Drag Race Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye vs Camaro ZL1!

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
odd, since your anti 500 in every post and pro zle.. sooo whats to discuss?
I think you misconstrue a lack of rabid fanboy-ism, claiming everything that is *not* your car of choice to be *trash*, as hate towards the GT500.

That is not the case, as I've said time and time again that it's a badass car. If I defend the ZL1 it has nothing to do with the GT500, because they are both badass cars. I'm not stuck on hating cars because I feel the need to defend my purchase, like someone apparently is.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think you misconstrue a lack of rabid fanboy-ism, claiming everything that is *not* your car of choice to be *trash*, as hate towards the GT500.

That is not the case, as I've said time and time again that it's a badass car. If I defend the ZL1 it has nothing to do with the GT500, because they are both badass cars. I'm not stuck on hating cars because I feel the need to defend my purchase, like someone apparently is.
ok, lets take a quick review in the short, very short time youve been posting.. for a car thats been talking about for over a year now..

If you're a die-hard mustang enthusiast, then I think the choice is pretty obvious. If not, the ZL1 performs nearly as well for a lot less money.

Hope you all are having fun with the trolling while ignoring having an actual conversation. I suppose I've found Blackholes counterparts, eh?
Of course the ultimate Mustang will edge out the Grandpa version Vette. The Camaros have already been doing that for years.
For a car that will be seeing regular track use I'd likely pick a C8/GT350/SS1LE over a GT500/ZL1, but that's just preference.
The ZLE is a helleva bargain for track performance..

On tracks like VIR the CFTP will very likely win, but I predict closer results, perhaps even leaning to the ZLE, on more technical tracks.
I have no desire to downgrade to a base c8 from my ZL1. Even if its puts power down better, there's no way that car is going to be as fun.
Man there are some delusional people in here. I can't even fathom why you folks are defending Ford for not participating in competition that essentially everyone has agreed to being the gold standard.

This is something that some people just can't wrap their brains around. I get that there is a long standing rivalry, and a lot of it is in good fun, but you can tell that's not all there is.

Some folks have a need to justify their choices to an extreme. I just ignore them.

On the flip side, in real life, I've talked to and received way more props from Stang owners than other Camaro owners.
It's also very easy to option one for 66,895, with the performance package and suspension, which will weigh less and perform even better.
It barely edged it out on a track that favors high hp cars. At least you are setting up the excuse when it loses on a tight technical track.
Yeah the regular ZL1 beat the GT350R in every possible performance metric, and chose the GT350 for feels. But what do you care what they say anyways? They sandbag the Fords and cheat with GM products to make them faster, if you listen to some of these fine folk.
The ZL1 has been THE triple threat car for three years. Hardly a failure.

Your need to talk trash is pretty telling when it comes to your fragile ego.

Enjoy your mustang.
Well I suppose the GT500 is a quadruple threat.

Can't forget about the crowds... :D

I own a ZL1 but I'm not really a fanboy. I own both Fords and Chevys.

What have I said that constitutes fanboy-ism? Please tell.

Do you own a GT500?
odd

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
ok, lets take a quick review in the short, very short time youve been posting.. for a car thats been talking about for over a year now..

odd
So which of those quotes am I hating on the GT500? And how come you left out the ones where I praise the GT500 unequivocally?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So which of those quotes am I hating on the GT500? And how come you left out the ones where I praise the GT500 unequivocally?
such as? there was alaya a caveat to it.. its good BUT.. its fast BUT.. i get it, you dont want to discuss the car, you want to discuss why the zl1 is better. same shit, new day

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro jumped the start on most of the races and still got its teeth kicked in. I can’t wait to see how the boys over on C6 spin this?:giggle: But Motor Trend says..............
LMAO saw that also...

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Can’t wait til Ford or the aftermarket really lets that DCT launch.
With the Tremec DCT shared in the C8 Corvette, it’s just a matter of time.
-J

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Can’t wait til Ford or the aftermarket really lets that DCT launch.
With the Tremec DCT shared in the C8 Corvette, it’s just a matter of time.
-J
Im hearing rumors of tremec with-holding things as they want to be the sole provider for parts tuning etc. since the higher C8 versions will make much more TQ than the GT500, im curious how this plays out. I have also heard the 9007/9008 are in fact different, and the C8s may even get different versions of the 9008.. interesting, frustrating, but interesting. However, since the C8 is a more TQ'y car, im pretty sure DCT components are up to task long term

I can say, withut a doubt, there is a reason the high hp GT500s have all but dissapeared ;) limits have been found. i personally have great information on hardware, and we are all just waiting for the TCm tuning to become available.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Im hearing rumors of tremec with-holding things as they want to be the sole provider for parts tuning etc. since the higher C8 versions will make much more TQ than the GT500, im curious how this plays out. I have also heard the 9007/9008 are in fact different, and the C8s may even get different versions of the 9008.. interesting, frustrating, but interesting. However, since the C8 is a more TQ'y car, im pretty sure DCT components are up to task long term

I can say, withut a doubt, there is a reason the high hp GT500s have all but dissapeared ;) limits have been found. i personally have great information on hardware, and we are all just waiting for the TCm tuning to become available.
Limits have been found? I'm guessing you mean trans wise?