Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Is the evaporator issue a function of how much AC is used or just a hit and miss thing?
I live in a climate where AC is not needed that often, so maybe I’ll just roll the window down if it’s a matter of how often it’s used.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is the evaporator issue a function of how much AC is used or just a hit and miss thing?
I live in a climate where AC is not needed that often, so maybe I’ll just roll the window down if it’s a matter of how often it’s used.
When many reports were coming in, it did seem like most of the people reporting failed evaporators did live in the hotter southern areas of the country. My guess is more and more thermal cycling of the A/C system is what causes the evaporator to crack and leak out the Freon.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When many reports were coming in, it did seem like most of the people reporting failed evaporators did live in the hotter southern areas of the country. My guess is more and more thermal cycling of the A/C system is what causes the evaporator to crack and leak out the Freon.
Thanks, makes me feel a bit better!

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Been refilling mine with AC pro for the last year. Usually only have to refill it once before the winter, but several times during the summer down here in Tampa, FL.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been refilling mine with AC pro for the last year. Usually only have to refill it once before the winter, but several times during the summer down here in Tampa, FL.
That does seem to confirm the problem is dependant on usage.

Sponsored

Astroninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2007 Suzuki GSXR-600
Evap core went on my 17 ecoboost. Had it replaced a little over a week ago. $2000 out of pocket cause it was out of warranty. Took the hit and decided to move on and be done with it. Less than a week later the AC is blowing hot again! Needless to say, I'm livid. I'm thinking that the core was not replaced with an updated and more reliable version (will have to edit later with exact part number). Where can I file an official complaint either with Ford or elsewhere?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evap core went on my 17 ecoboost. Had it replaced a little over a week ago. $2000 out of pocket cause it was out of warranty. Took the hit and decided to move on and be done with it. Less than a week later the AC is blowing hot again! Needless to say, I'm livid. I'm thinking that the core was not replaced with an updated and more reliable version (will have to edit later with exact part number). Where can I file an official complaint either with Ford or elsewhere?
Take it back to the dealer that did the work and have them fix their "come back" like it should have correctly been fixed in the first place. All Ford parts have a 1 year warranty, not sure about labor.

If the dealer won't fix it right for free then contact Ford directly - contact info in the owner's manual.

Astroninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take it back to the dealer that did the work and have them fix their "come back" like it should have correctly been fixed in the first place. All Ford parts have a 1 year warranty, not sure about labor.

If the dealer won't fix it right for free then contact Ford directly - contact info in the owner's manual.
Definitely taking it back to the dealer. Problem is I'm out of town until next week. There's no way I'm paying for the labor on that again.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I still have a brand new take out core i would love to clear some space

Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does the AC affect the heater as well? My AC is out, has been since ive owned it.
As of last night, the drivers side (RHD) is blowing cold air on heat mode but the passenger is getting full heater control on there vents. Is this just blend door or does AC effect this??? The ac light isn't on, so would have thought not.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the AC affect the heater as well? My AC is out, has been since ive owned it.
As of last night, the drivers side (RHD) is blowing cold air on heat mode but the passenger is getting full heater control on there vents. Is this just blend door or does AC effect this??? The ac light isn't on, so would have thought not.
A/C system would not effect the heater function, so it's probably blend door issues.

Last edited:

Astroninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now the dealer is telling me that my condenser is bad. I'll probably do it myself. They're trying to squeeze another $700 out of me. At least this time around the refrigerant will run through the system it's just leaking through the cracked condenser.
Definitely taking it back to the dealer. Problem is I'm out of town until next week. There's no way I'm paying for the labor on that again.

runpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I have a 2017 S550. Mileage 13K. Bought it early 2018, so still under warranty. Recently turned on AC, and found out it only blows warm air. Took it into the dealer today, waiting to see what the problem is.
Sponsored