Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I don't really wanna get into butt dyno yet. It runs well I know that. Did a few full sends to 80 mph. Be curious to see how it behaves on my daily commute which has a lot of mixed driving both ways.
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hi All. I installed the tune about a couple of weeks ago. Made a nice improvement. (200 miles ago) Today I noticed a slight diesel/ping sound under hard acceleration. I can also make it happen by slightly laboring the engine. I always use super, thought possibility a bad batch of gas. I was on the fuel light. Filled it with shell 93 and drove 50 miles home. It's still there.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
My 2020 GT does the same, rattle that happens right around 2,000 to 2,500 RPM or so when getting into the throttle. My 2020 GT only has 5,000 miles on it, kit has been installed for about 2,500 miles. I noticed shortly after installing, but I do seem to notice it more now. (Could be that I am paying more attention to it, could have even done it before the install, I may have never noticed because I was listening more once I installed the kit.) Always run 91 and have tried different brands and stations, no difference.

One day I decided to google "s550 mustang 2k rattle". All kinds of threads showed up all over the internet discussing it. After spending a bunch of time going though some of them, I guess I have accepted that the rattle is normal. I have thought about taking the kit off and going back to stock, but it is way to hot outside to spend anytime in the garage, maybe when it cools down I will try it, or maybe it will just be time to install a supercharger! lol

Doug

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Luckily I can get 93 here easily.

Issues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT. 1990 LX 5.0 . 2006 F-150. 76 RD400. 73 H2. 75 RD350
My 2020 GT does the same, rattle that happens right around 2,000 to 2,500 RPM or so when getting into the throttle. My 2020 GT only has 5,000 miles on it, kit has been installed for about 2,500 miles. I noticed shortly after installing, but I do seem to notice it more now. (Could be that I am paying more attention to it, could have even done it before the install, I may have never noticed because I was listening more once I installed the kit.) Always run 91 and have tried different brands and stations, no difference.

One day I decided to google "s550 mustang 2k rattle". All kinds of threads showed up all over the internet discussing it. After spending a bunch of time going though some of them, I guess I have accepted that the rattle is normal. I have thought about taking the kit off and going back to stock, but it is way to hot outside to spend anytime in the garage, maybe when it cools down I will try it, or maybe it will just be time to install a supercharger! lol

Doug
Hi Doug. Thanks for the reply.
It's not the 2k rattle. It's a slight pinging pre-ignition under wot acceleration or by laboring the engine( did this just to test)It was very hot out when this happened. Even thought I always ran 93 I Did a KAM reset today and so far so good, but it was also 10 degrees cooler and less humid today.

Chris

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Am I right in thinking that the TB and Air FIlter, if needed to be replaced, are just off-the-shelf Bullitt parts. So if it's time to replace the air filter, I just order the Bullitt cone? Also, it's odd the Bullitt is 20hp increase OEM, but nothing on Tq. Or did FP not do the Bullitt setup? Thanks, just random questions on a Sun morning.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Am I right in thinking that the TB and Air FIlter, if needed to be replaced, are just off-the-shelf Bullitt parts. So if it's time to replace the air filter, I just order the Bullitt cone? Also, it's odd the Bullitt is 20hp increase OEM, but nothing on Tq. Or did FP not do the Bullitt setup? Thanks, just random questions on a Sun morning.
The Bullitt uses the gt350 intake manifold, ontop of everything else. All we're swapping, for this kit, is the air intake and throttle body from the gt350/bullitt.

So yes, you can use the same cone filter.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You can get washable or oiled filters that are better than the paper ones. Airraid/Ford Performance, Green Filter, etc. all have one.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
After running some errands yesterday, and my morning commute (25 miles), the car def acts better in Normal IMO. Not sure if that is due to the battery being disconnected for 2 hours and the tranny relearning too, or the tune, or both. But it def drives better.

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Had the FP kit and tune installed by my Ford dealer about 6 wks ago. Also, replaced the yellow air filter supplied with the kit with a FP blue washable one as I prefer to clean mine whenever I need. Put the car on a Dynojet dyno the next day... 417 Hp to the wheels on a 87 degree day. Been driving it as often as I can since and enjoying it. The only other mod that I've done that would add to the dyno # would be an H pipe.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Drive home today from work. Mixed with traffic. Definitely still feels more refined and snappy. Def still like the transmission better.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yeah the automatic folks like the shifting much better

amracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Has anyone done any before and after 1/4mi runs or maybe 60-130 with FP tune im really curious to know actual difference in performance ?

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
🤔Anything I need to know before I install and flash the computer with the procal4?

Screenshot_20220729-001034_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220729-001048_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored