Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The one thing missing in kit, is the ford performance blue air filter
I actually don't mind the paper. Paper filters better so a cone paper filter is something I'm happy to have with all the crap construction and dust around me.
Sponsored

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'd like to hear another review too, just for one other opinion. What I would really love is to see some before and after 1/4 mile results.

I'm stuck weighing the whole cutting down the warranty 2 years thing since I will be paying on it for well beyond that lol. Am I the only one that thinks its kinda BS that it does cut it down 2 years. Like 20 more HP and TQ is some drastic thing that ford is like whoa, 20 more HP!!!! The car can only handle that for 3 years max, after that we dont want to be on the line!

What about paying to get installed? Whats a fair price? And if the worst part is pulling the sound tube, cant we do it first and they can do the rest to cut down on labor time?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So it basically means if you got your car in January 2018 or even late 2017 (when they I think started shipping), you can have a year to 6 months of the 3/36k warranty left since it starts at the original sale date of the car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to hear another review too, just for one other opinion. What I would really love is to see some before and after 1/4 mile results.

I'm stuck weighing the whole cutting down the warranty 2 years thing since I will be paying on it for well beyond that lol. Am I the only one that thinks its kinda BS that it does cut it down 2 years. Like 20 more HP and TQ is some drastic thing that ford is like whoa, 20 more HP!!!! The car can only handle that for 3 years max, after that we dont want to be on the line!

What about paying to get installed? Whats a fair price? And if the worst part is pulling the sound tube, cant we do it first and they can do the rest to cut down on labor time?
I have MBI with my insurance for 2/40 past the 5/60 powertrain, It wont cover the aftermarket part, but will cover the engine even if dealer felt aftermarket part was the culprit, if installed by a dealer?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
My other thought is - if someone ends up with couple of months of the 3/36 warranty left (I'd have little over a year since I bought my car in August'18, have the pack on order from Levittown Ford), I don't see a lot of sense in paying a dealer to do it especially that installation is quite trivial and literally anyone could do it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
$951.50 plus free shipping, see levittown vendor post.
They had a pricing error and later corrected it to $1,008. Anyone who purchased at the 951 price point had their sale honored (explained in a later post). The free shipping still applies with the coupon code.

Sponsored

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Installed but not yet driven.

The install is pretty easy. I didn't have to go thru the inter fender to remove the sound symposer assembly.

The angle of the throttle body and thus the intake hose wasn't ideal to match the air "box" or the inlet rubber is not flexible enough to make it all line up nicely.
Perhaps after a few heat cycles it will soften or conform to the position.

The pad on the side of the air box and interface to the air box is also a little wonky.

Rerouted brake booster hose and crankcase vent are also not ideal. Note per the instructions you have to modify the plastic engine dress cover.

I had plenty of wire harness length to connect to the MAF. Instructions say you may need to lengthen the harness.

Hood is a little harder to close. Is it flexing a little and increased the gap?

I would like to see others installs to see if they had similar experience/results.
IMG_0715[1].JPG
IMG_0716[1].JPG
IMG_0717[1].JPG

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I have MBI with my insurance for 2/40 past the 5/60 powertrain, It wont cover the aftermarket part, but will cover the engine even if dealer felt aftermarket part was the culprit, if installed by a dealer?
It's saying the opposite. If you're passed the 3/36 and the dealer finds the aftermarket part the culprit then you can be denied. A pdf file was posted in one of the topics asking about this that broke down the dealer's diagnostic process. I think it was if codes are present pull codes, if codes explain problem then repair under warranty. If codes don't explain the problem and the aftermarket parts are suspect then it's not under warranty. If no codes then same as the above. It then gave a list of common internal engine failures and aftermarket parts that are typically installed.

The throttle body and air intake with a proper tune have extremely low odds of causing a failure unless there was already an underlying issue that was a ticking time bomb. Whether or not this is repaired is up to how much your dealer likes you, how busy they are, the mood of the tech, what have you.

I am spending the extra premium for the power pack because I, personally, feel that Ford takes some extra steps to make sure their tune will not cause a failure. This is why people say Ford tunes are conservative.

An analogy, if you're a computer person, is overclocking a cpu (this is a generalization so no one jump on me). An aftermarket tune is like overclocking your cpu as high as you can without causing it to fail to boot up, stress testing it a couple of times, and calling it a day. You then later find out that your pc will crash but only in very specific circumstances or just playing one or two specific games. Instead of lowering the clock speed or fine tuning it, you leave it be because those juicy ghz numbers look good in cpuz.

A Ford tune, on the other hand, is like downclocking your cpu so it's stable in every single foreseeable scenario to ensure longevity. Sure, your framerate isn't as high as it could be in some games, but you have peace of mind that it won't crash.

That was longer than I expected but it's already written. This pack is going to be fun but I really doubt it will transform the car. If anyone is that concerned with their warranty then it may be better to leave it be. It's not like these cars aren't already fast.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Anybody know if the MAF diameter and tubing diameter is larger than stock 18 intake? Would love to know, seems like a great intake it’s amazing how much better quality it looks over other intakes.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Anybody know if the MAF diameter and tubing diameter is larger than stock 18 intake? Would love to know, seems like a great intake it’s amazing how much better quality it looks over other intakes.
It's different, I'm not sure if the actual MAF housing is a different size but it's certainly has a different MAF frequency and requires a tune.

It's the exact same size as the bullitt according to Ford performance.

I had a Bullitt CAI and it also requires a tune to work. A Roush MAF insert for example doesn't fit into the tube to even be able to reach the MAF housing which is larger in diameter than the opening itself.

Anyways if your plan was to run this without a tune, it's a no go. It requires a tune. You can get this kit for about 1000 bucks, for comparison a Bullitt CAI cost about 600, plus 250 for the throttle body, and another 100 for the adapter....

That's $950 plus tax and shipping in just parts WITHOUT a tune!!! Let's say you can get 30% off wholesale discount that's still over $600 in parts.

Another $600 for ngauge and tune. That's probably over $1200. Which is $200 more than this kit cost after tax and shipping.

If you wanna keep your warranty get this kit, if not then there's plenty of alternatives. If you don't plan on tuning there's no point in spending money on parts that offer no performance boost.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Oh nice thanks for the reply. I was actually thinking if this intake would be a good option to run with a different tune like kind for example? Seems like a much better piece than any of the aftermarket intakes I’ve seen and was wondering if it was larger MAF diameter as well. But thank you for your response that really helped.

It's different, I'm not sure if the actual MAF housing is a different size but it's certainly has a different MAF frequency and requires a tune.

It's the exact same size as the bullitt according to Ford performance.

I had a Bullitt CAI and it also requires a tune to work. A Roush MAF insert for example doesn't fit into the tube to even be able to reach the MAF housing which is larger in diameter than the opening itself.

Anyways if your plan was to run this without a tune, it's a no go. It requires a tune. You can get this kit for about 1000 bucks, for comparison a Bullitt CAI cost about 600, plus 250 for the throttle body, and another 100 for the adapter....

That's $950 plus tax and shipping in just parts WITHOUT a tune!!! Let's say you can get 30% off wholesale discount that's still over $600 in parts.

Another $600 for ngauge and tune. That's probably over $1200. Which is $200 more than this kit cost after tax and shipping.

If you wanna keep your warranty get this kit, if not then there's plenty of alternatives. If you don't plan on tuning there's no point in spending money on parts that offer no performance boost.
Sponsored