Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'll have to check for the blades....I got two fobs and one valet key on a ring when I picked up the car. The assumption is that each fob has its own blade.
Sponsored

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
For mine, one came inside the key. On the other set the key is a separate small key on the same keyring.
Same here, one inside the FOB, key on a keyring attached to the 2nd FOB :headbang:

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ So it sounds like a mixed bag ... some guys have a blade key inside each FOB, while others have a blade key only in one of the FOBs.

I wonder if Ford changed that along the line during production? I'm assuming these blade keys already come inside the FOBs when the car shows up at the dealership, or does the dealership need to put the blade keys inside the FOBs

At any rate, I'm going to make my dealer give me a 2nd blade key for the one I'm missing.

Same here, one inside the FOB, key on a keyring attached to the 2nd FOB :headbang:
Did you open up both FOBs to verify only 1 FOB had a blade key inside?

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
Thank you for this...my dealer gave me the blade keys and the valet key loose with my two fobs and ever since I've been like "what the F&$K am I supposed to do with this thing". Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
^^^ So it sounds like a mixed bag ... some guys have a blade key inside each FOB, while others have a blade key only in one of the FOBs.

I wonder if Ford changed that along the line during production? I'm assuming these blade keys already come inside the FOBs when the car shows up at the dealership, or does the dealership need to put the blade keys inside the FOBs

At any rate, I'm going to make my dealer give me a 2nd blade key for the one I'm missing.

Did you open up both FOBs to verify only 1 FOB had a blade key inside?
The fobs DO NOT come to the dealer with the blades inside them. When I got my car at the dealer, I was given two fobs, and one ring -- on the ring were the valet key and two blade keys, which I then had to put in the fobs myself.

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Thank you for this...my dealer gave me the blade keys and the valet key loose with my two fobs and ever since I've been like "what the F&$K am I supposed to do with this thing". Lol.

I just realized what that key was for when this thread came up! I thought it was the glove box key! :headbonk:

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fobs DO NOT come to the dealer with the blades inside them. When I got my car at the dealer, I was given two fobs, and one ring -- on the ring were the valet key and two blade keys, which I then had to put in the fobs myself.
Good to know ... no wonder some guys got both blade keys and others didn't. Maybe the setup guys at some dealerships are collecting 1 of the 2 blade keys so they can just go open up Mustangs around the area.

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow

I've been carrying mine around in my wallet...boy do I feel stupid...lol

Sponsored

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
a blade key in each FOB and another one separately. I thought the separate one was only for the glove box if you already have a working FOB.

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a blade key in each FOB and another one separately.
When you say "another one separately", do you mean the valet key that look like a regular key? I'm not so sure that really is a "valet" key ... there is nothing said about it in the owner's manual. I have to say, there is a lot of stuff not in the owner's manual on this car.

Maybe that "valet" key is basically just a blade key that you can carry on the FOB key ring. I don't think it does anything different than a blade key inside the FOB. :shrug:

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
When you say "another one separately", do you mean the valet key that look like a regular key? I'm not so sure that really is a "valet" key ... there is nothing said about it in the owner's manual. I have to say, there is a lot of stuff not in the owner's manual on this car.

Maybe that "valet" key is basically just a blade key that you can carry on the FOB key ring. I don't think it does anything different than a blade key inside the FOB. :shrug:

I have 2 FOB's with a blade in each one. The other key is the glove compartment key. I don't think there is a 'valet' key and if valet key means something you give to the valet to park your car it ain't gonna work.
Also yes, nothing in the manual about a valet key (or even the glove box key for that matter) that I could find .

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible

another one separately is the "valet key" others are talking about, it's the key chainable version of the blade key inside the FOB's.

BTW, is there a way to open the FOBs without breaking a thumbnail?

These blade keys are meant as backups to open/lock the doors and open the trunk if needed in case the FOB doesn't work. It's required for the glove box

See pages 46 and 58 of the owner's manual
Sponsored