SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Regardless of anything else, it looks like a pretty cool car and the guy building it seems fun on FB. I wish I could have a couple of you guys drive my car in anger. Taking 200# off the nose is no joke. Ya, it sounds like an old Minneapolis-Moline tractor, but it's got a hell of a front-end on it. You can do some pretty silly things behind the wheel and get away with it. I've never driven the Coyote, but that extra weight is bound to take its toll, particularly the recovery once you overstep the grip.
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Are you aware of the “fly and drive?” Register for a Nats event, post here and see who wants to fly and drive.

not me unfortunately, small kids.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Are you aware of the “fly and drive?” Register for a Nats event, post here and see who wants to fly and drive.

not me unfortunately, small kids.
That's a good idea that I haven't considered, but my first goal is to drive my own car more often. I spend a lot of weekends away from home.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Was it Austin driving at Beeville? I only saw day 1 results and that he definitely wasn't top 4. I know the car itself wasn't top 4 as of Saturday.
Yeah Austin drove last Beeville event (southwest divisional). They did a lot of DCS shock tuning between day one and day two and Austin was improving with those updates. Eric Sutton, my codriver, and I had the top three spots. I would have won and had the raw times both days, but coned all three runs on day 1, which was a real setback :)

Austin had the 3rd fastest time on day 2... only 2/10ths behind my codriver, and 8/10ths behind my fast flier run. He beat Sutton's day 2 time. I think the first day was his first time in the car.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Is Baer and Steeda the only 2 suppliers of 2-piece discs for the GT 14" front brakes?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Trophied at Toledo Pro. Now, if I could just stop hitting cones so I don't throw away 1.1 second faster run (that would've out me in a 2nd place behind Sam), that would be really great.

Really came down to today's 4 runs, yesterday was half wet course (and I managed to hit every wet spot on both courses because why adjust a line) after morning storm and lightning delays.

Other interesting thing - Ukrainian registered An-12.

PXL_20220722_222819750.jpg

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Welp, as anyone who knows me "personally"/on FB is aware. My car will be up for sale after Nats. If I didn't have a co-driver agreement, I'd be selling/trading it now.

Jumping ship to a CS Miata (about 99.5% sure) for the foreseeable future.

I guess I get to wring it out a few more times. I have a local event, a T&T at Beeville and then Nats. Hopefully by Oct, I will have the new car so I can get some baseline runs in preparation for next season.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, as anyone who knows me "personally"/on FB is aware. My car will be up for sale after Nats. If I didn't have a co-driver agreement, I'd be selling/trading it now.

Jumping ship to a CS Miata (about 99.5% sure) for the foreseeable future.

I guess I get to wring it out a few more times. I have a local event, a T&T at Beeville and then Nats. Hopefully by Oct, I will have the new car so I can get some baseline runs in preparation for next season.
Make sure post in the Spokes and SASCA pages when you're ready. I know a couple of guys who might be tempted.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Make sure post in the Spokes and SASCA pages when you're ready. I know a couple of guys who might be tempted.
Yeah, I have it posted right now in other places, I'll throw it in there to chum the water.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
Yeah, I've been waiting for your's to hopefully get snapped up, prior to posting mine. Not 100% sure on mine yet, but probably 98%. My work on mine will pale in comparison to yours, so someone would need to put some time in and a good bit of $$$ to have what your's already has.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I did facebook stalk your car for sale:like:. Definitely lots done to it. Going to be a good car for someone.

BTW, if you aren't sold on the Miata route, Jeff Haas Mazda on Katy Freeway has a slightly used 2022 BRZ sitting on the lot now. But it's nearly $40k. Which is insane in my mind.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I did facebook stalk your car for sale:like:. Definitely lots done to it. Going to be a good car for someone.

BTW, if you aren't sold on the Miata route, Jeff Haas Mazda on Katy Freeway has a slightly used 2022 BRZ sitting on the lot now. But it's nearly $40k. Which is insane in my mind.
I'm set. I took that BRZ for a drive after test-driving a Miata. OK car, but the Miata got my attention more. The price on the other hand is not conducive to selling seeing how the Order banks for the BRZ opened today.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Given shitshow going on with GR86/BRZ don't think that would be a wise choice (Subaru seems to be better about it from cases I've heard about but still you end up with a disabled car).
Sponsored