Sponsored

Jacking rails, yes or no?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
How do you mess up a frame rail?. By scrapping it, scratching it, denting it, deforming it, smashing it in etc…
Not really a car wrenching person, are you ? Anyway - like I've said above - they're nice to have but only nice.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
This thread is turning into the "painted brake caliper" thread...
Unfortunately this forum over the last five years has become full of people who know everything and cannot agree to disagree. Too many discussions become a pissing match. I have my theories, but that’ll just lead to a new pissing match.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I put Steeda full length rails on a few weeks ago. Work great with QuickJack.

20211019_175323.jpg

[/QUOTE
What quickjack do you have. The reg or ext

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
BMR Rails, Love them. So easy to jack car fast and not hurting the lunch welds.

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
BMR full length rails along with QuickJack was the first mod I installed on the car. Easy peace of mind, don’t have to worry about the pinch welds, which on my previous car I managed to mangle (and ensuing rust). I think unless you are seriously tracking your car that little bit of extra weight isn’t going to make any difference.

bobsled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2007 F150
BMR full length rails along with QuickJack was the first mod I installed on the car. Easy peace of mind, don’t have to worry about the pinch welds, which on my previous car I managed to mangle (and ensuing rust). I think unless you are seriously tracking your car that little bit of extra weight isn’t going to make any difference.
Same. I'm leaning towards Steeda, but haven't pulled the trigger, though I have hockey pucks laying around everywhere in my garage. While I am always careful, every Mustang I've ever owned has had some jackwagon bend the pinch welds.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've had success just using the pinch welds to lift the car with the Quickjack. Would it be easier with jacking rails? Maybe. But I would probably spend the same amount of time lining everything up anyway.

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1

Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
People forget the difference between theory and practice. Car owners like us think that we will always or generally being the ones that touch our cars. Not correct. There is always the chance a stranger will have to jack up the car. If so they can make a mess, or even a costly mistake regarding the underneath sheet metal.

To prevent that problem, so to speak, I installed the side rails. Either BMR or Steeda, I can't recall, on my 20189 GT350. I was really surprised, pleasantly, that they bolt up to existing holes. Along with other low cost suspension/IRS improvements (from the two aforementioned companies) - without changing the suspension stiffness.

The increased stiffness is a side benefit, and for street use the additional waster is immaterial.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Piping in with the others - swapping my winter booties on the Bullitt yesterday made it a breeze with the jacking rails. I have spare kit from Automotive Authority, which is a pinch weld jack, but haven't used it yet.

When the vehicle is in my garage and getting worked on, the jacking rails are always what I use.

MartyM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I bought them as actually one of my first mods. Its so nice to be able to just slap a jack under the middle of the car and jack up the whole side. Over my years or owning mustangs having the pinch weld all mangled up always sucked. Now I can jack it up with confidence that all will be well. For as much as ive done to my car at this point id say its money well spent.
Same here.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I got mine for 2 reasons; due to the weight of these cars the pinch weld area specified as the jack points may not be ideal and could fold over eventually and secondly it gives me peace that the dealer techs who put my car on the twin post lifts won't place them in the wrong area and crush the non-reinforced area of the pinch welds. Of course it makes rotating the tires easy for me as I just jack the whole side up as I'm still "old school" that believes radials should be rotated front to rear and not crossed (if you have directional tires, it is a MUST).

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I see alot of people posting that jacking rails are helpful because you can lift up half the car rather than just one wheel at a time.

Is my car the only S550 out there that if you jack up on the front pinchweld the whole side of the car goes up and you can take off both the front and rear wheels at a time?
Sponsored