess it seems more like a Mustang. Some casual observers have confused pictures of Cam6 with the new Mustang. Cam5 derived from the Pontiac G8. I studied that G8 it was a fine sedan. Too bad Pontiac folded. The G8 would have replaced the Crown Vic as the fed/state/county/muni choice of lawmen.

The Cam6 is derived from Cadillac ATS. An outstanding car. I can see influences in Cam6 of Cadillac, of Mustang, of Corvette (455HP engine)and interior, and Cam5. Nothing wrong with any this.

In Mustang all I see is Mustang and like what I see. Even the power plants are built just for Mustang. Cam6 will sell, there are plenty of GM dealers and enthusiasts. In my book the Ford Mustang is the true thoroughbred. It appears to be selling well also.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
And yet it is still quite rare to see one where I live...
I live in NC and I've probably seen 6 in a little over 14 months...
I am in maryland and had mine since nov,maybe have seen four since ive got mine...
I spent two weeks in Virginia during the first half of May. I saw one 2015 Stang while I was there. I literally see at least two a day here in San Antonio. It's gotta be the longer winters up there. More and more will show up on the road there as summer kicks in.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I live in Virginia. I see mine daily. Other than that I see a DIB GT PP , a white V6 and a yellow EB regularly. Say 1 or 2 a day. But still not many. I expect that to change by August.

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
I live in San Diego and can pretty much verify that more than half the 2015 models I see are Ecoboost models. 3/4s of those cars are base rentals though. Since they first started delivering the 2015s, I've seen maybe 10 owned 2015s, and the rest being rentals. You can tell a rental by its plainness and driver side stickers with bar codes on them. These cars are definitely selling as I saw 4 today in downtown San Diego....all being rentals though...

My neighbor bought a 2015 Oxford White Ecoboost Premium with 20" wheels Auto back in November of 2014 and says he loves it.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I'm in the Dallas area and I don't come across them daily but most of them are either a v6 or Eco. There is one TY gt around with a license plate that says "mellow" I see pretty often.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Why only Camaro posted as actual sale, while Ford and Dodge posted as Sale

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
As a "Mustang Guy" I like the Cam6 better than the Cam5. That could mean Cam6 will sell hot. The dashboard and leaner body appeal to me more than the 5 version. Why? I guess it seems more like a Mustang. Some casual observers have confused pictures of Cam6 with the new Mustang. Cam5 derived from the Pontiac G8. I studied that G8 it was a fine sedan. Too bad Pontiac folded. The G8 would have replaced the Crown Vic as the fed/state/county/muni choice of lawmen.

The Cam6 is derived from Cadillac ATS. An outstanding car. I can see influences in Cam6 of Cadillac, of Mustang, of Corvette (455HP engine)and interior, and Cam5. Nothing wrong with any this.

In Mustang all I see is Mustang and like what I see. Even the power plants are built just for Mustang. Cam6 will sell, there are plenty of GM dealers and enthusiasts. In my book the Ford Mustang is the true thoroughbred. It appears to be selling well also.
There is a version of the G8 being sold for the fed/state/LEO's, etc. It's the Chevrolet Caprice, based on the Holden just like the G8 was. Just with an extended chassis. Don't forget the new Chevrolet SS/Commodore VF which is the successor to the G8/Commodore VE. Just a shame GM charges $50k for it.

Also back on topic, glad I could contribute to the May numbers. Love my GT.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I wonder if those numbers are:

1. Dealer purchases (for on the lot to sell)

OR

2. New car registrations (end consumer purchase)

BIG difference.
If the figures are all based on the same data point for each brand it wouldnt matter.
Sponsored