Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I appreciate your reply,
To be honest, my buddy offered me those braces as take off and will consider them if the traction was an issue for me. in addition, the car is equipped with Roush lowering kit and pair of R888R's on the back and hope they hook well.
My goals : fun weekend car with W/M in future for better cooling and a bit of mixed boostane if I'm not happy with the power made.
Any pics how to route the passenger side ? couldn't find one for the Odin and only whipples and so..
The braces are to prevent wheel hop, and make your halfshafts more safe due to that. It also tightens up the feel of the rear irs. Highly recommended.

Your setup is similar to mine, the r888r hooked well for me.

Lemme see if i can find a pic. It was pretty self explanatory though honestly
Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Hey Adamone92,

Just got my ODIN kit and will probably be installing it in a specialized shop next week. I'd like to confirm that I got the FIC1000 injectors and the Bosch pump which is Ok I assume. However, I've got the JLT Oil separators on both sides and had them from my fellow who sold his car. His car was N/A and I am hoping those OS will work just fine. ( especially the passenger side ) I also got the OPG/CS plus Kooks LH with Roush exhaust factory system. Do I have to take any other considerations ? Got some others goodies aligned with that as well but I wish they get everything in place perfectly.
Thanks in advance,
Which model year car did you get the oil separators from? The passenger side will take an 18+ JLT oil separator.

Sponsored

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Which model year car did you get the oil separators from? The passenger side will take an 18+ JLT oil separator.
it was 19 or 20 so that will still do :) Thanx for your input anyways
I'm not sure if it is like the UPR's with the check valve option for FI application but i'm hoping the one's I got will do just great.

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
it was 19 or 20 so that will still do :) Thanx for your input anyways
I'm not sure if it is like the UPR's with the check valve option for FI application but i'm hoping the one's I got will do just great.
It does not have a check valve unfortunately.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Changing the subject a little, finally got my car mostly sorted out. VMP has been helpful and patient. Chuck, Mike, Paul, Jesse and everyone there has gone above and beyond. 3rd throttle body from a new batch, losing the cats and adding boostane make a huge difference. The boostane alone makes a night and day difference over just 93.

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just installed my Odin setup on my 2019 PP1 two weekends ago, as well as doing the OPG/CS swap. Was having some issues with my VMP tune they could not figure out, so I ended up having to take it to a local tuner this past Thursday. Car is now flawless and made 699.9hp/555tq on 93. No other mods to the car except the Odin and Cat Back Exhaust. Very happy with the results.

Odin.jpg

Last edited:

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I just installed my Odin setup on my 2019 PP1 two weekends ago, as well as doing the OPG/CS swap. Was having some issues with my VMP tune they could not figure out, so I ended up having to take it to a local tuner this past Thursday. Car is now flawless and made 699.9hp/555tq on 93. No other mods to the car except the Odin and Cat Back Exhaust. Very happy with the results.

Odin.jpg
What issues were you having? I had some growing pains when I got my VMP GEN2R. I feel like it was never fullly sorted with the VMP tune. I have considered trying Lund.

Sponsored

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What issues were you having? I had some growing pains when I got my VMP GEN2R. I feel like it was never fullly sorted with the VMP tune. I have considered trying Lund.
I was having some pretty bad bucking and surging on acceleration, and what felt like throttle body oscillations at speed when trying to kick down. I sent several logs to VMP. They sent a revision, it was worse. When I called them, I was told "there is no way it can be worse", so I loaded the original base tune back into it. I then received an email from them telling me the problems was me......that my foot was causing the bucking and surging. I tried to explain to them the pedal command was me as a result of the car bucking so bad, my foot was bouncing off the pedal. They told me they had no idea what the problem was, because that same base tune was used in all their Odin installs. I finally got frustrated and contacted a well known and respected Coyote tuner in TN and made an appointment to meet him at the dyno. We did a single pull on the VMP tune just to get a baseline (because WOT logs were fine in the car), he loaded his base tune, and the bucking,/surging was gone. The trans shifting was perfect and I had a smile on my face the whole hour and a half drive home.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was having some pretty bad bucking and surging on acceleration, and what felt like throttle body oscillations at speed when trying to kick down. I sent several logs to VMP. They sent a revision, it was worse. When I called them, I was told "there is no way it can be worse", so I loaded the original base tune back into it. I then received an email from them telling me the problems was me......that my foot was causing the bucking and surging. I tried to explain to them the pedal command was me as a result of the car bucking so bad, my foot was bouncing off the pedal. They told me they had no idea what the problem was, because that same base tune was used in all their Odin installs. I finally got frustrated and contacted a well known and respected Coyote tuner in TN and made an appointment to meet him at the dyno. We did a single pull on the VMP tune just to get a baseline (because WOT logs were fine in the car), he loaded his base tune, and the bucking,/surging was gone. The trans shifting was perfect and I had a smile on my face the whole hour and a half drive home.
This is exactly what my car is doing. Mine is a manual but same exact scenario, bucks and surges and causes my foot to make it worse. I rode with Mike at VMP and I truly believe they are trying to fix it for me but they are still working on it. He was in the car with me driving and logging it on his laptop. Do you have contact info for who tuned your car if you dont mind sharing?

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is exactly what my car is doing. Mine is a manual but same exact scenario, bucks and surges and causes my foot to make it worse. I rode with Mike at VMP and I truly believe they are trying to fix it for me but they are still working on it. He was in the car with me driving and logging it on his laptop. Do you have contact info for who tuned your car if you dont mind sharing?
Mike was the tuner on mine, as well. They blamed everything but the tune. In the end, it was the tune. I took it to Daryle Wengerd at Wengerd Tuning and Performance in Paris, TN. If you have FB, he has a FB page under his shop name. If not, PM me, and I will forward his phone number. Car is now running perfect and his transmission tuning is amazing. I am very impressed with his work.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Mike was the tuner on mine, as well. They blamed everything but the tune. In the end, it was the tune. I took it to Daryle Wengerd at Wengerd Tuning and Performance in Paris, TN. If you have FB, he has a FB page under his shop name. If not, PM me, and I will forward his phone number. Car is now running perfect and his transmission tuning is amazing. I am very impressed with his work.
Thanks for the info, hopefully I can send him data logs and he can figure it out. Like a 9 hour drive for me.

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info, hopefully I can send him data logs and he can figure it out. Like a 9 hour drive for me.
He won't be able to do anything with VMP's tune. They encrypt their tune files. If you keep the VMP tune, VMP is going to have to figure it out and fix it.
Sponsored