VMP Odin

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it worth switching from the 3.5 pulley in the kit down to the 88mm? If so, what belt should I get to make sure there’s no slipping with the smaller pulley?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
With the VMP tune on 93 only it made 702rwhp. It runs much better now than it did and pulls ridiculously above 4000rpm. I run boostane now as well. My ass dyno says probably 750ish. I'm extremely satisfied. I don't have a dyno near me to run it on but I'll run it if I get the opportunity someday.
Get a Dragy. 60-130 timed runs are a decent indicator of power depending on car weight.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The man has a great reputation ahead of him! If my tuner isn't able to fix the shi**y idling then I'm gonna ask for my money back and definitely considering Daryl.
Another option you might want to look at is a guy in Maryland named Adam. He has a really good Mustang shop just outside of Baltimore city called Revolution Automotive. I know he goes over to the United Arab Emirates from time to time to tune, and he should be able to remote tune you.

https://www.facebook.com/getrevauto/

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Another option you might want to look at is a guy in Maryland named Adam. He has a really good Mustang shop just outside of Baltimore city called Revolution Automotive. I know he goes over to the United Arab Emirates from time to time to tune, and he should be able to remote tune you.

https://www.facebook.com/getrevauto/
Thanks for the heads up..
I went with Ortiz few months back and changed my TB and probably in the last stage fine tuning it!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went with Ortiz few months back and changed my TB and probably in the last stage fine tuning it!
Excellent. Glad you have a handle on it.

Sponsored

casper cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
casper cobra
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
sorry to bring things from the dies as i am having the same issue and am chasing my tail checking every single parts. Does your issues was the throttle body. I heard terrible stories about 69 TB

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
sorry to bring things from the dies as i am having the same issue and am chasing my tail checking every single parts. Does your issues was the throttle body. I heard terrible stories about 69 TB
Positive! I would say it helped my tuner to get one revision after installing the new TB and car is in perfect shape now. I've also inserted the bypass restrictor from Whipple and that helped with the shutting off of the TB blade faster ( instantly ).
I will use my dragy to get some data and probably reach out my tuner to see if there is any room for adjustment as my car is dead thirsty and consume much more.

Last edited:

Poniedgt5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
My personal opinion. It's a great improvement over the previous generations with the valley intercooler. Then again, all the new generations with it flipped (and bigger intercoolers) have jumped.

The entire point of a roots over a twin screw was price. Roots blowers are cheaper to manufacture because the tolerances and poly seals make it simpler.

If a roots blower of comparable displacement is the same price as a twin screw, it kinda defeats the whole distinction. Roots blowers are less efficient and create more heat (that TS).

I think the whole TVS crowd has continually pushed their price point up to the area of TS because the market is willing to pay more and more.

Imagine if a fiberglass or plastic hood cost the same price as a carbon fiber hood? what would be the point? Why would you pay the same amount of money for a lesser design?

I think the Odin is a great blower, I just don't think the price point makes sense, when you can have a better whipple for the same price, maybe even cheaper.
I'm in California currently so vmp installing it isn't really an option lol.

September? Dang. They told me a week and a half or so for parts to ship so I'm hoping sooner than later..

Thanks! I'll try to post install pics for anyone in the future that may be interested.
The install video they have posted makes it look straight forward and pretty easy, would like to know how yours gos in comparison
Sponsored