Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Wow that procal is a big upgrade from the 2015-17 power packs!
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I was quoted roughly 5 hours labor from my dealer to install this. Does that sound right?
If you look at the instructions, it starts with removing the sound tube. That thing is absolute bitch to get out and I am guessing takes an hours on its own unless you've already did it. I've spent about two hours Friday to get thing freaking thing out. Maybe shops are more skilled at it or can monkey a combination of extensions, swivels and socket together to unbolt it from the firewall, I wasn't able to. Rest of it is quick - I agree.

My plan is to either do it myself or go to the shop and specifically quote intake / throttle body install, not the whole package that they can inflate rate for. Others have the sound tube - I would get it out themselves, will save you some time / money spent at the shop.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Edit: I figured out why the Ford Performance Oil Separator bracket was removed. It all won't fit in that tight spot. Neither will my JLT 3.0. I'll play around with that more this weekend.
You're saying catch can has to come out ?

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
You're saying catch can has to come out ?
The right tube connection on the JLT wants to sit where the throttle body electrical connector is now located. I could cram it in there, but I’m afraid it’ll put too much pressure on that connector.

The FPP catch can will fit without the mounting bracket. However, the lip of it rests on that TB connector. It actually feels and looks secure there, but I worry about the potential adverse effects of that contact over time.

So, both are on eBay. Correction...The JLT is already sold.

Reactions: kz

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at the instructions, it starts with removing the sound tube. That thing is absolute bitch to get out and I am guessing takes an hours on its own unless you've already did it. I've spent about two hours Friday to get thing freaking thing out. Maybe shops are more skilled at it or can monkey a combination of extensions, swivels and socket together to unbolt it from the firewall, I wasn't able to. Rest of it is quick - I agree.

My plan is to either do it myself or go to the shop and specifically quote intake / throttle body install, not the whole package that they can inflate rate for. Others have the sound tube - I would get it out themselves, will save you some time / money spent at the shop.
The FP instructions vs many other sound tube delete instructions actually suggests to access the firewall part easier via wheel well liner removal vs trying to do it from above.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The FP instructions vs many other sound tube delete instructions actually suggests to access the firewall part easier via wheel well liner removal vs trying to do it from above.
I know - I actually have tried that. The easiest way for me to do that was from under the car. I didn't want to just pull it - too many things around and in the way and it's not like there's too many things to do these days ;-)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The right tube connection on the JLT wants to sit where the throttle body electrical connector is now located. I could cram it in there, but I’m afraid it’ll put too much pressure on that connector.

The FPP catch can will fit without the mounting bracket. However, the lip of it rests on that TB connector. It actually feels and looks secure there, but I worry about the potential adverse effects of that contact over time.

Thanks - that stinks - I have JLT and just poured oil out of it - it was half full so clearly works.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Not sure if stated but how much for buying and dealership install?

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, how is the throttle response now? Im hoping better with the new TB.

Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this adds to the price of install I wonder if a plug can just be used and not take the tube out and save some money that way.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
If this adds to the price of install I wonder if a plug can just be used and not take the tube out and save some money that way.
I think it can - there is no outlet in the intake for sound tube but other than that I do not think it will be in the way...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
OP, how is the throttle response now? Im hoping better with the new TB.
Not the guy with it installed but the answer is yes and no. "Throttle response" is a bit of a misnomer here. The time it takes for the car to react to pedal input from the driver isn't going to change. At least, I'm 99% sure it wouldn't (why have a built in delay from the factory? I miss cable driven throttle bodies). It will, however, feel like there's more oomph with less pedal input. This is because the bigger throttle body is letting in more air at any given point than the stock one is. So (not exact numbers) at 15% throttle input, the 87mm TB will be letting in the same amount of air as the 80mm TB lets in at 25% input. All of this not counting the increase in low end torque the tune provides.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Not the guy with it installed but the answer is yes and no. "Throttle response" is a bit of a misnomer here. The time it takes for the car to react to pedal input from the driver isn't going to change. At least, I'm 99% sure it wouldn't (why have a built in delay from the factory? I miss cable driven throttle bodies). It will, however, feel like there's more oomph with less pedal input. This is because the bigger throttle body is letting in more air at any given point than the stock one is. So (not exact numbers) at 15% throttle input, the 87mm TB will be letting in the same amount of air as the 80mm TB lets in at 25% input. All of this not counting the increase in low end torque the tune provides.
I couldn’t have said it better!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

One more question - did you find a catch can that would work ? Would the remote mounted JLT work (3030P) ?
Sponsored