Sponsored

Ford Performance stops building the GT500 from January to February

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
WOW, that is super dissapointing. If thats the case then lets talk realistic time frames here. If they start back up in March Iam guessing many of us are talking May, June, July on the ground at the dealership. If thats true I think you can eliminate March or April for an actual delivery. Anyone want to chime in???????????? Iam truly disappointed about that news.
I’m right there with you beyond disappointed with this news, I was hoping I would get my car at the end of March since my build day is 2/24 but now it will probably won’t be until May. My original day was 11/26 but got pushed back to February. This whole process has been disappointing and frustrating.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I’m right there with you beyond disappointed with this news, I was hoping I would get my car at the end of March since my build day is 2/24 but now it will probably won’t be until May. My original day was 11/26 but got pushed back to February. This whole process has been disappointing and frustrating.
Manny, is 02/24 your latest date, I have you down for 02/27?

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Manny, is 02/24 your latest date, I have you down for 02/27?
Look me double check, I’ll get back to you on Monday, I don’t want to mix the dates up.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I call Ford Performance weekly. Same info every week. No VIN. No build date. The guys are very pleasant, but they only know what is being told to them. Ford knows that none of us are going to cancel our orders and go get another car. They have great reviews coming out for the car that is practically sold out. They have no motivation to rush. Those of us who are sitting around begging for a build date is exactly what they want.

Unfortunately, as the director chairman and executor of the March Mustang Club, I am making the executive decision to rename the club: May Mustang Club. Two meanings - we are getting our cars in May or “we may or may not ever get our cars”. Lol. Sorry guys, in the trenches with you!
RIght there with you. Ordered mine back in July and still unscheduled material hold. Maybe by this coming July I will see the car.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Noah is a great guy. Informative and friendly.
However, he is just passing along what he is told by management, which may or may not be accurate( what a surprise).

If I get my vin and car, great. Worst case, I get my deposit back and go shopping for an 80 k car (not a Ford).

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Previously - this rule only applied for the GT350R and the super-soft Sport Cup 2 tires. I’d be inclined to believe that this would be the same.

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Guys worried about the tires, I wouldn’t. There’s a great review of the P4S from a Gt350r owner last winter. It’s on YouTube, he was driving around in 18 degree weather testing the tire in the winter. He even did some brake tests. It’s a good tire. I wouldn’t be worried

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Guys worried about the tires, I wouldn’t. There’s a great review of the P4S from a Gt350r owner last winter. It’s on YouTube, he was driving around in 18 degree weather testing the tire in the winter. He even did some brake tests. It’s a good tire. I wouldn’t be worried
Interesting and I know of people who never change the engine oil lol. This is a huge no no the compound in the tire can crack and is ruined and sure like anything you won't see damage right away. But how stupid is this person? And not surprising this is why they call them SUMMER Performance tires. So yes you should be worried about driving your car in cold temps. And let the arguments begin which Ive been thru this before, And Ford obviously is concerned about selling new cars with tire defects which is why they are shutting down the production. Why else would they idle the plant? And for the record most people are clueless on the use of the Summer Performance Tires specs and guidelines. Which most do not follow and shocking to hear people don't follow the rules LOL. And hey I am all for keeping production going so send the Video to FORD Performance and tell them don't stop since it's not a big deal.

Per Michelins web site:
Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Interesting and I know of people who never change the engine oil lol. This is a huge no no the compound in the tire can crack and is ruined and sure like anything you won't see damage right away. But how stupid is this person? And not surprising this is why they call them SUMMER Performance tires. So yes you should be worried about driving your car in cold temps. And let the arguments begin which Ive been thru this before, And Ford obviously is concerned about selling new cars with tire defects which is why they are shutting down the production. Why else would they idle the plant? And for the record most people are clueless on the use of the Summer Performance Tires specs and guidelines. Which most do not follow and shocking to hear people don't follow the rules LOL. And hey I am all for keeping production going so send the Video to FORD Performance and tell them don't stop since it's not a big deal.

Per Michelins web site:
Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.
My car is sitting in a railyard in KC since 12/9 outside on P4S tires. When I finally get my car do I have ford replace my tires under warranty because they have been exposed to temperatures below 20degs?

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
My car is sitting in a railyard in KC since 12/9 outside on P4S tires. When I finally get my car do I have ford replace my tires under warranty because they have been exposed to temperatures below 20degs?
I would definitely have them looked at and yes If their is any sign of cracking. Maybe that’s why it’s being held as well. Never know and doesn’t hurt to ask. I mean how many here have received a car that’s been damaged during shipping? And the dealer has to stand behind it.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Mine is right next to yours and this whole debacle is really pissing me off.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
They are still making plenty of PP1 and PP2 mustangs with the same PS4 Michelin tires and they aren't stopping production of those cars. Doesn't make sense but hey that just my opinion.

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
This was the last time I spoke with FP Via Web (Nov 25) and this is what Kyle from FP told me.
55375970-4273-4189-B3CB-715E67E4D590.jpeg

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
They are still making plenty of PP1 and PP2 mustangs with the same PS4 Michelin tires and they aren't stopping production of those cars. Doesn't make sense but hey that just my opinion.
Not sure about PP1, but PP2 has the Sport Cup 2's...
I was understanding that the PP2's were only built spring through fall due to the tire cracking issue.
I ordered my PP2 in January of '18 and received it 4 months later in May.
Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Last edited: