Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Oh nice thanks for the reply. I was actually thinking if this intake would be a good option to run with a different tune like kind for example? Seems like a much better piece than any of the aftermarket intakes I’ve seen and was wondering if it was larger MAF diameter as well. But thank you for your response that really helped.

I've already checked with vmp and Lund, both say bullitt MAF and CAI wouldn't yield any significant performance benefits over a 18+ stock setup.

To use the Bullitt MAF and CAI and get better results than stock you'd probably have to get rid of the throttle body adapter and yourself a gt350 manifold or even better a ported one. But at that point if you really want gains you might as well just save up for boost instead of spending thousands on minimal gain hardware.
Sponsored

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've already checked with vmp and Lund, both say bullitt MAF and CAI wouldn't yield any significant performance benefits over a 18+ stock setup.

To use the Bullitt MAF and CAI and get better results than stock you'd probably have to get rid of the throttle body adapter and yourself a gt350 manifold or even better a ported one. But at that point if you really want gains you might as well just save up for boost instead of spending thousands on minimal gain hardware.
I pretty much came to the same conclusion. Not worth the money for the gain. But if anyone is interested in the Bullitt TB and spacer look at summit racing... they had the cheapest price that I found.
186 for the TB
88 for the adapter

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
Is the stock tune stored on the Procal 4 so you can return car to stock tune? Just wondering if kit can be resold as used if I decide to go with a supercharger later.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Is the stock tune stored on the Procal 4 so you can return car to stock tune? Just wondering if kit can be resold as used if I decide to go with a supercharger later.
That's a good question. The stock tune does get stored in the pro Cal so you can revert back to stock. Obviously the hardware can be taken off and sold as used but I don't know if the tune voucher can be transferred and used on another car. This would be a good question to ask the Ford performance team. I know aftermarket tunes are pretty much locked only to one car and if you sell the tuner they have to purchase their own tuning service.

However Ford performance doesn't sell individual tune vouchers (I already asked). You should probably ask them if you can transfer the voucher to a different car. Or anyone here that has already installed it, does the pro Cal allow you to install the tune on a separate vehicle?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That's a good question. The stock tune does get stored in the pro Cal so you can revert back to stock. Obviously the hardware can be taken off and sold as used but I don't know if the tune voucher can be transferred and used on another car. This would be a good question to ask the Ford performance team. I know aftermarket tunes are pretty much locked only to one car and if you sell the tuner they have to purchase their own tuning service.

However Ford performance doesn't sell individual tune vouchers (I already asked). You should probably ask them if you can transfer the voucher to a different car. Or anyone here that has already installed it, does the pro Cal allow you to install the tune on a separate vehicle?
The primary selling point for the FPP is warranty due to lower performance / gains than custom tuning. Since the warranty would not transfer between vehicles I just cannot see a high demand for a used version.

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
On my 2013, the tune was also stored on the procal, just like other tuning devices. The instructions for this tune talks about also backing up tune with FORD. Obviously your dealer can always reflash ECM, don't ask how i know. With the older procals, ford would buy back for $75, which included the tune which was on a chip. I do not believe you can move the tune from one vehicle to the other, but not sure.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Installed but not yet driven.

The install is pretty easy. I didn't have to go thru the inter fender to remove the sound symposer assembly.

The angle of the throttle body and thus the intake hose wasn't ideal to match the air "box" or the inlet rubber is not flexible enough to make it all line up nicely.
Perhaps after a few heat cycles it will soften or conform to the position.

The pad on the side of the air box and interface to the air box is also a little wonky.

Rerouted brake booster hose and crankcase vent are also not ideal. Note per the instructions you have to modify the plastic engine dress cover.

I had plenty of wire harness length to connect to the MAF. Instructions say you may need to lengthen the harness.

Hood is a little harder to close. Is it flexing a little and increased the gap?

I would like to see others installs to see if they had similar experience/results.
IMG_0715[1].JPG
IMG_0716[1].JPG
IMG_0717[1].JPG
Thanks for your observations about the install. I will take some before and after shots of the hood to see if I have similar issues. Currently mine is lined up pretty well, though I’ve seen people add some washers to help their alignment. Hoping to find time this weekend.

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Installed and drove today. Felt much smoother, much more power under acceleration and it's more enthusiastic to kick out the rear on the wet roads I was on. Normal mode feels more like Sport+ now, and Sport+/Track is just an absolute blast. It sounds louder under WOT and I've noticed a lot more rumbling and pops when I put in the clutch or engine brake (pairs nicely with my AWE Touring Catback). The throttle comes on much sooner and definitely feels like a quicker response, more inline with how the throttle cable felt on my 1996 Mustang GT.

Install was simple, I had previously literally yanked the sound symposer out with a delete kit, so it was just a matter of swapping the throttle body, switching out the MAF bracket to the new equipment and bolting everything on. The calibration tool was extremely simple as well, update it via the ProCal4 software on your PC, then plug into the OBDII port and store the stock calibration (it makes you do this, I don't think you can even put the performance calibration on it without storing the stock tune and uploading to Ford Performance Parts cloud servers first). Once the stock calibration is done being written (in addition to the tool taking your VIN for the computer software) after about 30-40 minutes, plug back into your PC. It will have you log in to the account you create on the performanceparts.ford.com website and type in your voucher ID. It will automatically download the performance calibration to the tool. Then, simply plug it back into the OBDII port, and select Programming. The Performance Calibration will be one of the options along with the Stock Calibration.

The ProCal4 tool also has some neat features that I noticed on the user guide, such as the ability to set your tire width and gear ratio settings on your PCM directly from the tool. You can also of course diagnose and clear and DTCs.

I didn't notice any spacing issues with the hood closed, but I can take a better look once I get home from work. I also removed the engine cover the same day I bought the car, so that was a non-factor for me.

EDIT: I took another look today at the front of the car with the hood closed, I didn't notice the corner with the intake bulging due to spacing.
20200501_113846.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
This is great, I’d love to hear more reviews. Much more power huh? Didn’t think it would be much of a difference honestly

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is great, I’d love to hear more reviews. Much more power huh? Didn’t think it would be much of a difference honestly
From a quantitative standpoint it's not much more, but you can definitely feel a difference while driving it.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to see a good comparison of this vs a Roush Performance Pack Level 1

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to see a good comparison of this vs a Roush Performance Pack Level 1
I'd love to see the dyno graphs as well for this, but the reason I went with this over the Roush option was the +42ft-lb of torque at 2000 rpm provided by the Ford Performance option. Both peak around 20.

Edit: Corrected the power numbers for the Ford Performance option

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Have we seen a before and after dyno yet?
Sponsored