Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I think at this point its clear Ford hit a home run here. I am starting to see them everywhere here in MA after a slow start to spring. I see 2 or 3 a week the last few weeks, which is a lot considering they just launched and most just hit the streets here. I think the Camaro is in trouble as the remake looks almost exactly the same as the current model which is downtrending.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Camaro sakes 9700 so it not that bad.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Camaro sakes 9700 so it not that bad.
It has to be a Fleet dump, there was no spike in the Spring. I'm betting these 2015's were used because the 2016 won't be widely available until next year.

If they hold at 9000 throughout the Summer then yeah, people are buying them again. But if the numbers take another dive in July/August, you can bet it was Fleet. It's still a sell though...

The Mustang has shipped almost 18,000 cars last month between US/Can/EU and UK. There were more sold in North America this month and more shipped to the EU instead of just 2200. UK will get more than 1300 too...

Asia, Australia and New Zealand are coming soon.

They could be well over 20,000 cars a month worldwide.... That is significantly more than the 2005 Mustang which sold 166,000 in the US. The 2015 Mustang could sell handsomely before the 2016 Camaro is in dealerships in December/Janruary.

...that is IF there are zero delays. 2015 Camaro production ends on 20 November 2015.

2017 Mustang upgrades should be released in Jan/Feb/Mar. It could end up being a short party.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
It has to be a Fleet dump, there was no spike in the Spring. I'm betting these 2015's were used because the 2016 won't be widely available until next year.

If they hold at 9000 throughout the Summer then yeah, people are buying them again. But if the numbers take another dive in July/August, you can bet it was Fleet. It's still a sell though...

The Mustang has shipped almost 18,000 cars last month between US/Can/EU and UK. There were more sold in North America this month and more shipped to the EU instead of just 2200. UK will get more than 1300 too...

Asia, Australia and New Zealand are coming soon.

They could be well over 20,000 cars a month worldwide.... That is significantly more than the 2005 Mustang which sold 166,000 in the US. The 2015 Mustang could sell handsomely before the 2016 Camaro is in dealerships in December/Janruary.

...that is IF there are zero delays. 2015 Camaro production ends on 20 November 2015.

2017 Mustang upgrades should be released in Jan/Feb/Mar. It could end up being a short party.

Wow the Camaro model year is really long. Maybe they should think about shortening thier model year to compete with the mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
If the figures are all based on the same data point for each brand it wouldnt matter.
Kinda does, if one brand's dealers are carrying heavy inventory to jack up "sales."

But the "sales" they measure are retail registrations. Real wheels on the street.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Did this numbers includes the EU sales? Because we signed our contracts since January, orders to Ford USA seems to be placed on march and cars built on June.

And we haven't received them yet! Many of our Mustangs are still waiting at the Baltimore dock.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Did this numbers includes the EU sales? Because we signed our contracts since January, orders to Ford USA seems to be placed on march and cars built on June.

And we haven't received them yet! Many of our Mustangs are still waiting at the Baltimore dock.
Nope. These are only US sales.

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

The numbers quoted for sales in a particular month are not tracking 'orders.' The sales figures are the number of vehicles that exit the back gate of the plant from the 1st through the end of the month. Many of these may be orders for dealer stock that go off to be sold off the lot in the following months.

This is actually not well known and even the 'analysts' like to say 'well, we had 3 fewer sales days this month versus last year so if we adjust for that and the weather it looks like we did in fact sell more this month compared to a year ago.' Lack of understanding leading up to hogwash.

How do I know this to be true? Ford gets paid for a vehicle when it exits that gate into the hands of the shipping company. The dealer has to secure financing for the vehicle and the money transfers hands when that gate opens and the VIN is scanned. Ford no longer cares if that car is sold, going to a dealer, a rental car facility, or a retrofitter like Roush or Saleen. Boom, another car out the gate is another car sold.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The numbers quoted for sales in a particular month are not tracking 'orders.' The sales figures are the number of vehicles that exit the back gate of the plant from the 1st through the end of the month. Many of these may be orders for dealer stock that go off to be sold off the lot in the following months.

This is actually not well known and even the 'analysts' like to say 'well, we had 3 fewer sales days this month versus last year so if we adjust for that and the weather it looks like we did in fact sell more this month compared to a year ago.' Lack of understanding leading up to hogwash.

How do I know this to be true? Ford gets paid for a vehicle when it exits that gate into the hands of the shipping company. The dealer has to secure financing for the vehicle and the money transfers hands when that gate opens and the VIN is scanned. Ford no longer cares if that car is sold, going to a dealer, a rental car facility, or a retrofitter like Roush or Saleen. Boom, another car out the gate is another car sold.
This^

It was always assumed at Camaro5 that a sale was at customer level. It is somewhat sales based as replacement orders are submitted or, special orders.

A sales doesn't happen at the handshake...

I think June sales are going to break the 14,000-15,000 US barrier. I guess they don't sit very long...
Sponsored