Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
I remember that guy from my Camaro5 days. All he wanted to do was talk Ring times back then. He's one of those dudes, his car will never see any kind of track. So he quotes magazine times. Stock VS stock is the only thing that matters to the magazine racers. I'm not stock. Come get some!:DI'm willing to bet in his sig he has window tint and stripes for mods.
Had to check and see if you was correct. :lol:
Screenshot_2016-06-05-15-35-42.jpg
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Hes not the most intelligent person. Next hes going to put weather tech mats in his sig. What that jackass forgets is not everyone wants to stop at the new camaros level of performance which isnt an impressive level either.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This isn't a hard concept.

First, people comparing stock numbers are magazine racers and stoplight queens racing cars off the light on city streets like a reckless dumbass. Enjoy that lame-os

ANYONE serious about times is not running a stock car so performance stock means zip. Are you willing to pay $4-5,000 more for 20 more hp? Anyone here could show you how to get that for about 10% of that cost

So unless you are REALLY dead set on the Camaro looks, paying that much more for a V8 makes zero sense. It is not THAT much faster/better performance to justify the amount of price increase. If it was $500-1,000 more? Sure much stronger argument it's worth the extra cost. 5 grand? No way.

The Ecoboost is a better performer overall than their V6 for less $. Their turbo is a weak 275hp and more expensive than a V6 Mustang. More expensive across the board.

And the sales numbers are backing up what I said when the 6G Camaro came out, it's too expensive and itll hurt sales. The Camaro fanbois came and said buh buh we gotz you beatz in numberz people will pay for that. Evidently per the other 999 out of 1,000 normal drivers. People like to only see their own use as the majority use of the car and forget about the general public who make up the other 99% of sales

Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
What effect does the financing factor have on sales overall ? Ford's mantra has been to put a Ford in everyone's garage since day one. I've seen people that couldn't afford saltine crackers get approved by Ford Motor Credit. Does GM chase people as aggressively ?

My best friend sells cars for a living, and has told me the hardest part of selling cars is getting people approved for credit. He works for a GM dealer...........

BTW, I also agree that the S550 is the best looking new muscle car on the road.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
This isn't a hard concept.

First, people comparing stock numbers are magazine racers and stoplight queens racing cars off the light on city streets like a reckless dumbass. Enjoy that lame-os

ANYONE serious about times is not running a stock car so performance stock means zip. Are you willing to pay $4-5,000 more for 20 more hp? Anyone here could show you how to get that for about 10% of that cost

So unless you are REALLY dead set on the Camaro looks, paying that much more for a V8 makes zero sense. It is not THAT much faster/better performance to justify the amount of price increase. If it was $500-1,000 more? Sure much stronger argument it's worth the extra cost. 5 grand? No way.

The Ecoboost is a better performer overall than their V6 for less $. Their turbo is a weak 275hp and more expensive than a V6 Mustang. More expensive across the board.

And the sales numbers are backing up what I said when the 6G Camaro came out, it's too expensive and itll hurt sales. The Camaro fanbois came and said buh buh we gotz you beatz in numberz people will pay for that. Evidently per the other 999 out of 1,000 normal drivers. People like to only see their own use as the majority use of the car and forget about the general public who make up the other 99% of sales

Well.. just raced co-worker Stock SS M6 with my stock 5.0 and got beat by 5-7 cars. Did a 40 roll and from a dig. We did the roll a few times and the dig x2. Mine is an auto btw.. after the beating I got, my friend shook my hand and said that my Stang is still a badass car regardless.

My Co-workers SS dyno'd at 410/412 STOCK.. which means at 15% drive train loss, the SS is putting 482 hp and 484 torque. I'll get the dyno pics from him when I see him. So the SS is actually about 60-70lbs more torque and 30-40 more HP while weighing about ~100 lbs less.

Look man, I LOVE the 5.0 and even if I lost by 10 cars, I would still buy my 5.0 over the SS.. but to say they only have a few more HP's is being a fanboy or just ignorant. As a car enthusiast's perception, GM really outdone the 5.0 in performance and Ford outdone the 6th Gen in sales. Period.

If you're gonna base fact, base REAL FACTS because you look like an total idiot. My co-worker is super cool and likes Mustangs as well and it's people like you that spews ignorance.

You brought up 20 HP but didn't bring up the torque and the weight advantage. I hated Camaros and can care less about them. But when I drove his 6th Gen SS, that shit was f*cking lights out. And now I totally respect them.

I used to be just like you guys and talk mad about the Camaros lol.. but until you actually drive a 6th Gen, don't spill ignorance. Most of us have never driven a 6th Gen so I get it.. but come, we're not 20 year old kids here. If you're gonna argue, make a point.. make sure you have your ducks in a row.

I had an EB Mustang, tuned it, etc and I'm just too old to mod around. Traded her in for the 5.0 and I love the 5.0's til the day I die and will always love the 5.0's.

I just keep it real.

Last edited:

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
Well.. just raced co-worker Stock SS M6 with my stock 5.0 and got beat by 5-7 cars. Did a 40 roll and from a dig. We did the roll a few times and the dig x2. Mine is an auto btw.. after the beating I got, my friend shook my hand and said that my Stang is still a badass car regardless.

My Co-workers SS dyno'd at 410/412 STOCK.. which means at 15% drive train loss, the SS is putting 482 hp and 484 torque. I'll get the dyno pics from him when I see him. So the SS is actually about 60-70lbs more torque and 30-40 more HP while weighing about ~100 lbs less.

Look man, I LOVE the 5.0 and even if I lost by 10 cars, I would still buy my 5.0 over the SS.. but to say they only have a few more HP's is being a fanboy or just ignorant. As a car enthusiast's perception, GM really outdone the 5.0 in performance and Ford outdone the 6th Gen in sales. Period.

If you're gonna base fact, base REAL FACTS because you look like an total idiot. My co-worker is super cool and likes Mustangs as well and it's people like you that spews ignorance.

You brought up 20 HP but didn't bring up the torque and the weight advantage. I hated Camaros and can care less about them. But when I drove his 6th Gen SS, that shit was f*cking lights out. And now I totally respect them.

I used to be just like you guys and talk mad about the Camaros lol.. but until you actually drive a 6th Gen, don't spill ignorance. Most of us have never driven a 6th Gen so I get it.. but come, we're not 20 year old kids here. If you're gonna argue, make a point.. make sure you have your ducks in a row.

I had an EB Mustang, tuned it, etc and I'm just too old to mod around. Traded her in for the 5.0 and I love the 5.0's til the day I die and will always love the 5.0's.

I just keep it real.
I owned both a z/28 and a ZL1 of the 5thGen Camaro variety, so I am no fanboy when it comes to performance cars. I have also driven a 6thGen SS, so I feel more than qualified to discuss topics related the modern Camaro. I don't think anyone is in disagreement that, in stock form, the 6thGen Camaro offers better performance the the 6thGen Mustang. What is being debated is why the 6thGen Mustang is selling like hotcakes offering less performance while the Camaro languishes in mediocre sales.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
I owned both a z/28 and a ZL1 of the 5thGen Camaro variety, so I am no fanboy when it comes to performance cars. I have also driven a 6thGen SS, so I feel more than qualified to discuss topics related the modern Camaro. I don't think anyone is in disagreement that, in stock form, the 6thGen Camaro offers better performance the the 6thGen Mustang. What is being debated is why the 6thGen Mustang is selling like hotcakes offering less performance while the Camaro languishes in mediocre sales.
I got you, but when someone write

"ANYONE serious about times is not running a stock car so performance stock means zip. Are you willing to pay $4-5,000 more for 20 more hp? Anyone here could show you how to get that for about 10% of that cost "

I mean really??! If you're gonna bring facts, don't do a half ass job doing it.

Yes, Ford is kicking ass in sales and it makes me super happy!! But I do understand that the price increase for the 6th Gen has a lot to do with it. 97% of shoppers just want a good looking car for the cheapest price.

With that said, GM really went performance oriented for the 6th Gen and hiking up with price was def. a risk. Gotta give them props for doing it though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I got you, but when someone write

"ANYONE serious about times is not running a stock car so performance stock means zip. Are you willing to pay $4-5,000 more for 20 more hp? Anyone here could show you how to get that for about 10% of that cost "

I mean really??! If you're gonna bring facts, don't do a half ass job doing it.

Yes, Ford is kicking ass in sales and it makes me super happy!! But I do understand that the price increase for the 6th Gen has a lot to do with it. 97% of shoppers just want a good looking car for the cheapest price.

With that said, GM really went performance oriented for the 6th Gen and hiking up with price was def. a risk. Gotta give them props for doing it though.
What's half assed? People mod their cars. Maybe you don't. But I did 3 grand worth of mods to my 5.0 and don't worry about stock Camaros. Even with those mods. I have less invested than a stock SS! Maybe you need to get your facts straight.

Sponsored

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
No, I don't. GM is reaping what they sewed by NOT taking a risk. They pretty much carried over the 5thGen styling that had already become stale by the time the last of the 2015's rolled of the line. That, coupled with the slightly higher pricing as compared to the 5thGen equivalent, is likely why they are not selling. So few people buying these cars give two flips about the performance gap. That is reserved for the enthusiasts.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
No, I don't. GM is reaping what they sewed by NOT taking a risk. They pretty much carried over the 5thGen styling that had already become stale by the time the last of the 2015's rolled of the line. That, coupled with the slightly higher pricing as compared to the 5thGen equivalent, is likely why they are not selling. So few people buying these cars give two flips about the performance gap. That is reserved for the enthusiasts.
Well did you not see the interior? The interior of the 5th Gen is HIDEOUS!! They changed the engine, chasis, the whole interior and you can't justify the price change?

Sure the tail lights look similar but the front changed. Most refreshes don't change much IE, GTR, Nissan Z's, G35, Camry's, etc, etc.

The mustang did a great job with the exterior/interior and the price is good especially with all the incentives. That is why most people are buying the Mustangs.

GM is feeling the wrath of being perfomance oriented like the Vetts, GTR's, ect.. they don't see well because it's for the the enthuisast.. I like that approach!

Then again, if I was Ford there wouldn't be not Ecoboost and barely V6's because the Mustang is a V8 icon that should be fast and rumbles.

I don't care about the cheap price and economy, daily driving aspects.. if users want to go that route, buy a Camry.

But I get your point though so it's cool.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
LOL last year you were asking how to mod a 4 banger EB. This year your all grown up. Bought yourself a GT and don't mod anymore.
Yes, I TOTALLY LEARNED MY LESSON. Traded her in and I can't be any happier with my GT.

I love my GT and can care less if Camaro's, Scatpacks can beat me. Who gives a crap, I don't live at the tracks.

I will keep my GT stock because to me, it's fast enough. I got nothing against you, I just like to keep it real that's all.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
All - Keep the debate civil and enough with the insults. Any further violations will be deleted and you will receive a personal warning before your account is suspended.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
All - Keep the debate civil and enough with the insults. Any further violations will be deleted and you will receive a personal warning before your account is suspended.
Understood, sorry for the slight insults. It won't happen again.
Sponsored