A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Well yes I know its a fan issue as the fan is what is not operating correctly , but the fan runs on the same system. Thus why I posed the question to see if anybody else was experiencing the same thing.
I have the same issue. There's another thread about it but still no solution.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/hvac-fan-speed-variation.60128/

Mine seems to have a mind of it's own. It seems to work fine on level 1,2,3 but if I go to 4,5, 6 etc (I did the Sync 3 swap). It will blow that speed but if I want to turn it down. It won't do anything.
I have to turn it off and back on. It's really annoying but it still blows ICE cold so I'm crossing my fingers I never have the Evap core problem.
Sponsored

Rich-2016 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My car is at a different dealer as we speak to get a second opinion, I have spoken to Ford directly and the manager seems to be willing to offer some support. So hopefully it was misdiagnosed, I too really like my car, fun to drive but an A/c failure a month out of warranty for such a wide spread issue just a bad experience. My hood was replaced and also have had the wiper spray jets replaced three of four times. I also have the nittos and cant get them balanced correctly which is nothing to do with Ford. It just seems I am constantly getting the car serviced. I just want to drive the car.

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium Coupe
Mine went out at 65k but I had an accident and, the body shop, non-Ford) replaced the line and charged it for free. No problems for over a month jn this toasty Charlotte weather,

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just an FYI, the prior Ford TSB 18-2166 has been superseded by this attached TSB 18-2256. It applies to the 2015-2017 S550’s.

Attachments

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you have a 2017 S550, the attached TSB 18-2006 applies to only the 2017’s.

Attachments

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So, this still not covered under warranty?
From page 1 of the TSB. If your car is under warranty, then it's covered.

Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP coverage
limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by theidentified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just an FYI, the prior Ford TSB 18-2166 has been superseded by this attached TSB 18-2256. It applies to the 2015-2017 S550’s.
I hadn't looked at any of these TSBs before but now I'm confused. I read several places that the reason Ford originally called for replacing everything as a unit was because the evaporator core was inside the sealed unit and you would have to cut it open to get to it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I hadn't looked at any of these TSBs before but now I'm confused. I read several places that the reason Ford originally called for replacing everything as a unit was because the evaporator core was inside the sealed unit and you would have to cut it open to get to it.
Yep, but the updated TSB shows how to do it by opening up the unit and just replacing the evaporator core. Ford was probably paying out lots of warranty money, and some Ford engineer figured out how to save some cost by just replacing the core.

Red_Stang_777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shashi
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Looks like I'm a victim to this as well.

Would I be right in saying warm/ambient air from the driver side and cold air from passenger vents would be a common symptom?

I'm in Europe, so this is gonna be a fun fix. Not.

Hello, how did you manage to fix yours? I have an EU model as well with same problem.

Cheers.

Sponsored

arfabe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Is this issue affecting 2017's as well? I read through a few pages (not 110 of them!) and see mostly people with 2015-2016 cars with this issue.

Mine is a later 2017 build (February 2017) and I'm nearing the end of my 3/36, though I did buy it CPO and have that extra year of warranty... anyone know if the CPO additional year covers the evap core issues?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Later the better. Thankfully mine took a shit when I had 5 months of warranty left. There was no warning. Drove it to the track and parked it, a few hours later drove home no AC. A real bummer at 7k miles.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Is this issue affecting 2017's as well?
Yes. I have a CPO 2017 and I've had my evaporator replaced at 12K miles and again at 38K. The second time I had to pay the CPO deductible since I was just out of the factory warranty.

Last edited:

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Jesus I can't believe this thread is 111 pages long.

My compressor was replaced at about 6k and I sprung for the ESP warranty before mine 36 month expired. We shall see.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
My AC went out a few weeks ago. I also noticed the radiator fan won’t kick on. I’ve tested all the fuses and relays, and manually tested the fans which do work. Is the radiator fan not working related to the AC not working?

Engine temps don’t go higher than 220 on a warm day while idle. I checked ECT via the obd2 and got a reading on engine coolant temps. Does anyone know when the radiator fans would kick on? I’m more concerned with my engine overheating than cold air at this point.
Sponsored

Last edited: