Sponsored

Ford Performance has released a Performance Pack for 2018+ GTs

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. It's a CAI, throttle body, and a tune giving +19 HP / +18 lb*ft at peak, +42 lb*ft at the low end. Requires 91 octane.

All you guys who felt inadequate every time you read a magazine review about the Bullitt's extra 20HP can now feel a little better. :wink:

Compatible with the 3 yr / 36 mo new car warranty by covering any problems related to it (same thing Dinan does with BMW). I wonder if it does anything to a Ford extended warranty. My guess would be that it gives Ford an out if there's a problem they can chase back to it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Whoa this is great I’ve been looking for this. We really need someone to come on here though and clear up the confusion with the warranty. I’m still unsure about it

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa this is great I’ve been looking for this. We really need someone to come on here though and clear up the confusion with the warranty. I’m still unsure about it
If you have it installed by a Ford dealer or ASE mechanic (plus a few others), Ford Performance will give you a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty that runs co-terminus with the factory warranty. If something breaks and the factory warranty blames the upgrade, Ford Performance will pay for the repair. Effectively, you have the new car warranty unless the PP is blamed, in which case you switch to the FP warranty. Ford dealers should handle that transparently.

The hook is after the 3yr/36k is done. You can buy an extended warranty for the car, but not for the PP. If at, say, 5 years/52k miles you end up with some engine damage, there is the chance that the extended warranty will blame the PP and back off. In that case, you're on your own. At least, that's how Dinan and BMW worked it, even if you had the Dinan package added at a BMW dealer.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If you have it installed by a Ford dealer or ASE mechanic (plus a few others), Ford Performance will give you a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty that runs co-terminus with the factory warranty. If something breaks and the factory warranty blames the upgrade, Ford Performance will pay for the repair. Effectively, you have the new car warranty unless the PP is blamed, in which case you switch to the FP warranty. Ford dealers should handle that transparently.

The hook is after the 3yr/36k is done. You can buy an extended warranty for the car, but not for the PP. If at, say, 5 years/52k miles you end up with some engine damage, there is the chance that the extended warranty will blame the PP and back off. In that case, you're on your own. At least, that's how Dinan and BMW worked it, even if you had the Dinan package added at a BMW dealer.
My dealer told me as long as it's a Ford product installed by a Ford dealer designed for your particular vehicle, you have nothing to worry about. Just don't run sketchy 91 octane and accept that at some point someone in the gas station may have dumped 87 in the 91 tanks.

Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Hey thanks for the reply. So basically your powertrain warranty shrinks to 3 years/36k miles? Am I getting that right?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
IPOGT, even if it’s a ford performance product? And who said that, was it a service manager? Hopefully this is the policy for all dealers but is it dealer dependent?

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer told me as long as it's a Ford product installed by a Ford dealer designed for your particular vehicle, you have nothing to worry about.
That's certainly true for the factory 3/36, but did they explicitly say it applies to the Ford extended products?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
IPOGT, even if it’s a ford performance product? And who said that, was it a service manager? Hopefully this is the policy for all dealers but is it dealer dependent?
My service manager at the time at my dealership. Don't know about other dealers. I bought my car there new and they did the power pack installation.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Good God, took them long enough! I'll be buying this at some point this year.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I put the power pack 2 on my 15’ GT and loved it. I will most likely get one for my 18’ GT. Down side is this one cost quite a bit more than what the PP2 cost for my 15’.

I’m wondering how the A10 shifting will feel.

From their website

• Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule

Last edited:

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
Is there a ford performance tranny cooler you could add to this that the dealer can install that will not void the warranty?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
So....is this just the bullet air intake and TB plus minor tune tweak?

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Hope this package is different because I am excited to hear about it but...

I had a similar FRPP package on my 2012 GT. Drop in filter + tune/calibrator only for that one.
Kept the warranty when installed by a Ford dealer, a shit ton of early timing/torque with modest gains elsewhere. The car destroyed rear tires after installed. I never had knock issues (consistent 93 octane), but other people with less than desirable octane did have knock issues because of so much early timing added.
Sponsored