Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Going to be order a 21 GT Premium in a few days and am stuck between which of these options to select as I really only want to spend money for one.

1. From what I can tell, the basic stereo on the premium is pretty bad.
2. How bad does the non active exhaust sound?

I’m leaning towards the stereo since I will never use quiet mode (which I feel like is a huge part). What would you guys do?
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Go with Active Exhaust.

OP
OP

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have both. Active exhaust hands down. Quiet mode is nice on longer trips and for your neighbors. B&O is fine but not that great.
Is it still worth it if I’ll never use quiet mode?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Is it still worth it if I’ll never use quiet mode?
Yes as the active exhaust isn't so that you can quiet your car from a normal mode.
From what I have heard from people, the normal mode on the active exhaust is the sound of the exhaust of the non-active exhaust GT's., meaning the active exhaust in sport/track supposedly is louder than a 18-21 GT with non-active exhaust. All I know is that my car on sport+ or track is LOUD and much louder than any other 15-17 GT that I have driven/heard.

as for B&O, I had a EB mustang premium with shaker audio for past 6 years. When I was looking at a GT, I initially said that I had to have premium audio (While I don't like weak audio, I also am not a person who would get aftermarket audio).

I was glad that I was able to get a car with both B&O and active exhaust. That being said,

I don't think I have ever really listened to music much on my GT (had it for just a little over a month). I have been happy just listening to the exhaust. I usually keep in sport (by way of my mode selected by toggle switch), or sometimes in track. Also, I am happy that I have the quiet start set so that when I turn on my car 5:50am, I don't wake the entire neighborhood.

As for music, when I do have music on, it's been low enough to not be louder than my exhaust (with my windows closed), and at those volumes, I am not sure if the B&O even makes any difference.

My rec is, definitely get the 12" IPC (but I guess if you get active exhaust you have to get it anyway) and active exhaust. If you have any money left, instead of B&O, I'd try to get the magneride (I don't have it). I think with the GT, B&O is the last thing.

If I were getting an EB again, I would definitely get B&O. last November, I saw a '18 EB HPP slowly drive past me in a parkinglot. I did notice a low rumble as it was passing by (lower than my then 17' EB), but nothing I would write home about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The B&O isn't that great...though, it is better than the base. The Active exhaust is nice....but if you like loud and think you will be replacing the axle-backs, it will be cheaper without the active exhaust.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Shake out the piggy banks, look under the rear seat, cash in those old soda bottles, and get both. I did and I never regretted it. In a pinch, yes, AE over the Bose but since I;m a bit older, I got the upgraded stereo because it's the only way to get a CD player. And no wisecracks about 8 tracks.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, go aftermarket for the stereo if you care about that. AE for sure.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I would go with the B&O...the active exhaust doesn't mean much to me as it would always be in Track mode. I would still end up going with aftermarket anyway on the exhaust. That being said even the B&O wasn't that important to me, as I like the sound and vibe of the car. In which case save your money as the Premium comes with the 9 spkr setup, as lacking as it is for those who like to thump.

Dave

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The B&O isn't that great...though, it is better than the base. The Active exhaust is nice....but if you like loud and think you will be replacing the axle-backs, it will be cheaper without the active exhaust.
I'd rather have the base 6 speaker with upgraded, premium speakers that I choose myself than spend the money on B&O.

AE all day. It sounds better in ALL modes than the base exhaust.
Sponsored