Sponsored

May 2018 Mustang Sales

dst3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sergio didn't have an update on the fate of Dodge in his recent 5 year plan synopsis. He mainly talked about Jeep, Ram, Alpha and Maserati.

From Automotive News:

"Among its product plans, the company focused on four brands: Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo and Maserati, saying it would electrify much of its lineup, offering new battery electrics, and move into new segments with new vehicles like a midsize Ram pickup, a three-row Grand Cherokee, and a Maserati midsize crossover.

However, the long-term fates of mass-market brands Dodge, Fiat and Chrysler remained unresolved, with no specific product presentations offered. A company spokeswoman said Thursday that those brands would not be fully eliminated".

Remember when Sergio said that FCA would find another automaker to make the 200 and Dodge Dart? Remember when he said the next gen. Charger and Challenger will move to an updated Alpha Romeo platform? Looks like those plans are dead in the water.
According to rumors and ā€œinsider talkā€, FCA was supposed to refresh the Challenger for 2019 on the Alfa Giorgio platform (same platform the Giulia is built on). The latest rumor from a couple months back is that the refresh was pushed to 2021 on a Maserati platform, I think from the Ghibli.

I was holding out for the new Challenger but gave up and just bought the best muscle car on the market instead. My wife has a 2013 GT she bought new and now I have an 18 and love it (April sale). :D
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
GM will report quarterly sales at the end of June (2nd qtr.). They switched to quarterly reporting after the March sales figures were released.
I bet Camaro6 is glad that they don't have to report the bad news every month.
Four times a year is a huge improvement.
I'm betting when camaros 4 month numbers are compared to Mustangs 4 month numbers gm's going to be extremely embarrassed. Can you say final nail in camaros coffin.

Mustang 2
Camaro 0

Rust In Pieces camaro :lol:

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
No wonder Chrysler selling so many...my buddy just leased a hellcat 3900 down 570 a month...for a 72k car...

Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta tip your hat to the Dodge boys.
Yup, Dodge definitely got there money's worth out of them 2 cars. For not doing a complete over haul on them yet they have done a good job keeping up the buzz! I think ford has done the same with the s550 so far as well. There really stringing us along with the GT 500. Im not sure what the deal is with the camaro. Personally I'd take one of each!:headbang:

Sponsored

dst3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yup, Dodge definitely got there money's worth out of them 2 cars. For not doing a complete over haul on them yet they have done a good job keeping up the buzz! I think ford has done the same with the s550 so far as well. There really stringing us along with the GT 500. Im not sure what the deal is with the camaro. Personally I'd take one of each!:headbang:
Yeah, it's crazy that the LX platform debuted in 2005 with the Charger and the Challenger has been around since 2008. All kinds of Mercedes suspension parts were thrown in and they've been milking the shit out of it since. You'd think they'd be cheaper by now since the R&D costs for most of the systems were probably covered long ago. I guess they can keep them priced up in the market if people will still buy an old platform. Maybe Vin Diesel is helping them sell...

As for GM and the Camaro, I'm super disappointed in the new styling. The 1500 Silverado looks like crap too. I guess their design philosophy is called "Transformer". :D

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I'm one of the May sales - picked up my EBPP last Saturday after hunting for a few months. I've been in the market for a new car since January or so, and as a life-long Mopar guy was also considering the Alfa Giulia or a Charger. Someday, I'll own an Alfa, but I just have no feel for how reliability is going to work out at this point. I don't think it's as bad as the reputation, but didn't want to risk it with my daily driver. The Charger made more sense than the Challenger since I'm still toting boys to school, but it is just so big...

The Mustang is a pretty big car compared to my old DD - a 2008 Honda Fit, but I'm learning to adapt to the better suspension and the 200 additional HP pretty quickly. So far, this car is a real treat.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Guessing mine was in this count buying Monday the 28th. Got a Lightning Blue instead of the Ruby Red, still just as happy. :)

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Strong numbers for those two.....
I don't know if its just because I'm thinking of getting a challenger or not, but it seems like I see a lot more of them lately. It used to be I'd see a lot of mustangs on my 35 mile commute to work. Now I estimate roughly 6-8 Challengers to maybe 1 or 2 Mustangs. As for Camaro, maybe 1 every other day ha. Funny there is a GM plant in my town and I still see more of the other two. I guess there is a Chrysler plant 15 or 20 miles from my work, while Ford is up another hour or so.
Sponsored