Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
what type of MPG are yall seeing? Ive been right around 14 mpg lol
Im showing 17 right now but thats about 400 miles worth and working through what I believe is either a throttle body or tps issue.
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Im showing 17 right now but thats about 400 miles worth and working through what I believe is either a throttle body or tps issue.
gotcha. what are your issues? i had plenty of throttle body issues before, so maybe yours are similar.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
gotcha. what are your issues? i had plenty of throttle body issues before, so maybe yours are similar.
Sometimes when I shift into second or third, it bucks and surges like I'm hammering the throttle then letting off. I just short shift then it'll be fine. Its not consistent maybe once or twice every 30 mile drive. Usually I let the car warm up and it happens in the first mile or so of driving. Mike at VMP has been helpful. Sent multiple data logs and trying to use process of elimination since its not throwing any codes.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sometimes when I shift into second or third, it bucks and surges like I'm hammering the throttle then letting off. I just short shift then it'll be fine. Its not consistent maybe once or twice every 30 mile drive. Usually I let the car warm up and it happens in the first mile or so of driving. Mike at VMP has been helpful. Sent multiple data logs and trying to use process of elimination since its not throwing any codes.
interesting. hope they get it figured out for you.

my first throttle body was getting stuck open every time i would drive around.
my second one must have had something wrong with the TPS, because it wouldnt even open and would throw a code before even starting the car.
on my third twinjet 69 currently and all seems great with this one. fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
interesting. hope they get it figured out for you.

my first throttle body was getting stuck open every time i would drive around.
my second one must have had something wrong with the TPS, because it wouldnt even open and would throw a code before even starting the car.
on my third twinjet 69 currently and all seems great with this one. fingers crossed.
Glad to hear, seems like there are a few issues with the twin jet 69.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Glad to hear, seems like there are a few issues with the twin jet 69.
yeah, apparently they had a bad batch and many people had to send them back

they also dont have a way to test them before they send them out to us.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Has anyone considered making a lid for the provided CAI? whipple, roush, etc seem to use a closed box design. Think closing it will make much of a difference?

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Has anyone considered making a lid for the provided CAI? whipple, roush, etc seem to use a closed box design. Think closing it will make much of a difference?
I think it would definitely make a difference, not sure why it doesn't have a lid.

Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Has anyone had issues w/ LTFT increasing ~20-23% under acceleration? STFT remain good, fluctuating only by ~3/4%.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Has anyone had issues w/ LTFT increasing ~20-23% under acceleration? STFT remain good, fluctuating only by ~3/4%.
id have to look back at some of my logs. I usually monitor lambda on my ngauge and it always seems fine.

other question...anyone with vmp odin kit with 88mm pulley..what boost psi are you seeing? if you have a different pulley id be interested to hear your boost levels as well.

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
id have to look back at some of my logs. I usually monitor lambda on my ngauge and it always seems fine.

other question...anyone with vmp odin kit with 88mm pulley..what boost psi are you seeing? if you have a different pulley id be interested to hear your boost levels as well.
Yeah I still have the 88 mm pulley. I need to get a boost gauge. I have been fighting it but I really should do it. I recently, dynoed the car at HellHorse performance during a dyno meet hosted by Zander13 and SpeedAddict731 and it made the power it is supposed to so I hope that counts for something.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah I still have the 88 mm pulley. I need to get a boost gauge. I have been fighting it but I really should do it. I recently, dynoed the car at HellHorse performance during a dyno meet hosted by Zander13 and SpeedAddict731 and it made the power it is supposed to so I hope that counts for something.
what were your dyno results? and what boost were you told you should be seeing?

oh wait! I actually may have saw your car in that video lol. was it the gen 2 right around 700hp?

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
what were your dyno results? and what boost were you told you should be seeing?

oh wait! I actually may have saw your car in that video lol. was it the gen 2 right around 700hp?
My man! Yes it was. I made 715 on 93 however, idk what boost it was making. I won that dyno meet competition so shout out to VMP once again and HellHorse!
Sponsored