Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would go with the active exhaust, you can always go to a car audio place and have a nice entertainment system installed.

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have active exhaust with boss side pipes....it sounds good.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have both active exhaust and the b and o. active exhaust all the way.. i even made a thread called ford I want my money back for the B and O as it is awful. As for that Borla Switch fire pipe you show I have it, it pairs very nicely with the active exhaust. It is the number one thing I have gotten compliments on is the sound of the car.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have heard it, it doesn't sound bad but I don't think it particularly sounds good either though. At least not compared to a corsa or AWE etc.

In essence, active exhaust sound like a good idea, but I found that when I had one I just left the valves open all the time anyway. It's not like a stock exhaust in track mode is crazy loud or anything IMO so I just left it open all the time.
I think I'd disagree with you there, in my opinion the AE is one of the best sounding exhausts out there. Of course not comparing to supercharged V8s and V12s. Of course a personal choice, but I fell in love with the sound the first time I heard the car start up at the dealership.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
One of the cool points about AE is how it is always sort of fluttering the valves under certain conditions like hard acceleration, gives the exhaust a sound that regular exhausts can't make due to the extra trickery going on. It's definitely a neat sound.

I do agree w/ some posters who say who go AE, they'd just always leave it in the loudest mode. That is me. But the reason is quiet mode for not making your neighbors hate you + quiet mode for long rides where you just don't need the noise. I also have 70 year old neighbors right next to my driveway, and I really like them. And my car is a daily driver. So quiet mode is nice.

If you have stock AE then this isn't the worst, but if you add an H pipe or something and you're louder than stock, this is a real nice feature.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
One of the cool points about AE is how it is always sort of fluttering the valves under certain conditions like hard acceleration, gives the exhaust a sound that regular exhausts can't make due to the extra trickery going on. It's definitely a neat sound.

I do agree w/ some posters who say who go AE, they'd just always leave it in the loudest mode. That is me. But the reason is quiet mode for not making your neighbors hate you + quiet mode for long rides where you just don't need the noise. I also have 70 year old neighbors right next to my driveway, and I really like them. And my car is a daily driver. So quiet mode is nice.

If you have stock AE then this isn't the worst, but if you add an H pipe or something and you're louder than stock, this is a real nice feature.
I'm right there with you, "quiet" mode 9pm-8am and on long road trips, while ripping it in Track mode rest of the times and on work commutes as my Bullitt is my daily also.
Sponsored