OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
BTW, is there a way to open the FOBs without breaking a thumbnail?
If you depress the release tab all the way back, all you have to do is just get a fingernail started in the seam between the halves and it should clam shell right open.
Sponsored

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
If you depress the release tab all the way back, all you have to do is just get a fingernail started in the seam between the halves and it should clam shell right open.
finally got it open for the first time.. thanks.

which key goes in here exactly?

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
ditto here 2 blades plus the valet key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, yea we know that, it means I'm in between surfing for mods. 2015 DIB 50 year GT PP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Sponsored

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
It's not a Valet key. The black blade key should have had some tags with it. It's so that if you ever lose your keys or need new ones made up they can use that key to make you a new door key. You can only open the doors with that key and lock/unlock the glovebox. It cannot be used to start the car. You should keep the tags that the key came with in a safe location, preferably with your title. Right now any mustang fob can be programmed to work with your car (doesn't have to be keyed while being made.) however the door keys require that black to make a new key with.

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
It's not a Valet key. The black blade key should have had some tags with it. It's so that if you ever lose your keys or need new ones made up they can use that key to make you a new door key. You can only open the doors with that key and lock/unlock the glovebox. It cannot be used to start the car. You should keep the tags that the key came with in a safe location, preferably with your title. Right now any mustang fob can be programmed to work with your car (doesn't have to be keyed while being made.) however the door keys require that black to make a new key with.

Hmmm...I didn't get any tags with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm...I didn't get any tags with mine.
Yeah, there should have been a tag with a key code number on it. The owner's manual mentions this tag. I think the blade key can be made knowing the key code, or as mentioned above can be duplicated with the other full sized key that looks like the blade key.

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
Yeah, there should have been a tag with a key code number on it. The owner's manual mentions this tag. I think the blade key can be made knowing the key code, or as mentioned above can be duplicated with the other full sized key that looks like the blade key.

Well here's hoping I don't manage to lose two key fobs and three blade keys...I think I'll probably manage ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
this tag... are you talking about that tiny sticker with a QR barcode on it and some numbers that was on both keyfobs?

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this tag... are you talking about that tiny sticker with a QR barcode on it and some numbers that was on both keyfobs?
No, there should have been a white tag about 1" square on the keyring on one of the FOBs

I saw that little sticker label (3/8" square) you are talking about on on each of my FOBs, but I don't think that is your key code per what the owner's manual says. The OM says nothing about the tiny sticker label on the FOB.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Checked - two keys inside the FOBs, plus the other key.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I have to say, there is a lot of stuff not in the owner's manual on this car.
TRUE THAT. :frusty: And whatever info you do find can be very vague.
For a fat manual, it isn't very detailed. I think they throw the same one in all Fords.

Thank you for the fob/key heads-up. Would be interested in knowing where the "missing" blade keys end up. :shrug:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Out of curiosity, I tried to get my iphone's Scan app to read that QR barcode.

It was just not gonna happen. :shrug:
Sponsored