key fob inside the car?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
ive read about the stories in here regarding accidentally locking keys inside the car.

my wife's last two nissans has had this feature and i'm used to never taking the keyfob out of my pocket and use the start button and lock/unlock door handle buttons like you should.

i have also never worried about handing the keys to the valet for servicing the nissans, or leaving the key inside for the car wash person.

but now every time i need to do that with my car, i bring my spare keyfob, thanks to these nightmare stories.
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I took my car to the car wash yesterday for the first time, dropped it with the vacuum folks, and went inside to pay. While paying I realized that I still had the key fob in my pocket. I rushed back out to give it to them, but my car had already been moved into the wash. Apparently, if the car is already started, it is possible to drive it without the fob being in the car...

OP
OP
berserker_sid

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I took my car to the car wash yesterday for the first time, dropped it with the vacuum folks, and went inside to pay. While paying I realized that I still had the key fob in my pocket. I rushed back out to give it to them, but my car had already been moved into the wash. Apparently, if the car is already started, it is possible to drive it without the fob being in the car...
NOpe... if car is started it will remain start...but noone can drive it will raise alarm if it does not detect key in the car...plus car shuts down in 10 minutes ...

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It's too bad it doesn't have the keypad in the door like so many other vehicles. On our explorer, we use the door handle lock button often to lock the keys in the car on purpose. It's never a concern because the keypad on the door is right there to get back into the car. It is very handy if you know the car is going to be secure enough that it won't be broken into and you don't want to risk taking the key fob with you for fear of loosing or damaging it (because if you loose or damage it, bring your wallet to replace)

OP
OP
berserker_sid

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Oh my Lord... Guys please consider very seriously what i am writing and think about it.

1. Are you buying a luxury car or sports car.

2. In money range of 30k-40k u want a sports car with all the luxuries( have u guys lost it)

3. If someone wants luxury and sorts of security sell of mustang and by a quattro audi a4 for 41k and be happy.

I don't get it. Many people (not all) keep on crying for luxury features... and don't get single point.. it IS A FREAKING SPORTS CAR NOT FOR GOD"S SAKE A LUXURY.

Sponsored

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Is there any way to disable the the locks/alarm systems when I take it for a full service car wash or valet service at a hotel? Most importantly, I'd like to disable getting in the trunk at hotel valet service.

Jim

OP
OP
berserker_sid

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Is there any way to disable the the locks/alarm systems when I take it for a full service car wash or valet service at a hotel? Most importantly, I'd like to disable getting in the trunk at hotel valet service.

Jim
i guess u can program the my key and do all that

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I really hate having a keyless ignition. I just like taking the key out, KNOWING that it's in my hand and in my pocket, and knowing that the engine is off. The EcoBoost engine is so quiet at idle that I can't always tell that the ignition is off since the stereo keeps playing. On a few occasions, this has led to me letting my foot off the clutch, thinking the ignition was off, when in fact it was still running, and the car lurched forward (luckily not hitting anything). If they had a keyless ignition delete option, I would gladly take it.
?? If you push the start/stop button while running, the engine will turn off. If you can't remember if you pushed the button, just look at the tach. If it is at 0, the engine is off.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm paranoid but I still have to hit lock on my fob when I exit and see confirmation with the flashing lights or horn beep. Touching on top of the handle just doesn't give me any positive feedback the car is locked and alarm is on....tried to find a way to set up feedback in settings to no avail....
I do the same thing... I like to hear the horn beep, otherwise I think the alarm is not on...
does the alarm arm when you touch the top of the handle?

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
You can actually unlock, start, stop, and lock the car without ever taking the fob out of your pocket, so it should never get lost! The inside of the door handle will sense your hand to unlock, and touching the top of the handle after exit will lock it.
jm5b6.jpg

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
NOpe... if car is started it will remain start...but noone can drive it will raise alarm if it does not detect key in the car...plus car shuts down in 10 minutes ...

They can drive it, and they did. Granted, not far, but they were able to put it in drive, move it 40 feet, put it in neutral, and it kept running while it was getting a bath. All the while the key fob was in my pocket well away from the car. An alarm did not sound (I do not have the security package). I do not know how long it would run, because they shut it down as soon as it was out front for the detailing.

OP
OP
berserker_sid

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
They can drive it, and they did. Granted, not far, but they were able to put it in drive, move it 40 feet, put it in neutral, and it kept running while it was getting a bath. All the while the key fob was in my pocket well away from the car. An alarm did not sound (I do not have the security package). I do not know how long it would run, because they shut it down as soon as it was out front for the detailing.
i don know.... guys,. in mine as soon as it doesn detect a key and i try to put car in drive mode... it starts shouting

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
i don know.... guys,. in mine as soon as it doesn detect a key and i try to put car in drive mode... it starts shouting
Shouts, but still lets you drive off I bet.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh my Lord... Guys please consider very seriously what i am writing and think about it.

1. Are you buying a luxury car or sports car.

2. In money range of 30k-40k u want a sports car with all the luxuries( have u guys lost it)

3. If someone wants luxury and sorts of security sell of mustang and by a quattro audi a4 for 41k and be happy.

I don't get it. Many people (not all) keep on crying for luxury features... and don't get single point.. it IS A FREAKING SPORTS CAR NOT FOR GOD"S SAKE A LUXURY.
Ok, I thought about it...

Sports cars = BRZ or Miata

Luxury cars = Mercedes 550, Audi A8, Jag etc. (all way more than $40K)

Here's my take on 2015 Mustangs;

Base = Inexpensive pony car with great looks but not very fancy features.

EB = A bit more performance and gas mileage but still not fancy.

EB Premium = Great performance and extremely nice features that border being luxury class. IMHO, this is Fords competition to Euro style touring cars. Smooth, quiet and sofisticated. (Performance package changes the personality of this car away from that) This is a drivers car that offers a very satisfying driving experience that the Euro cars have had a lock on for years.

GT = Ford's ground pounder that is designed to appeal to the street race/drag strip buyers and is a throw back to past models that were designed only for performance.

That's my take. YMMV... If I'm wrong, Ford won't sell many over seas.

My $0.02 worth. :D

Jim

Last edited:

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
Can you define "raise alarm"? I did the same thing as ugly john at the car wash and they were able to take the car through the wash while I sat probably too far away for the car to detect the key fob.
Sponsored