Sponsored

May 2018 Mustang Sales

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Please understand reading C6 hurts the brain. Even basic functions becomes a struggle.
Did you see where TorqueAddict is now introducing a new way of discrediting things they don't like?

If you don't have the exact same mods, and I do mean the EXACT SAME (IE same brand headers, etc)..then you can't compare cars.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you notice most of the die hard shit talkers have faded back into the shadows. Reality is starting to set in for most over there. Magazines are going faster then any logged camaro time. And so will the private sector. I mean look how fast ecobeast has got his car in a very short time. The dude would probably be in the 10s if he strip the interior.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Did you see where TorqueAddict is now introducing a new way of discrediting things they don't like?

If you don't have the exact same mods, and I do mean the EXACT SAME (IE same brand headers, etc)..then you can't compare cars.
Pretty soon you will need the same gas, same air, same amount of gravity, etc :lol:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty soon you will need the same gas, same air, same amount of gravity, etc :lol:
Don't forget the blinker fluid everyone has to have the same brand blinker fluid. :lol:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad the 2018's sales are strong, but I am a little concerned about some of the major issues they've had with some engines, and both the MT82 and the Automatic transmissions. That's why I will never buy the first year of a new model or refresh.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I'm glad the 2018's sales are strong, but I am a little concerned about some of the major issues they've had with some engines, and both the MT82 and the Automatic transmissions. That's why I will never buy the first year of a new model or refresh.
There have only been a few confirmed engine failures. Much of the engine paranoia is probably linked to the noise from the direct injection fuel system.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think it looks as good or better myself. I don't the constant complaints with every front end rework. Ford has always made updates to the exterior of the Mustang every 2-3 years to keep the car fresh, and they always will. Complaining about the changes is like complaining about the rain. Changing the outside, places value on the old style and brings in owners that want the latest. People were saying exactly the same thing about the 2015 redesign, it's inevitable and I am glad Ford ignores it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I think it looks as good or better myself. I don't the constant complaints with every front end rework. Ford has always made updates to the exterior of the Mustang every 2-3 years to keep the car fresh, and they always will. Complaining about the changes is like complaining about the rain. Changing the outside, places value on the old style and brings in owners that want the latest. People were saying exactly the same thing about the 2015 redesign, it's inevitable and I am glad Ford ignores it.
It's actually usually closer to every 6 years, i.e. 6 years for the foxbody, 6 years for the Sn95, 6 years for the new edge etc. This 3 year major body change is more of an anomaly for Ford. I expect it going forward to continue, as technology allows for a much shorty design cycle than the past.

And no matter how much I wan't to like the My18 changes...it just doesn't agree with me. All they had to do was closer mimic the GT350 and it wouldn't even be a discussion.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There are things I like and don't like about both the '15-'17 and the '18 fronts, but when factoring everything changed from the firewall forward, I find the '18 to be a net improvement.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Lot being said about front end design. I see the ‘15-’17 Mustang front end as like the Shelby 500 front end on the 2005-2009 S197s. I think one of the best Mustang front ends ever. The extra 1 inch of radiator height is good for hot wx driving also. The 2018 Mustang is sleek slimmer and IMO looks great. It is important that something identify the direct injection and higher performance engineering in the two Mustang power plants for ‘18. Buy an '18, you are getting something more than before.

Visited C6G to see if there was rumor of Camaro sales performance. The majority of the talk there is also Camaro 2019 front end. BTW plenty of knocks on the 2018 Mustang front end. I copy a 2019 Camaro front end from C6G. To each their own. Frankly, I don't see where C6G fans have room to knock the '18 Mustang. It is a well thought out design change that suits the image of the Mustang badge. The ‘19 Camaro; any one think “well thought out”?
Capture1.JPG

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lot being said about front end design. I see the ‘15-’17 Mustang front end as like the Shelby 500 front end on the 2005-2009 S197s. I think one of the best Mustang front ends ever. The extra 1 inch of radiator height is good for hot wx driving also. The 2018 Mustang is sleek slimmer and IMO looks great. It is important that something identify the direct injection and higher performance engineering in the two Mustang power plants for ‘18. Buy an '18, you are getting something more than before.

Visited C6G to see if there was rumor of Camaro sales performance. The majority of the talk there is also Camaro 2019 front end. BTW plenty of knocks on the 2018 Mustang front end. I copy a 2019 Camaro front end from C6G. To each their own. Frankly, I don't see where C6G fans have room to knock the '18 Mustang. It is a well thought out design change that suits the image of the Mustang badge. The ‘19 Camaro; any one think “well thought out”?
I like the 2018 Mustang front-end and the refresh. The camaro refresh looks like its ready for the next transformer movie. Or just maybe the gm top brass is trying to kill off camaro and making a bad design look even worse is their way of doing it.;)

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I like the 2018 Mustang front-end and the refresh. The camaro refresh looks like its ready for the next transformer movie. Or just maybe the gm top brass is trying to kill off camaro and making a bad design look even worse is their way of doing it.;)

They can't even claim that anymore. The new transformers movie "Bumblebee" uses a VW Beetle as the new face of the character.
[ame]

Anyways, nice sales numbers but I'm waiting until the next platform and for Ford to take some weight out of the car.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They can't even claim that anymore. The new transformers movie "Bumblebee" uses a VW Beetle as the new face of the character.

Anyways, nice sales numbers but I'm waiting until the next platform and for Ford to take some weight out of the car.
Somebody better tell the GM design staff they missed the inter office memo

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Pretty sure the Transformers movies have run its course. Just like the tired Camaro styling from 2010. Great looking car in 2010. But every time GM has tweeked the looks since then. They've just made it worse.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the Transformers movies have run its course. Just like the tired Camaro styling from 2010. Great looking car in 2010. But every time GM has tweeked the looks since then. They've just made it worse.
:amen:
Sponsored