Sponsored

Car and Driver 2020 GT500 First Test - 11.4 @ 132 quarter mile

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Im with you. Its a common sense thing. Vs a magazine racer point of view. I could lose a zero to sixty battle. To a mid 13 second WRX on the street. And I'm making 750ish to the wheels. But at the drag strip. Im ripping off high 9s low 10s depending on time of year. And the same WRX isn't even in the same zip code. You'd think the magazines would have a drag strip. That would let them run for free. Just for the publicity. Hell even drag strip numbers are fuzzy with out context.
They could do a once a year shootout during the Yellow Bullet Nationals at Cecil County......
Have all the mags show up and make passes.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I promise that point is going over heads. As I type this.

Case in point below lolololol

Analyzing a few numbers isn't rocket science. Only looking at the data that you believe is relevant, and making assumptions about the rest, is totally on you if that's what you want to do. But, I'm certainly not missing the point, because I'm looking at all the data and not crafting it to fit my desired perspective.

We know that the GT500 is fast, but why wasn't it able to put the power down that day? You can just say that they all suck as drivers, or you can discuss why it wasn't able to hook up.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
Hope you all are having fun with the trolling while ignoring having an actual conversation. I suppose I've found Blackholes counterparts, eh?

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hope you all are having fun with the trolling while ignoring having an actual conversation. I suppose I've found Blackholes counterparts, eh?
Ok, ill play.
Could you please explain to me (us) how: 1.60' does not matter
2. Methods to obtain a better 60'
3. What equal ET, with vastly different mph means with &without knowing the 60'

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Of course 60' matters, never said it didn't. The assumption that it "went over my head", or whatever, is pretty dumb. We weren't provided the data, for whatever reason.

Nobody is debating whether or not the GT500 is going to have blistering acceleration in stock form. Question is how well will it put that power down without switching to drag radials?

I'm not a Chevy or a Ford guy. I own both. I want to know how this car is going to perform on the street, where it is going to be driven most of the time. With these power levels, this is a very real and valid question.

One metric I'd like to see is a 5-60, since that's usually a better real world example.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Of course 60' matters, never said it didn't. The assumption that it "went over my head", or whatever, is pretty dumb. We weren't provided the data, for whatever reason.

Nobody is debating whether or not the GT500 is going to have blistering acceleration in stock form. Question is how well will it put that power down without switching to drag radials?

I'm not a Chevy or a Ford guy. I own both. I want to know how this car is going to perform on the street, where it is going to be driven most of the time. With these power levels, this is a very real and valid question.

One metric I'd like to see is a 5-60, since that's usually a better real world example.
Then tell me what you can tell about acceleration, without the 60'.
And we can go 1 step further, the 330, 660, 1000

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Ever ran drag radials on <40 degree F pavement? Hell, ever ran summer tires on <40 degree pavement?

Putting the power down goes far beyond what an actual vehicles capabilities are. It's again one of those reasons 0-60 times have become an overrated statistic. Those sport cup 2 tires when tested in the cold are going to be slippery as hell. That doesn't mean the car isn't capable.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Exactly as I thought. It’s tough to get traction with that much power from a dig.

But the gt500 is going to be an absolute terror from a roll.
I'm not the only one with these thoughts, but apparently I'm the only one today? Since everyone seems to want to jump down my throat.

Again, not saying the car isn't capable. Why do you think I'm here? I'm interested in the car, there's a lot to like.

We don't get <40 degree weather here. :p

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ever ran drag radials on <40 degree F pavement? Hell, ever ran summer tires on <40 degree pavement?

Putting the power down goes far beyond what an actual vehicles capabilities are. It's again one of those reasons 0-60 times have become an overrated statistic. Those sport cup 2 tires when tested in the cold are going to be slippery as hell. That doesn't mean the car isn't capable.
I get the feeling hes one them "0-60 is the same as 60' " types...
;)