Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So, what's the deal with this El Mooostang guy? He seems pretty quick.

He's local to me. He's really investing in the ecoboost, trying to make it as good as it can be. Very thoughtful build, and expect him to pull in the best codriver he can find to give the car a shot at big events.

His last car was a ZL1 Camaro CAMC/Optima Ultimate Street Car which did win at SCCA Solo Nationals one year recently. He's switching things up to get into an automatic which will work better for him as a driver.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@NightmareMoon summed it up best. He was at our event last month, had the CAMC field by .9. I would argue the rest of us didn't drive well, but it's a really fast car with an experienced driver.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
@NightmareMoon summed it up best. He was at our event last month, had the CAMC field by .9. I would argue the rest of us didn't drive well, but it's a really fast car with an experienced driver.
That was someone he brought in to drive, not the owner - right ? Robert Weathers owns it, for ZLE Jacob mentioned above he brought Junior Johnson for two previous Nats.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That was someone he brought in to drive, not the owner - right ? Robert Weathers owns it, for ZLE Jacob mentioned above he brought Junior Johnson for two previous Nats.
yep.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Junior Johnson for two previous Nats.
An accomplished driver, for sure, but he's a little old, isn't he?

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
^^^Just to get ahead of this...that was a joke.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a huge fan of bringing in ringer drivers for autocross, but it's certainly a game I can play. To what end?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
An accomplished driver, for sure, but he's a little old, isn't he?
it's his ghost.
Died: December 20, 2019, Charlotte, North Carolina

or someone with an identical name. :)
Not everyone has be of IMSA driver age barely shaving to accomplish feats of fast you know...

Edit: Damn, I earned the 'whoosh' award for the day...

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan of bringing in ringer drivers for autocross, but it's certainly a game I can play. To what end?
Robert seems to have builder blood in him. Bringing in a hot shoe can confirm the car is fast, help getit dialed in.

Sponsored

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
His driver, I think has at least one Ultima trophy, and was in the trophies and ahead of me by 3 secs at the Beeville Divisional. Hurt's your feelings when a 4 banger get's you. He was only a few tenths out of the trophies.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
His driver, I think has at least one Ultima trophy, and was in the trophies and ahead of me by 3 secs at the Beeville Divisional. Hurt's your feelings when a 4 banger get's you. He was only a few tenths out of the trophies.
as it always was, it's not the size of the engine but the skill of the rider/driver that matters. big motor is only useful in a straight line where no skill is required. A middling EV with some decent suspension on it would likely SPANK every ICE out there.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Probably mentioned several times in this thread but 2016 or '17 GM guys won CAM-C at Nats with 4-cylinder Camaro.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Robert seems to have builder blood in him. Bringing in a hot shoe can confirm the car is fast, help getit dialed in.
Ya, it's not a new concept, but, whoever Junior is, and no disrespect to his abilities, I *promise* I could find someone to drive who is significantly faster. If it's just to set the car up or help with running expenses, that's one thing. If it's because you want to "win"; then you've already lost.

Like I said, to what end? Let's all build cars for Pro drivers? That sounds like a day job. This shit is for fun.

Last edited:

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Was it Austin driving at Beeville? I only saw day 1 results and that he definitely wasn't top 4. I know the car itself wasn't top 4 as of Saturday.
Sponsored