Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Roush Performance Pac - Level 1
it is not open
Yeah but one issue with the Roush for people who want to install at home, it does not come with a tuner and you have to get a dealer to flash it and you do not have your stock tune stored with you.
Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Yeah but one issue with the Roush for people who want to install at home, it does not come with a tuner and you have to get a dealer to flash it and you do not have your stock tune stored with you.
I didn't think about having the stock tune but I thought with a VCM 2 you could store your stock tune ?
You don't have to have a dealer flash it you can use a VCM 2 and the are cheap to buy I think I paid $139 for mine ( bought it to turn on the trailer brakes on a F-150 because dealer wanted $450 to do it )
Also it Provides up to 24 RWHP and 18 ft/lb RWTQ over stock intake keyword RWHP not HP huge difference or am I missing something?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't think about having the stock tune but I thought with a VCM 2 you could store your stock tune ?
You don't have to have a dealer flash it you can use a VCM 2 and the are cheap to buy I think I paid $139 for mine ( bought it to turn on the trailer brakes on a F-150 because dealer wanted $450 to do it )
Also it Provides up to 24 RWHP and 18 ft/lb RWTQ over stock intake keyword RWHP not HP huge difference or am I missing something?
Gains are later vs the FP pack per Roush Graph, can use this as a reference even its PAC 2, only difference in PAC 2 is the axle back is thrown in, but same tune as PAC 1

422114-2018-2019-mustang-gt-ro_4c1e0fc0.jpg

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Roush Performance Pac - Level 1
it is not open
I wonder if you could use a roush box over the Ford performance with it. I have one now, but it's not tuned, but the option to tune is there just by removing a piece in the tube.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if you could use a roush box over the Ford performance with it. I have one now, but it's not tuned, but the option to tune is there just by removing a piece in the tube.
I guess if you spend all the money on the package to get the tune and omit the airbox perhaps?

Sponsored

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Can any Ford dealer install this kit or only certain ones? I live in Charlotte, NC and am thinking Tindol Ford who is a Roush dealer may be able to. Thanks in advance.
A Roush Ford Dealer will most likely be able to install it properly and also have some upgrade installation experience vs some small Mom and Pop Ford dealer.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can any Ford dealer install this kit or only certain ones? I live in Charlotte, NC and am thinking Tindol Ford who is a Roush dealer may be able to. Thanks in advance.
Any Ford dealer can do it, will they or will the techs know how to is another story.

mhanna77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, 1989 GT, 1969 Mach1
Anyone know, with this Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool M-12655-F that’s part of the kit, would that tool work to flash for the Roush s/c down the road?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm looking forward to your feedback on this. I'm ready to pull the trigger on either this tune or a Lund flex/e85 tune. But if neither does much I'd rather save the money on both and go boost. I can only get 91 octane but E85 is available. I'm not a drag racer and only track a couple times a year. Looking for more "oomph" down low from the car.
The flex / e85 tune by itself if running on e would be double or more the increase you would get from the kit. The kit is more for warranty minded people than those wanting better performance.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
The flex / e85 tune by itself if running on e would be double or more the increase you would get from the kit.
Not everyone has easy access to E85. Nearest to me is a 60 mile round trip. Not gonna happen anytime soon due to that. Not saying I'll use this kit or any other but it gets tiring hearing the non-stop "E85, E85, E85, E85 everything else is a waste of your money". It's their money the can spend it anywhere they like, can't they??

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Not everyone has easy access to E85. Nearest to me is a 60 mile round trip. Not gonna happen anytime soon due to that. Not saying I'll use this kit or any other but it gets tiring hearing the non-stop "E85, E85, E85, E85 everything else is a waste of your money". It's their money the can spend it anywhere they like, can't they??
Totally understand. Was just replying to a post where someone was debating between the two options. In their case e was available and thus a no brainer.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Great now I feel stupid as I didn't see he DOES have access to E! I better start reading closer!

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT 10 Speed Auto Base Model (light weight baby)
Just checking in on peeps that installed this already and noticed or clocked any performance gains.... 0 - 60 &or 1/4? What about the
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule...

... does this alter your stock shifting schedule for better or worse ? :) I think the car is shifting a bit early from its 7400rpm reline unless they up'd the ante on the top
end to take advantage of it... ? I was getting 4.6 on track apps launching ~2000rpms... but reached 4.4 using the paddle shifter at the right moment to obtain a higher rpm shift without hitting redline... but you have to be precise with this and that might be easy in a controlled testing situation, but not easy under the gun :)

Getting taken by some modded 4 cylinders... Be aware of these cars boys

BMW F30 N20/26 Engine 2.0L Turbo JB4 Stage 2 or X3 E85 Tune (340whp 30psi redline) 0 - 60 4.7- 4.8 secs from the dig! I raced one of these and he almost got me... funny how he was pissed though... going by me afterward and revving the shit out his BMW debadged 328i N20! JB4 Stage 2 on 93 = ~60HP gain... E85 tune ~ 90-100 HP gains on the N20!

Civic 1.5LT E85 Tune or proturbo kit ... E85 tune can hang in the beginning but after 100 you'll be gone.. the proturbokit though is another story... pretty much neck and neck!

I lost some races but not by much ... usually by 0.5 to 2 car lengths. I'm either doing this or E85 Kit... can these be combined ? Looking to to make up the difference in these losses :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just checking in on peeps that installed this already and noticed or clocked any performance gains.... 0 - 60 &or 1/4? What about the
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule...

... does this alter your stock shifting schedule for better or worse ? :) I think the car is shifting a bit early from its 7400rpm reline unless they up'd the ante on the top
end to take advantage of it... ? I was getting 4.6 on track apps launching ~2000rpms... but reached 4.4 using the paddle shifter at the right moment to obtain a higher rpm shift without hitting redline... but you have to be precise with this and that might be easy in a controlled testing situation, but not easy under the gun :)
Not sure if this is what you are asking but. I think it has made my shifting much more livable and smoother. I have not tested performance but my butt dyno, in my case anyway, is disappointed in this kit. I honestly dont feel much of anything. I could go and test but honestly do i want number son paper to tell me something is better or do I want to feel it. I am in the minority it seems but I wish I could get my money back for this kit. The boost to performance is minimal and for me not worth the cost. as far as the smoothness of the car I think it really smoothed it out and made it a better driving car as far as the trans goes. as for performance or power...eh there is not much it added.
Sponsored