Sponsored

HVAC FAN SPEED VARIATION

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Does anyone else have this issue? When the AC is running, intermittently, the fan speed will increase, decrease, increase, decrease

I don't remember the car doing this until somewhat recently, and it seems to be getting worse...but I am not 100% sure...it may have done this from day one...

Anyone else?
Sponsored

bradleyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Does anyone else have this issue? When the AC is running, intermittently, the fan speed will increase, decrease, increase, decrease

I don't remember the car doing this until somewhat recently, and it seems to be getting worse...but I am not 100% sure...it may have done this from day one...

Anyone else?
I have this issue as well, as well as the A/C just not working very well.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I occasionally notice what sounds like the fan speed increasing or decreasing(usually increasing after a few minutes of driving), although I suppose it could also be some kind of flapper redirecting airflow. I just assumed it was making small changes to optimize how the system cools down or something.

No problems with cold air though, I'm pretty happy with the system overall. But I definitely hear some changes while I'm driving and not changing any settings.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
It slows down when you make a phone call, then goes back up when you hang up. Kinda neat feature to keep the noise down.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I have this issue as well, as well as the A/C just not working very well.
That kind of a statement is entirely open to interpretation; "not working well" for one person is "working perfectly" for another.

Here's an idea:

Buy a cheap cooking thermometer from Wal-Mart, and when you think the A/C "isn't working well", stick it in the vent and measure the temperature with the A/C on full cold/recirculation. Give it a couple minutes to get an accurate reading, then record the ambient temperature, and post both on here.

Sponsored

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is a known issue. I think there's even a TSB. Ford has tried several different "fixes". Some people get the control module replaced, some get the fan replaced. I don't think the "fix" is truly known. I do know it has been an issue with both the base model and the premium cars with climate control.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Having the same issue but my ac overall works great. I'm in phoenix and it is monsoon season. What is the tsb number. Didn't see the tsb online for this

Spitz_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2017 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pkg.
My brand new 2017 GT Premium has this issue. And my forum search has led me here thus far. Has anyone found a TSB number for this yet?

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Any new news or updates on this issue? Anyone actually get it fixed? Mine has started doing it lately...

Sponsored

Nylesw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Ram 1500 5.7, Mustang GT premium 17' Silver
My 17 does this. I think mine is at different temps it ramps down or up. If I turn the temp when it is doing it it will correct. Might be a way it helps with temp control. Car seems to hold temp fine so at this time it's a acceptable behavior

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Does anyone have issues where the fan speed increases with actual vehicle speed?

I can drop a gear and pass a car or two and next thing I know my air is kicked up multiple notches too. Annoying as hell

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Fan speed will decrease when on a bluetooth call. Also, check your cabin air filter.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If it's of any help, I've had the variable fan thing since I bought my '15 Base GT a couple years back. After installing an Android Head unit that actually communicates with the HVAC system, it pops up whenever you change something, like fan speed, direction, etc.

Well, any time the fan speed does it's little up/down thing, that popup comes on the screen too.

I decided to take it back apart, and look at the circuit board built in to the "Media Center" or whatever Ford calls the radio, and I believe the issue is in that board- the one with the radio components.
Sponsored