SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Someone was complaining about the slider rear caliper on everything but Shelby's not too long ago.

For a little perspective, I saw an M4 ClubSport at the grocery store the other day. It's got 6-piston calipers on the front and a slider caliper on the rear, too. After seeing that, I think maybe I shouldn't worry too much about them. I might check out the mounting. When I ran 73mm SVO calipers on my ESP Fox-body (back with dinosaurs and shit), I turned some little stainless steel sleeves which deflected a hell of a lot less than the rubber inserts they replaced. This helped quite a bit with the taper wear on the pads, even if they were a big cast-iron POS.
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Car is getting "parted out" this weekend. Really just taking off the aero and dampers. Gonna trade/sell with all the other "good parts" on it. Someone is gonna get a surprise.

Hope to be in a Miata by end of month.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Sticking weight exactly where I don't want it really rubs me the wrong way, though. If there was any way to get this little piggy to minimum, it'd be a rocketship.
cross drill the rotors with like 3/8" drill bit. :)
Oh you want to retain the thermal capacity? There's not pleasing some people.

Oh wait, can't you just dumpster dive and pick up some Porsche or Caddy/Daytona/LMP rotors that are no longer fit for purpose? Slap them on a lathe and machine to size...

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Can I use this, yet?

1660595433319.png

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Car is getting "parted out" this weekend. Really just taking off the aero and dampers. Gonna trade/sell with all the other "good parts" on it. Someone is gonna get a surprise.

Hope to be in a Miata by end of month.
We might need to talk about those Schroth belts.

When you get a couple outings in the Miata, I'd like to hear what it's like. I bet they're pretty damned fun. They certainly look like it.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have Schroth Quickfit (driver only, '15-'17 version so requires different rear belt buckle which I also should have somewhere for later cars) somewhere in the garage - if you're interested.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
15-'17 version so requires different rear belt buckle which I also should have somewhere for later cars)
I supposedly have 2-4 of them as well. New in a box somewhere.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

When you get a couple outings in the Miata, I'd like to hear what it's like. I bet they're pretty damned fun. They certainly look like it.
It's available.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
So running CS at Nats to break it in ? You should totally do it, maybe cancellation is reversible.
I should say that the potential to be in a Miata by end of month is possible. The car I kinda want (just have to see if I fit in Miata Recaros) will be running Nats (and potentially winning). But If I can't fit, then I'm going to see what is out there. My car should be gone by the 27th or so if all things go right.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... I'm starting to trust the 315's enough to get the back end rotated when I need it to be. It felt great this weekend with like 55 runs on the RT660's. Ryan still took me down by almost a second. I finally, in the last run, got wide enough to take the finish like we talked about, and took, 3-4 tenths off the last sector. I'm bringing a set of 18x10.5's with some new 295/40 RT660's on them, to nats, that I picked up relatively cheap, so it will be a dilemma as to which set to run. I'll scrub in the 295's in the test and tune, maybe. Lot's of room to make a bad choice on tires. A set cycled out, or a set with too much sidewall that are not as wide.

I remember a lot of hard braking, and transition to power when I had the WRX prepped for STX pretty well, but intuitively, it feels slower to me to do that, than mostly trail braking in the GT, and just trying to be uber smooth.
With the power in a 180 corner, I do slow down more to get turned quicker and then get back up to speed.For sites like Beeville usually have 2 or so 180 turnarounds where this comes into play.

On wider corners where the sweeper is the thing and an acceleration zone doesn’t follow, then ya I just try to find a wide line and raise the minimum speed.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
With the power in a 180 corner, I do slow down more to get turned quicker and then get back up to speed.For sites like Beeville usually have 2 or so 180 turnarounds where this comes into play.

On wider corners where the sweeper is the thing and an acceleration zone doesn’t follow, then ya I just try to find a wide line and raise the minimum speed.
The run that was tighter on the cones, and seemed faster to me was actually 1.5 seconds slower...

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Your first video (run 2), throttle was very smooth throughout the track. I am jealous, my right foot apparently only understands on and off based on my videos.:crackup:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
My last run in this car.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The aggression level was higher on that second run. It doesn't surprise me it was faster.
Sponsored