2019 Mustang GT

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, its pretty straight forward.

👉Something else I was wondering, I have the program from my 2017 procal 3 on a laptop, do you think I could use the same laptop for my 2021 and procal 4?
I don't think it would matter but I figured I would run it by this group of people.
As of now I plan on using the same laptop, I think it should work fine, it's Windows 10, Windows 7 and above is required.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
👉Something else I was wondering, I have the program from my 2017 procal 3 on a laptop, do you think I could use the same laptop for my 2021 and procal 4?
I don't think it would matter but I figured I would run it by this group of people.
As of now I plan on using the same laptop, I think it should work fine, it's Windows 10, Windows 7 and above is required.
Do you need Procal3 for any reason? If not, I would uninstall that first then install Procal4. So there's no old files lingering that might cause an issue. Your laptop is more than capable if it's running Windows 10.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought this air intake part that comes with the package is the same as the one on the car already, anybody know for sure if it's the same part number ? I'm just wondering until I actually do mine.

Screenshot_20220729-215500_Gallery.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I always thought this air intake part that comes with the package is the same as the one on the car already, anybody know for sure if it's the same part number ? I'm just wondering until I actually do mine.

Screenshot_20220729-215500_Gallery.jpg
If memory serves, it's slightly larger than the factory piece. But it's been a while since I did my install so I could be wrong.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't I be able to download the Motorsports tune before changing the parts? It says I have one credit available on the procal and then when I enter the voucher number on the Ford Motorsports page it tells me already activated , but I can't find a download page for the Motorsports program?

20220801_124336.jpg

20220801_125841.jpg

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Follow the printed instructions exactly. You connect the Procal to your car's ODB port and copy the PCM tune to the Procal device. Once that is done, you take the Procal to the PC and open the Procal application. Connect and update. It will upload your OEM tune to FP for backup. Only then will it let you download the FP tune.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't I be able to download the Motorsports tune before changing the parts? It says I have one credit available on the procal and then when I enter the voucher number on the Ford Motorsports page it tells me already activated , but I can't find a download page for the Motorsports program?

20220801_124336.jpg

20220801_125841.jpg
Did you upload your stock tune to the procal, first? That needs to be done before the FRPP tune will download, and it'll all be controlled through the procal software.

To answer your specific question, yes you can. You can go as far as to install the FRPP tune on your car, before installing the parts. Just, you know, don't start the car if you do it in that order.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you upload your stock tune to the procal, first? That needs to be done before the FRPP tune will download, and it'll all be controlled through the procal software.

To answer your specific question, yes you can. You can go as far as to install the FRPP tune on your car, before installing the parts. Just, you know, don't start the car if you do it in that order.
No you can't get the tune until pro-cal is plugged into the vehicle , That's exactly what ken at Ford Motorsports tech line said , I was a second guessing myself because I did this on my 17 and I was able to get the performance tune before even touching the car , not the case with this procal4 ,like you guys said and ken at Ford Motorsports , it's a different animal , it won't do anything more until it's plugged into the car, I should be all set because it says I have one credit available, any problems to call him tomorrow, tomorrow is the day I'll be doing this I guess.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Follow the printed instructions exactly. You connect the Procal to your car's ODB port and copy the PCM tune to the Procal device. Once that is done, you take the Procal to the PC and open the Procal application. Connect and update. It will upload your OEM tune to FP for backup. Only then will it let you download the FP tune.
^^^^

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
No you can't get the tune until pro-cal is plugged into the vehicle , That's exactly what ken at Ford Motorsports tech line said , I was a second guessing myself because I did this on my 17 and I was able to get the performance tune before even touching the car , not the case with this procal4 ,like you guys said and ken at Ford Motorsports , it's a different animal , it won't do anything more until it's plugged into the car, I should be all set because it says I have one credit available, any problems to call him tomorrow, tomorrow is the day I'll be doing this I guess.
You said changing parts. We're talking about a performance pack. Parts = intake/filter and throttle body. Yes, you can get the FRPP tune without changing those.

Plugging the procal into the car is how you upload your stock tune and is exactly what I specified you have to do. We clearly have a very different idea of what "changing parts" is considering plugging your procal into your car, in and of itself, doesn't change anything.

The instructions list the steps for the procal device and the steps have been written out by other members.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You said changing parts. We're talking about a performance pack. Parts = intake/filter and throttle body. Yes, you can get the FRPP tune without changing those.

Plugging the procal into the car is how you upload your stock tune and is exactly what I specified you have to do. We clearly have a very different idea of what "changing parts" is considering plugging your procal into your car, in and of itself, doesn't change anything.

The instructions list the steps for the procal device and the steps have been written out by other members.

👉The only one who mentioned a performance pack is you, we're all talking about a power pack , This entire thread is about the power pack..

My question was answered, I now know I have to plug into the car before I can get my tune from Ford , which is different from the time I did this on my 2017.
Thank you for the help everyone.
Sponsored