Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
👉The only one who mentioned a performance pack is you, we're all talking about a power pack , This entire thread is about the power pack..

My question was answered, I now know I have to plug into the car before I can get my tune from Ford , which is different from the time I did this on my 2017.
Thank you for the help everyone.
LOL my guy, how confused you are. I truly hope you don't botch this install.
Sponsored

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I asked a question about the install ,but I'm not going around calling power packages a performance package like you.đź‘Ś
In fact, what was I thinking wasting my time talking to a forum and a you....

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I asked a question about the install ,but I'm not going around calling power packages a performance package like you.đź‘Ś
In fact, what was I thinking wasting my time talking to a forum and a you....
Dude, read the title of the thread. You're arguing semantics. And I still have absolutely zero idea why what we call it is in any way relevant to your question. You asked if you could upload the performance tune, to the procal, without "changing parts." I said yes, and you said I was wrong. I'm not wrong, you only need the stock tune uploaded to the procal, which doesn't require any "changing parts." Or do you also call it "changing parts" when you plug your phone into the charger?

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Tried searching and couldn't find it. Does anyone have a pic of the hood liner with an outline of where the intake box seals to it? Thanks!

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, read the title of the thread. You're arguing semantics. And I still have absolutely zero idea why what we call it is in any way relevant to your question. You asked if you could upload the performance tune, to the procal, without "changing parts." I said yes, and you said I was wrong. I'm not wrong, you only need the stock tune uploaded to the procal, which doesn't require any "changing parts." Or do you also call it "changing parts" when you plug your phone into the charger?
Nowhere in any post did I say I want to upload a tune without changing parts, I said when I did this with my 2017 I could upload the performance tune FIRST, before doing ANYTHING to the car and have it ready.. I know now that is not the case with this 2021 ,you have to remove the factory program for a new performance calibration VIN specific., Now if you can't comprehend what people write,.. and you can't comprehend what the difference is between a power package and a performance package,, that is your problem, but I'm done with you.. later

Last edited:

Sponsored

Radar Doc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Tried searching and couldn't find it. Does anyone have a pic of the hood liner with an outline of where the intake box seals to it? Thanks!
Hood Liner.jpg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Ford lists this under 'Performance Packs'

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 7.47.29 AM.png

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rise and shine, before the Heat and slime .... my second installation and totally different.

20220802_075906.jpg

20220802_075911.jpg

20220802_072503.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Nowhere in any post did I say I want to upload a tune without changing parts, I said when I did this with my 2017 I could upload the performance tune FIRST, before doing ANYTHING to the car and have it ready.. I know now that is not the case with this 2021 ,you have to remove the factory program for a new performance calibration VIN specific., Now if you can't comprehend what people write,.. and you can't comprehend what the difference is between a power package and a performance package,, that is your problem, but I'm done with you.. later
You said it right here, as a matter of fact. You should be careful about accusing someone of not comprehending what you write when you're the one who is confused.

Shouldn't I be able to download the Motorsports tune before changing the parts?
And now I see the issue. When you you upload the stock tune, to the procal, you are COPYING it. You are not REMOVING the tune. Copying as in the same thing you do when you right click, select copy, then right click and select paste.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford lists this under 'Performance Packs'

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 7.47.29 AM.png
No, no they dont.... it's called a power package , a performance package is a option on a 2018 Mustang show the whole picture instead of your dumb snapshot , and this is the last I'm going to waste my time with psych patients on this forum.

Screenshot_20220802-083337_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-083357_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Shut..the hell..up. Nobody cares who was semantically right on the internet. The names FRPP uses is and always has been the same as a different option on the car. Been discussed long before and to great lengths. The power pack is a performance pack from them and the 2015 up Mustang has had available a performance pack of some variety from day one. And nobody cares about what you consider installing a part. Get over it.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Anyone else with this kit getting mild engine knock on 91 octane? Occasionally happens getting on the gas between 2.5K and 3K RPMS only, going from 2nd to 3rd. It's there and gone as I pass through that RPM range. Only hearing it for a fraction of a second. If I don't pay attention or I have the windows up, I may not hear it. I've noticed it maybe half a dozen times only on this first and only tank of gas from Costco. Last year I was driving on 94 octane which has up to 10% ethanol. Never heard any knocking. This year, due to the insanity of gas prices I switched to 91 with no ethanol. Should I top off my half tank with 94 or run it down to empty and then fill with 94 and observe for signs of knock?

Has anyone used the Procal to data log? Or to see if the PCM is pulling timing or the knock sensors are being triggered?
Sponsored