Sponsored

Ford Performance has released a Performance Pack for 2018+ GTs

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Not unless they want a lawsuit they won’t.
Where in the warranty does it state they have to prove anything to deny work? Warranties are generally written to favor a company, not a consumer. The best you could do is try another dealership, you’d likely be wasting more money on a lawyer than it would cost to fix whatever broke.
As I said, it varies greatly from dealership to dealership, but don’t hold your breath on them needing to prove anything if they deny you warranty work.
Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I do see "Features exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response " on the 2015-2017 Power Pack verbiage, but it is not being mentioned again in the 2018+ product.
That's good if they didn't add it in, at least from my experience and a road course point of view. I tried that NLS on a 4-5 upshift and got enough wheelspin to get the ass end out. At over 100 mph that's not fun.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Where in the warranty does it state they have to prove anything to deny work? Warranties are generally written to favor a company, not a consumer. The best you could do is try another dealership, you’d likely be wasting more money on a lawyer than it would cost to fix whatever broke.
As I said, it varies greatly from dealership to dealership, but don’t hold your breath on them needing to prove anything if they deny you warranty work.
It’s called the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. It allows you to use non manufactured parts on your car and if your car has a fault and needs a warranty repair, they have prove the parts you installed caused said failure.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Maybe. I have one in my PP1 and I've never felt any difference at all and my lap time and trap speeds did not change. Putting a good hood vent in did way more than this thing did. Plus the NLS feature causes havoc on the road course, it's a drag racer thing I guess but on a road course it just plays hell with everything. You either pretty much side step the clutch on every shift which puts immense load onto the fragile MT82 or you get a pile of stuttering until you get the clutch up. Makes driving smoothly very difficult. I regret ever reading about the damn thing. And Ford will not disable the NLS, at least that's what they told me when I called and complained about it.
same here with NLS...had been told a version 2.0 might happen but FP shelved it. have they kept it for the '18s? drove a car with it on track. not for me! they tell you to adapt. maybe Ford should have adapted and given a select option on the download. dman

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I mean if warranty is the one and only concern(and you were buying and installing off the lot and not a year or more after purchase in order to maximize said warranty) and not performance or value then I guess I get it. But perosanlly would have a hard time rationalizing it when an e85 tune is less than half the cost and at least double the power...

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thought about this kit, thinking about an Supercharger instead though... huge price difference I know.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thought about this kit, thinking about an Supercharger instead though... huge price difference I know.
In terms of power

Blower > e85 + lth > e 85 only tune > lth + 93 tune > this kit > stock
Sponsored