Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Installed today and they did pickup & delivery. Unfortunately, it’s raining cats & dogs so no joyriding yet. I’ve only driven it 10 feet to move it.
Let us know your thoughts on it when you can please
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Installed today and they did pickup & delivery. Unfortunately, it’s raining cats & dogs so no joyriding yet. I’ve only driven it 10 feet to move it.
Can't wait to hear your review , your the first person I've heard who has i
Any update on this?

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Can't wait to hear your review , your the first person I've heard who has i

Any update on this?
Long day at workfromhome and I only had about 45 minutes to play. First the pics:

View media item 17215View media item 17214
The dealership did a great job. Butt-Dyno is happy! Normal Drive Mode feels like Sport Mode but with silky-smooth downshifts. The manual says to give it some time to learn, but I didn't feel any jerkiness at all. It's definitely smoother than it was before. Sport Mode is still obnoxious...in a good way. It also feels smoother.

"Angry & Smooth" is the best way to describe this engine now.

And yeah, you'll definitely feel & hear that added torque when you get on it. Cruising around under 2000 RPM still feels the same, so don't worry about traffic. IATs were also fine. It was 64 degrees today and IAT never got over 77. When moving, it hovered around 72.

The Procal Tool is pretty cool but I can't get the gauges to work. I contacted Ford Performance and they're aware of the issue and are working on it.

Edit: I figured out why the Ford Performance Oil Separator bracket was removed. It all won't fit in that tight spot. Neither will my JLT 3.0. I'll play around with that more this weekend.

Last edited:

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I'm not really liking the way it looks. From what Ford told me is that the cold air intake is the same one from the Bullitt but with some modifications. Seeing the finished setup I can see the changes they made...... It's kinda ugly to be honest but I totally understand why they made the changes.

I'm pretty sure the Bullitt CAI would sit under that engine cover and the weatherstripping wouldn't be able to seal against the hood so it looks like the made the CAI a little taller with a shorter weatherstrip and molded it around the engine cover.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Btw can we see the pro Cal turned on? Does it have a modern interface or does it look like a generic scan tool interface?

Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey Raydog1, thnx for the info and looking forward to more updates. Might be hard to pass this up. Btw, could you tell me if the intake/filter assy is sitting directly under the hood vent.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I'm not really liking the way it looks. From what Ford told me is that the cold air intake is the same one from the Bullitt but with some modifications. Seeing the finished setup I can see the changes they made...... It's kinda ugly to be honest but I totally understand why they made the changes.

I'm pretty sure the Bullitt CAI would sit under that engine cover and the weatherstripping wouldn't be able to seal against the hood so it looks like the made the CAI a little taller with a shorter weatherstrip and molded it around the engine cover.
I agree. Not pretty, but it looks like it was well thought out. Zero fitment issues.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Hey Raydog1, thnx for the info and looking forward to more updates. Might be hard to pass this up. Btw, could you tell me if the intake/filter assy is sitting directly under the hood vent.
Btw can we see the pro Cal turned on? Does it have a modern interface or does it look like a generic scan tool interface?
It's all touch screen. It took me a few minutes to figure out navigation. You use a combination of presses, swipes, scrolling, and holding down to delete all with your finger. It's annoying until you get the hang of it. iPhone quality it AIN'T!

View media item 17221View media item 17220View media item 17225View media item 17223View media item 17222View media item 17224

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Still like the ford performance logo on it and will look even nicer sporting the optional FP blue dry filter.

I used a yellow sharpie oil pen to paint the raised warning symbols in the engine bay, maybe try doing this in blue or red for Ford Performance if I ever get this pack.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
How did the install process work for you, Did you send the kit to dealer and did you have to download the tunes yourself first or the Dealer did the registration and downloading?

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
How did the install process work for you, Did you send the kit to dealer and did you have to download the tunes yourself first or the Dealer did the registration and downloading?
The dealer handled everything from ordering to installing. I assume they followed the instructions on the FPP site. All I did was hand them the keys when they arrived to pick up the car and paid when they texted me the payment link.
Sponsored