Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Right so you were forcing the tire carcass to be your suspension and it was giving out.
possibly, OTOH it was a killer setup with the right tire at Nationals. (a soft squishy yokohama tire). I think Fletcher runs a 650# front spring too. I think he’s a little lower than I am although its hard to tell with his swapped bumper.

i almost want to try toying with spring rubbers but there isn’t much time before september so I may just gamble on another spring change.

i’m trying to understand why the original owner of these coilovers had a 6” #650 spring with a 3” helper when it looks like a 7” spring would be sufficient. Maybe just wanted that extra margin of length, idk. The 7” spring should have more usable travel. My current 500# spring is a 7” and seems to work fine, but its darn close to running out of length when the suspension is at full droop. I really juat want to split the difference with a575# spring but gonna have to choose between #550,600,650.

i do really like the #500 spring in sweepers, just slightly less so getting in and out of fast transitions
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
My front Koni yellows are folding due to brake torque (Both of them). I sent an email requesting warranty coverage for this and have “engineered” a piece of metal to go under the upper bolt and maybe prevent this from re-occurring.

hopefully they just cover it. Otherwise I need to make decisions on the front suspension.

What coilovers are the happy balance of cost, robustness and performance these days? I would normally go for redshift but fear they might not deliver due to financial distress.

IMG_8709.jpeg

IMG_8731.jpeg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Koni bent like that, but it was when a spindle bolt came loose and it wasn't secured.

I have a ProParts Megan special, and a friend got a set too a while back. IIRC they're a good price, and a great value. You're going to have to call Jeff Wong, I don't think its on the site, and lead times might be longer than you like. He's a nice guy but not great about communication on that side of the sale.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My front Koni yellows are folding due to brake torque (Both of them). I sent an email requesting warranty coverage for this and have “engineered” a piece of metal to go under the upper bolt and maybe prevent this from re-occurring.

hopefully they just cover it. Otherwise I need to make decisions on the front suspension.

What coilovers are the happy balance of cost, robustness and performance these days? I would normally go for redshift but fear they might not deliver due to financial distress.
Two shops that come to my mind to check out for suspension setups are @Stranoparts and Vorshlag.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wow, so Nationals sells out in just hours??? This reminds me of Idaho OTC elk tags. Why are all the fun hobbies so dang popular?

Two of our local CAM guys (Fletcher and Illick), who are regulars to Nationals are already wait listed. Crazy.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got in when there were already 900+ signed up. Totally forgot about it but fortunately someone posted a reminder on our Regions FB page.

I would expect at least 10% of the people that are signed up now will have to cancel. So the wait list folks will probably get a shot.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wow, so Nationals sells out in just hours??? This reminds me of Idaho OTC elk tags. Why are all the fun hobbies so dang popular?

Two of our local CAM guys (Fletcher and Illick), who are regulars to Nationals are already wait listed. Crazy.
Yeah - I was ready at 4pm - it wasn't Toledo Pro Solo F5 battle but I was not leaving it to chance.

Where are you though ? Not coming ? I think lots of people will drop off. Most if not all on current wait-list will likely get in.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah - I was ready at 4pm - it wasn't Toledo Pro Solo F5 battle but I was not leaving it to chance.

Where are you though ? Not coming ? I think lots of people will drop off. Most if not all on current wait-list will likely get in.
Opening day of elk hunting is the same weekend as nats. So I'm in the mountains in central Colorado.

Maybe one year I'll figure out how to do both in the same year.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Elks will still be there next year I'm pretty sure, Solo Nats in Lincoln may not be....
But I understand.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Elks will still be there next year I'm pretty sure, Solo Nats in Lincoln may not be....
But I understand.
Lol, yeah, but 400 lbs of delicious meat will not be in my freezer for another year though! Much less my escape from Houston heat for a week, and peace and quiet for 9 days.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Best part about winning CAMC last year is being able to register Tier 2 before the Tier 3 floodgates open 😎

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have to say Bristol was quite eventful - probably most I've ever been to (so far).

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So I've heard...

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
How so? Lots of challenges to cars breaking rules or something with the course or timing and scoring?
Sponsored