Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Although Stangmode is a youtube personality, a 9.5 second street car is no joke. VMP seems like a solid brand, i went Edelbrock and i truly regret buying especially because once you buy from a huge corporation you are lost to them after the sale is made. I bet if you call VMP you can talk to the owner, try that at edelbrock lol you cant even get the head tech guy . All you get there is some guy that blocks you from ever reaching someone with any kind of decision making power.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Although Stangmode is a youtube personality, a 9.5 second street car is no joke. VMP seems like a solid brand, i went Edelbrock and i truly regret buying especially because once you buy from a huge corporation you are lost to them after the sale is made. I bet if you call VMP you can talk to the owner, try that at edelbrock lol you cant even get the head tech guy . All you get there is some guy that blocks you from ever reaching someone with any kind of decision making power.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I agree, and everything I can find points to a great product. Whipple seems to have a lot of blown motors which concerns me and you're on point about edlebrock.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I agree, and everything I can find points to a great product. Whipple seems to have a lot of blown motors which concerns me and you're on point about edlebrock.
Something i have noticed is that catalytic converts especially the passenger side is prone to blow out and or complete melt down and the whipple is never far away but its the tune and not the SC fault. If you can get away with a cat delete do it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah if your gonna boost your the car the cats need to go. I know this makes it tough in emissions states. I originally had cats by way of a complete Arh exhaust front to back but they started failing so i dumped them..

Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Yes i have even seen where the aftermarket cats from Kooks for example have failed in a huge way and their response is they were not designed for boost.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
VMP makes a great blower, they custom tune it, stand behind it and easy to work with a get in contact with and don’t push your car to the ragged edge.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
i spent about 45 mins in a chat online with rebecca and she is an amazing person and Justin seems super low key as well. Got some balls calling out Kenne Bell. I really regret not gointg with them but i wanted front feed and oding wasnt out,just bad timing.

Last edited:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have a Whipple Stage 2 Kit on my 2017 Mustang and the Whipple Tune drives just like stock until you make boost.
Most fun car I have ever owned and I have went 10.70ET 132MPH on their conservative tune.Just Saying

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
You are correct 9.50 second street car is no joke but it will take more than any supercharger kit do accomplish those goals.
Stangemode said he spent $25,000 on parts plus labor to run those times.
Sponsored