Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Hellcat vs ZL1 - How They Compare Off The Drag Strip [Edmunds Comparison Review]

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:cwl: Those Prius drivers were smoking me so I had to get a 2650:cwl:. Haven’t had someone hit me gawking but the elementary school kids certainly enjoy the car when I drop my boys off:thumbsup:
How could they not with that cool ass bat mobile wing.:like:
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously all great fun cars and as much as I would love a GT500 I can’t stop looking at the hellcat wide body and thinking it just looks the coolest and most road friendly of the three. That would be the one in my garage if I lived in America

Hemi 300C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler 300C. 2017 Ford Edge Sport
If you're going to compair these fantastic cars on a track. Use a real track and not a Nascar type set up. I'm guessing the test had a limited budget, but that test was a joke. Use VIR where the Shelby GT500 recently ran the straight aways at over 170 mph. "From the Motor Trend article using professional driver Randy Pobst" The Mustang devoured the long back straight at VIR, touching 170 mph, lap after lap. No power fade here.
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Track Test: The Ultimate Mustang
Shelby GT500 challenges the world and evolves from fast pony car to straight-up supercar

Hemi 300C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler 300C. 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I like all three of these cars, the gt500 is great but really not a good daily car with the CFTP, the ZL1 1LE is too hard core. The base 500 or ZL1 are alot better for that, however I think the hellcat is going to be the most reliable car here over time. The platform is proven and I would be scared to put alot of miles on a DCT car. I like the look of the 13-14 gt500 better anyway.
Why do you think the Shelby GT500 will not be reliable. If it's the engine. It's the same block Ford uses in the Cobra Jet drag car. Regarding reliability. My 2018 Chrysler 300C Hemi has been in my dealerships service center for 30 days waiting for parts. Having only 13,300 miles, I'll never purchase another FCA product. My other vehicle is a Ford Edge Sport. 40,000 miles and zero issues.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Why do you think the Shelby GT500 will not be reliable. If it's the engine. It's the same block Ford uses in the Cobra Jet drag car. Regarding reliability. My 2018 Chrysler 300C Hemi has been in my dealerships service center for 30 days waiting for parts. Having only 13,300 miles, I'll never purchase another FCA product. My other vehicle is a Ford Edge Sport. 40,000 miles and zero issues.
I think it may be reliable, the engine should be much more so than the GT350 5.2 I was talking mostly about the DCT I just don’t see it lasting like a standard auto. Auto trannies have become so good these days many outlast the engines. I could be wrong of course but when the DCT goes at 100,000 miles with no warranty the cost will be huge, modded there is no question the DCT won’t take power like a torque converter trans. I get the whole FCA junk story, but all companies make junk and good. No question the 5.7 6.4 and Hellcat 6.2s have proven themselves as good engines. 5.0 is crazy good as well.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think it may be reliable, the engine should be much more so than the GT350 5.2 I was talking mostly about the DCT I just don’t see it lasting like a standard auto. Auto trannies have become so good these days many outlast the engines. I could be wrong of course but when the DCT goes at 100,000 miles with no warranty the cost will be huge, modded there is no question the DCT won’t take power like a torque converter trans. I get the whole FCA junk story, but all companies make junk and good. No question the 5.7 6.4 and Hellcat 6.2s have proven themselves as good engines. 5.0 is crazy good as well.
Limited production car, dct needs clutches.
Nothing crazy expensive for the performance you get.
Sponsored