Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
One more question - did you find a catch can that would work ? Would the remote mounted JLT work (3030P) ?
Well, that was going to be my mission today and you've done the work for me. It looks like that would work fine. Thanks!
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Well, that was going to be my mission today and you've done the work for me. It looks like that would work fine. Thanks!
I asked JLT if it would work and if they sell an upgrade kit - got a response that both would work (despite I told them it has been verified that regular one - based on your experience - will not). I guess I will but the remote mounted one and sell current one.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I asked JLT if it would work and if they sell an upgrade kit - got a response that both would work (despite I told them it has been verified that regular one - based on your experience - will not). I guess I will but the remote mounted one and sell current one.
I do believe it can be crammed in there. But, I just don't like the pressure it would put on that TB connector. It may be fine, but my OCD would not be able to handle it.

The remote one looks perfect though from the video on the JLT site. The hose is coming from the opposite side and looks like it wouldn't even touch the connector.

Last edited:

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
If this fixed the short shift issue from 6th to 7th I'd but but im guessing it will not.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
How is the sound with this vs before?

Probably too early to tell, any MPG change?

Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
How is the sound with this vs before?

Probably too early to tell, any MPG change?
How is the sound with this vs before? - Outside the car, I didn't notice a change. Inside the car, more noise when on the throttle but nothing more when cruising.

any MPG change? - I reset the mileage because I was also curious about this. But I work from home, so I haven't driven it enough yet to tell.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Not the guy with it installed but the answer is yes and no. "Throttle response" is a bit of a misnomer here. The time it takes for the car to react to pedal input from the driver isn't going to change. At least, I'm 99% sure it wouldn't (why have a built in delay from the factory? I miss cable driven throttle bodies). It will, however, feel like there's more oomph with less pedal input. This is because the bigger throttle body is letting in more air at any given point than the stock one is. So (not exact numbers) at 15% throttle input, the 87mm TB will be letting in the same amount of air as the 80mm TB lets in at 25% input. All of this not counting the increase in low end torque the tune provides.
You are correct here in that at the same throttle angle, the bigger TB moves more air. However with drive by wire setups, it's all up to the ECM calibration as to how much the throttle opens in relation to the pedal position. In many modern engine control systems, pedal position is treated as a torque request. The ECM responds to satisfy that torque request by adjusting throttle position, camshaft phase, ignition timing and a host of other outputs that result in the engine generating the power output the driver is requesting.

So throttle response is an antiquated phrase when it comes to modern engine controls. What MIGHT change with a revised calibration is the engines response to a given pedal position, similar to what happens when you select Sport+ mode for example.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
You are correct here in that at the same throttle angle, the bigger TB moves more air. However with drive by wire setups, it's all up to the ECM calibration as to how much the throttle opens in relation to the pedal position. In many modern engine control systems, pedal position is treated as a torque request. The ECM responds to satisfy that torque request by adjusting throttle position, camshaft phase, ignition timing and a host of other outputs that result in the engine generating the power output the driver is requesting.

So throttle response is an antiquated phrase when it comes to modern engine controls. What MIGHT change with a revised calibration is the engines response to a given pedal position, similar to what happens when you select Sport+ mode for example.
That's why I said the term "throttle response" is a misnomer. I doubt the tune will change the mapping for the throttle position. At least, I hope not. I'm not a fan of that artificial power increase provided by the throttle body opening more than the given pedal input. I'm sure it makes sport mode and all these chips fun but there's no actual power gain. It also lowers the amount of control one has because the power delivery is no longer linear.

The tune already probably runs a bit more cam advance, at low engine speeds, to give it more oomph. Not having to equate for 87 octane definitely loosens up some constraints.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
When I think throttle response Im not thinking more power but getting rid of that delay that is there when you mash the pedal. But less delay could also help win a close race from a dig.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the new Power Pack comes with a firewall plug for the sound tube delete since the new air box does not utilized the sound tube?

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Yes. See below.

Kit contains: 1 – Ford Performance Cold Air Intake 1 – Ford Performance ProCal 4 1 – ProCal 4 Voucher 1 – 87 mm Throttle Body 4 – Throttle Body Bolts (Hex Head) 1 – Throttle Body Adaptor 4 – Throttle Body Adaptor Bolts (Socket Head) 1 – Throttle Body Adaptor Seal 1 – EO Label 1 – Foam Seal 1 – Air Inlet 1 – Sound Symposer Plug 1 – Premium Fuel Label 2 – Wiring Stud Retainer

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Does anyone know if the new Power Pack comes with a firewall plug for the sound tube delete since the new air box does not utilized the sound tube?
Comes with a Sound Symposer Plug.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You guys are amazing. Thank you. My Performance Pack will be in this week.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone else have theirs installed yet and can review the pack?
Sponsored