bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good read. Im expecting 675-700whp out of the GT500. They may rate it at 720. Crank. But like the Hellcat. It'll make more.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I really think after all the hoopla, the long wait, the existing competition, they're going to really want to the very least, exceed the previous GT500 by a solid 100HP (at least in terms of "marketed HP").

That's why I'm in for 765 - 785, specifically 781 :D

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don’t believe fords advertised number will be anything less than 755.

But 777 or in a perfect world... 808 sounds about right.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Yeah, I really think after all the hoopla, the long wait, the existing competition, they're going to really want to the very least, exceed the previous GT500 by a solid 100HP (at least in terms of "marketed HP").

That's why I'm in for 765 - 785, specifically 781 :D
I don’t believe fords advertised number will be anything less than 755.

But 777 or in a perfect world... 808 sounds about right.
LOL, you guys are dreaming.:like:

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Of course it’s possible. The 808 number is a “perfect world” dream number.

The 777 number is the high side of realistic.

No less than 755 seems about right. No dreaming necessary.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Of course it’s possible. The 808 number is a “perfect world” dream number.

The 777 number is the high side of realistic.

No less than 755 seems about right. No dreaming necessary.
Want to put money on that?:crackup:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Maybe, but let me ask you this: what do you think the blockers are for __not__ winding up with a HP number in the 755-785 range?

Is the platform incapable? Seems like the people who've analyzed the blower specs, engine RPM, etc., think it's pretty doable. Of course you have to factor in warranty/durability, so clearly there's a what-can-it-do reliably consideration.

What about the "need" for Ford to exceed expectations and [most] of the competition - that seems like that would really drive the engineering side, even if it meant (like we've seen) some delays, slower rollout, and if the hardware is capabable, why with that incentive wouldn't Ford at come to market with a HP figure bigger - or matching - than: ZL1/Z06/ZR1, and even the "regular" Hellcat for that matter.

Remember the whole bit with the digital dash reveal and the industry thinking Ford might've slipped in an easter egg of the HP target for the GT500?

upload_2019-2-28_8-40-14.png

I think since day one they've been targeting mid-700s, and all the final tweaking is a little HP bump, but really dialing in the tuning, in combination with the DCT, controls modes and whatnot.

I mean, it's going to be a badass vehicle, but I just can't imagine showing up at the table with something like 720, just a 58HP bump over the previous GT500 ...

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I doubt the 772 of the digital dash as well. More likely 72 with a zero left off.

That being said, I think anything less than 755 is a mistake.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Maybe, but let me ask you this: what do you think the blockers are for __not__ winding up with a HP number in the 755-785 range?
-Emissions
-Transmission Durability
-Warranty

Is the platform incapable?
The hard parts in place (aside from the trans)? No, a 5.2L with high 7000rpm's and that 2.65L spinning 20,000rpm on e85 or race fuel will throw down 900rwhp without much trouble.

-Won't meet emissions.
-Trans won't last.
-No warranty.
-Won't make that power for more than 7-8sec during a hero dyno run.

You can make all sorts of things happen when you can cut the above list loose. All things the aftermarket doesn't take into consideration.

What about the "need" for Ford to exceed expectations and [most] of the competition - that seems like that would really drive the engineering side, even if it meant (like we've seen) some delays, slower rollout, and if the hardware is capabable, why with that incentive wouldn't Ford at come to market with a HP figure bigger - or matching - than: ZL1/Z06/ZR1, and even the "regular" Hellcat for that matter.
Because they will sell every car they want to make and still have demand while not having to take the above risks.

My guess is 730-740cshp. My "guess" is more calculation based on experience, being a realist and having access to knowledge most don't have, than guess.:thumbsup:

And you know what? With DCT and 3.73's the car is going to be stupid fast/capable. It will be light-years beyond the driving skills of 98% of people that get them. 20hp here or 20hp there won't matter a bit unless that persons only priority is racing dyno numbers on the internet. I spent 10yrs as a professional Superbike racer. Lap records, 7 championships and I really don't know how many wins/podiums. I lost count. This is on a vehicle that makes 190-210rwhp and weighs 375lb (1.875lb/hp) with a rear contact patch the size of you hand. A tiny bit too much throttle exiting a corner and you launch yourself into orbit. Then break bones when you land. I've gone down at 198mph, 186mph, 168mph and lost count of how many times between 100-150mph. And guess what, I'm a little nervous about wheeling the GT500 around the track. It's only 5lb/hp, not even close to the power to weight of a Superbike. And it has MASSIVE contact patches. It also has a roll bar (mine will), 5pt belts, Hans device....a car around you. Even with all that, It certainly has my respect. It should be terrifying to most people. I know it will take me some time to get to where I can push the car at 95%. How hard can you average track day guy push? 40%? 50%? If that? So what do they need 20hp more for? What they need is about $10,000 in driving schools about 20 track days and $20,000 in tires to hone their skills. Then maybe they will be able to extract 75% out of the car in stone stock trim. After 4-5yrs of that maybe, if they have some natural talent, they can push the car above 90%.

I don't care what power it makes (within reason of course). What I care about is the overall package, it's capabilities and consistency. Cooling, brakes and brake cooling, suspension performance, balance, the ability to adjust the suspension, etc. For what this car was designed for those are the top priorities. If someone is looking for big dick internet numbers to brag about and the ability to rip off a 1/4mi time they're buying the wrong car. Get a GT with a A10 and chuck a blower and suspension at it. It will be everything they want, and about half the money. Right tool for the job and all that.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
720-730 should be enough I figure.

It’s the lost opportunities in lightweighing that has me a little disappointed.

They should have included composite cradle on the front, carbon roof, composite coil springs and aluminum doors.

Price would have gone up quite a bit on a potentially highly premium prices mustang that starts at what, 25k??
Sponsored