Sponsored

The "how to disable the data link to Ford" thread

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
Just got done reading all of this. It looks like Ford partnered with Nationwide, our provider: https://developer.nationwide.com/case-studies/ford

Wifey got a new 2023 GT and is for whatever reason, STOKED about unlocking via cell phone. :facepalm:

Does this delete option have anything to do with this sitch?

1695845151244.png

It sounds like she needs to call in and opt-out, delete the app and any data, and I need to toggle those setting off in the vehicle if they are present, and possibly do a Sync master reset? Additionally, removal of fuse #8 in my case would be added insurance? If this keeps the Nav map working as well as Pandora via my phone over BT, then that would be sweet! Will see what I can get into this eve. I saw the post about Job 2 connections in the trunk, but figured I'd follow these other 2 steps first.

Thanks to all who have contributed!
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My 2021 GT500 was delivered yesterday. I figured I'd drive it until I had some time on the weekend then remove fuse 8 and do the telematics module in the trunk unplug.

Wow, driving it today, it's IMPOSSIBLE to not hit the loud pedal. I just got home and removed fuse 8. After reading all 25 pages I think that takes care of it since both the 4G and wifi antennas come off the telematic module?

I will unplug the module on the weekend, but I *think* i'm safe for now?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..but I *think* i'm safe for now?
JT: When I got the vehicle in 2020, I pulled that fuse and the next time I took her in for a TSB, the service writer was miffed that there was no new data from FordPass. I smiled and said, "Perfect."

I'm no expert on this but I do believe you are good to go.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Does this delete option have anything to do with this sitch?

1695845151244.png
It is only used to offer a wifi signal to the phones/iPads/laptops of people in the car in case they don’t have their own 4G/LTE plan or their provider signal is weak.
This requires an extra contract with AT&T, I believe.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Posting a datapoint from another brand.

I was home and opened my Tesla app to check cost per mile while Susan happened to be driving the car. The app main screen always shows a picture of the car (see below).

I was surprised to see an image of a road passing under the car along with current speed, current location (address or cross streets) and even interior temp and what she was listening to. When she parked, it showed the door opening and closing as well as the trunk when it opened and closed.

I would not be surprised if all automakers are or will be doing that to the extent they have sensors for things like doors opening, etc.. Tesla swears none of it is retained, but obviously no way to verify.

There are some advantages to muddy the cost/benefit. For example, the little fan shaped "button" turns on the AC/heat to programmed temp (or lets you change that). Can't deny that having the car waiting at 72 instead of 130 in AZ summer has its charm.

1696446381021.png

Sponsored

Johnnystang2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang 1968 mustang
This thread needs a bump, its way too important to forget about. My car insurance went up 43% they said inflation was the only reason. I do live in Florida, there are a lot of factors I'm sure, being they now have proof I do drive my car the way its supposed to be driven, I do work 86 miles round trip all interstate 5 days a week . Its heavy traffic and people can't drive. There are sudden stops and I do accelerate onto highway and etc... But 6 months ago there was a lot too. I have no accident or tickets the only thing that has changed is Ford pass on my Mach1 3 months ago. I will delete it and do some of the things listed. I am afraid its too late now...

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This thread needs a bump, its way too important to forget about. My car insurance went up 43% they said inflation was the only reason. I do live in Florida, there are a lot of factors I'm sure, being they now have proof I do drive my car the way its supposed to be driven, I do work 86 miles round trip all interstate 5 days a week . Its heavy traffic and people can't drive. There are sudden stops and I do accelerate onto highway and etc... But 6 months ago there was a lot too. I have no accident or tickets the only thing that has changed is Ford pass on my Mach1 3 months ago. I will delete it and do some of the things listed. I am afraid its too late now...
Call Ford and tell them you are opting out. Then pull the plug on the modem.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That stinks.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Call Ford and tell them you are opting out. Then pull the plug on the modem.
Just to be clear, the TCU module is in the trunk, behind the trunk liner, above the Right rear wheel?

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
From what I remember reading in other posts, it might be closer to the Left rear lights.
Thanks. I wonder what the Ford data collection buttholes thought of my car hitting 160MPH on the dyno.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
From what I remember reading in other posts, it might be closer to the Left rear lights.
Based on the fixed GPS location, they concluded it fell into a deep ravin or shot up into space!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, near the left tail light behind the liner. I believe I posted photos a while back.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, the TCU module is in the trunk, behind the trunk liner, above the Right rear wheel?
Yes, near the left tail light behind the liner. I believe I posted photos a while back.
I took this when I put sequencers on my taillights (the plug with the two cable ties) :

1697523078940.jpeg

To help with orientation, the angled form with the two inserts in the bottom right of that photo is the area where the rear bumper and fender meet on the left side of the car :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored