Sponsored

January 2016 Mustang Sales

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yep they were totally turbos to American Muscle now. But Vin was always about American...really went to them in 5-7.
Vin/Dom did have the RX7 with the Veilside kit..but that kind of got overshadowed by the Charger lol.
Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Back in the day getting all those exotic and custom cars for some low budget movie would have been impossible. Getting a bunch of rice and ricer extras was cheap and easy. Its kinda like when Gran Turismo 1 came out. They couldn't use some cars cause they couldn't afford the licensing. And the success helped to introduced and create a market for some Japanese cars we didn't get in the past. Now auto makers pay to get there cars in stuff like Transformers and such. And any custom hot rod maker would be glad to loan a car to the multi million dollar F&F franchise so the cars are way better now.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Unless you have 850 credit, I don't think you'll be getting 0% APR anytime soon.
I got 0% for 72 months on my nicely loaded 15 GT back in October I believe it was... The gentlemen behind the desk was surprised at my credit rating considering how young I looked - said I had a 798.

While I know everyone won't qualify, the criteria to get the 0% for 72 months seems fair.

EDIT: I haven't read this entire thread, or others like it... Is this worldwide sale figures (I doubt it) or just here in the states?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
There are plenty of 16 camaros in my area (15-28 2016 per dealer, only 1 dealer got 5 2016) so next month if chevy not picking up sales they should be scratching there head.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
There are plenty of 16 camaros in my area (15-28 2016 per dealer, only 1 dealer got 5 2016) so next month if chevy not picking up sales they should be scratching there head.
There are 349 2016 Camaros within 500 miles of my house on Cars and 706 2016 Mustangs. Considering Mustang has been out for 6 months and Camaro for 2, that seems about right.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'd honestly be surprised if the Camaro wins this time...

The dimensions just seem funky to me... Love the front of the car, but the rear really seems sloppy and lazy to me. Interior is definitely a step up but has too much going on for my taste also.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
There are 349 2016 Camaros within 500 miles of my house on Cars and 706 2016 Mustangs. Considering Mustang has been out for 6 months and Camaro for 2, that seems about right.
the availability of 2016 camaro are there and plenty of LT going for $28k affordability also there.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Is anybody surprised the new Camaro isn't selling well? It looks like a refresh of a 5 year old design. I was a member of the jersey Camaro club and about 99% of the south jersey members say the same thing. I'm not trading my 5th gen for a car that looks exactly the same. And my car is paid off. They all point out that the new car will perform better but not so much better to warrant a new car payment on a 50 grand car.

Sponsored

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Is anybody surprised the new Camaro isn't selling well? It looks like a refresh of a 5 year old design. I was a member of the jersey Camaro club and about 99% of the south jersey members say the same thing. I'm not trading my 5th gen for a car that looks exactly the same. And my car is paid off. They all point out that the new car will perform better but not so much better to warrant a new car payment on a 50 grand car.
It is very possible that when development started on the 6th gen. Camaro, the fifth gen. was still selling like hotcakes. People were still fawning over the design.

When Chevy engineers asked people what they wanted to see changed on the 6th gen., they probably said "Don't mess too much with the styling".

Looks like lightning did not strike twice due to the (supposed) tepid response to the new car's styling at the Belle Isle reveal.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
It is very possible that when development started on the 6th gen. Camaro, the fifth gen. was still selling like hotcakes. People were still fawning over the design.

When Chevy engineers asked people what they wanted to see changed on the 6th gen., they probably said "Don't mess too much with the styling".

Looks like lightning did not strike twice due to the (supposed) tepid response to the new car's styling at the Belle Isle reveal.
That's what happen when they listen to their little camaro group and not the general public which are a larger market. Ford made the changes just right, not too hard not too soft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Camaro release 7g with in the next 5 years, while Mustang still on it s550 platform with minor changes.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
That's what happen when they listen to their little camaro group and not the general public which are a larger market. Ford made the changes just right, not too hard not too soft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Camaro release 7g with in the next 5 years, while Mustang still on it s550 platform with minor changes.
I agree. If sales are negatively impacted by this gen. Camaro, you can bet we will see the 7th. gen. sooner than later.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Even though the Challenger does not have a fresh design , I would not be surprised to see it outsell the Camaro during some months. The Hellcat has made people stand up and notice the Challenger. The Challenger has a nice clean design that looks really nice with numerous exterior graphic packages available. Heck, if I had my 2014 GT 500 paid off I would buy a Hellcat even if the body design was ten years old ! An old design may look fresh to a first time buyer.