Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
By the way hear is a nice record player ensemble for only $41,000, the price of a base Mustang GT.
By the way, I knew the late, great Joe Grado back in the day. I think his most expensive cartridge back the way $500.00.
"Hear is a nice record player".... Was that a pun? :D
Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
By the way, the Bullitt does have a specially tuned exhaust. Listen to yours vs. a regular GT. It sounds throatier.
IIRC its not only tuned differently, but it's a combination of that, the intake system and a differently packed midpipe. That's what gives it the signature sound and is definitely throatier and slightly louder than the standard GT with AE. They did a fantastic job with it.

I believe the mufflers are the same, but different part number due to the black nitro plating.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Going to be order a 21 GT Premium in a few days and am stuck between which of these options to select as I really only want to spend money for one.

1. From what I can tell, the basic stereo on the premium is pretty bad.
2. How bad does the non active exhaust sound?

Iā€™m leaning towards the stereo since I will never use quiet mode (which I feel like is a huge part). What would you guys do?
Go for the active exhaust.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It's an easy choice for me, exhaust is way easier to replace than audio. Who wants a stock exhaust anyway?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's an easy choice for me, exhaust is way easier to replace than audio. Who wants a stock exhaust anyway?
Have you heard the active exhaust? The sound is awesome. Itā€™s also great to have the option to turn it down. And if itā€™s not loud enough, go with a H or X pipe. Just because something is stock doesnā€™t make it bad.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Would you guys do the X pipe or H pipe?

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Have you heard the active exhaust? The sound is awesome. Itā€™s also great to have the option to turn it down. And if itā€™s not loud enough, go with a H or X pipe. Just because something is stock doesnā€™t make it bad.
I have heard it, it doesn't sound bad but I don't think it particularly sounds good either though. At least not compared to a corsa or AWE etc.

In essence, active exhaust sound like a good idea, but I found that when I had one I just left the valves open all the time anyway. It's not like a stock exhaust in track mode is crazy loud or anything IMO so I just left it open all the time.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Depends on what you like sound wise, x pipe for more raspy exotic sound and h pipe for a deeper muscle car sound.
My understanding is X pipe gives more power.
Sponsored